Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,989 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment (1063 Views)

Zambian Man Commits Suicide After Killing His Wife / ABSU Student Commits Suicide Due To His Inability To Graduate (Photos) / HIV Positive Man Commits Suicide By Hanging In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by Gistformant: 10:14am On Oct 14, 2019
A young man named Samson reportedly committed suicide "overnight" due to unemployment.

Twitter user, Adedayo Ben Lanre, who is a cousin to the deceased, shared the sad news on Twitter.

"Today is the worst day of my life," Lanre tweeted.

He added: "Not the best news to start the week... My closest cousin committed suicide overnight due to unemployment. Samson why?"

Unemployment rate in Nigeria increased to 23.10 percent in the third quarter of 2018 from 22.70 percent in the second quarter of 2018, according to the National Bureau of Statistics. In the third quarter of 2017, unemployment stood at 18.8 percent.

Gist from Gistmore
http://gistmore.com/young-man-commits-suicide-due-to-unemployment

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by Gistformant: 10:16am On Oct 14, 2019

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by Aonkuuse(m): 10:26am On Oct 14, 2019
Rest in peace brother I might not understand what you were passing through but it was not a good decision though
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by DonBenny77(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2019
Pressure, Family must have let him down....
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by Thoniax(f): 10:35am On Oct 14, 2019
Mehn this is so sad so sorry for your loss
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by BlackfireX: 10:37am On Oct 14, 2019
A person who commit suicide actually commit MURDER
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by pocohantas(f): 3:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
He didn't just commit suicide because of unemployment- but more about its associating pressure and stigmatization.

To be a man is not a day's job and it is worse in a society where people respect the one with (more) money.

If a woman is done with school, most people will think all she needs is a husband. He is expected to automatically become responsible for her, maybe her family too. Men do not have that luxury of being someone's RESPONSIBILITY.

I remember when my bro was job hunting and became depressed. That was when he started Bet9ja sef grin. I turned motivational speaker that period, that is aside ensuring he doesn't look JOBLESS. I knew he was happy I had a job, but seeing me kinda reminded him he could/should do better.

I always tell people, run your own race. Social media is make-believe. Everyone is fresh on Instagram and FB. They only show you what they want you to see! So, don't go looking at them and feeling you are a failure. You will only slide into depression, next stage is suicide- if you don't speak!

Some people are latebloomers. If you haven't hammered now, there is still tomorrow. Last last, everyone won't be rich.

Above all, surround yourself with people that understand your struggles. Engage in anything legal, no matter now little. Daily association with people has a way of refreshing us. So, being a hermit isn't the way out...that is when those little demons put ideas in your head.

...If you see a legal way to leave this shithole- move and do not remember the way that leads home.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by saucecoder: 5:44pm On Oct 14, 2019
pocohantas:
He didn't just commit suicide because of unemployment- but more about its associating pressure and stigmatization.

To be a man is not a day's job and it is worse in a society where people respect the one with (more) money.

If a woman is done with school, most people will think all she needs is a husband. He is expected to automatically become responsible for her, maybe her family too. Men do not have that luxury of being someone's RESPONSIBILITY.

I remember when my bro was job hunting and became depressed. That was when he started Bet9ja sef grin. I turned motivational speaker that period, that is aside ensuring he doesn't look JOBLESS. I knew he was happy I had a job, but seeing me kinda reminded him he could/should do better.

I always tell people, run your own race. Social media is make-believe. Everyone is fresh on Instagram and FB. They only show you what they want you to see! So, don't go looking at them and feeling you are a failure. You will only slide into depression, next stage is suicide- if you don't speak!

Some people are latebloomers. If you haven't hammered now, there is still tomorrow. Last last, everyone won't be rich.

Above all, surround yourself with people that understand your struggles. Engage in anything legal, no matter now little. Daily association with people has a way of refreshing us. So, being a hermit isn't the way out...that is when those little demons put ideas in your head.

...If you see a legal way to leave this shithole- move and do not remember the way that leads home.
Sometimes your brain dey work, impressive. Your atonement is almost complete
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2019
pocohantas:

Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by Orjioorji(f): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2019
Dont be surprise to hear he was among those shouting change and next level,after election they abandon him.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by Aladdin1(m): 1:25am On Oct 15, 2019
I dont blame him.his country failed him.may his soul rest in peace.i can relate with and imagine what he went through.nigeria is a mess.
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by Okite15(m): 7:59am On Oct 19, 2019
pocohantas:

I love you for this write up!
Re: Young Man Commits Suicide Due To Unemployment by greatbrian(m): 11:43am On Oct 19, 2019
No one has the right to judge you since they can't take a walk in your shoes to totally understand what went through your mind.

Rip man.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet 'Talk & Do's Building Burnt Down By Angry Youths. Reason Will Shock You! / Jealous Husband Seals Wife’s Vagina With Super Glue In Kitui / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.