Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination (1398 Views)

Nigerian Ambassador To South Africa Hosts Super Eagles Team At His House. Pics / This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Lampard, Gerard And The England Midfield (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by 12large1: 3:39am On Nov 08, 2010
now that siasia is hired we already know that this guy knows all our midfield players so am asking you guys to put your favorite 3 from the following

mikel obi
obiora nwankwo
haruna lukman
rabiu ibrahim
joel obi chukwuma
emmanuel ekpo
sani keita
oluwa ajilore

the only reason i put keita is because siasia likes him nothing else the guy is not nigeria class. today siasia said that chelsea killed mikel career talking about how mikel was an attacking midfilder in 2005 i hope he dosen't play to use mikel as an attacking midfilder because that would be the begining of problem. joel obi was very impressive for inter milan on saturday against bresia the guy is a good central attacking midfilder. my 3 on current form would be

mikel haruna

ibrahim

nwankwo was poor against totenham but he still has a good future
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by 12large1: 3:40am On Nov 08, 2010
i forgot to add okoro but he is more of a winger
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by semid4lyfe(m): 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2010
Same old thread with another title. . .I tire for you o embarassed

When will you get it into your thick skull that what looks good on paper may not necessarily work on the pitch. . .also unless Lukman Haruna has overcome his stamina problem and stopped falling like a felled tree, he ain't good enough to play for Nigeria.

Rabiu Ibrahim should also forget about the Super Eagles until he gets himself a club and starts playing even if an Div 2.
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by mensdept: 11:01pm On Nov 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Same old thread with another title. . .sighs! When will you get it into your thick skull that what looks good on paper may not necessarily work on the pitch.

I tire for you o. embarassed

LOL. Keita was even listed. Just imagine
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by semid4lyfe(m): 11:22pm On Nov 08, 2010
mens dept:

LOL. Keita was even listed. Just imagine

Hey, don't even go there at all. . . .Kaita is actually our best Defensive Midfielder. You think se na yam for Siasia to have picked him as his best player of the Holland 2005 team? undecided

What happened in the match against Greece was just a rush of blood to the head and it could have happened to any one. Notable players have had such moments too. . .Zidane in the final of the 2006 world cup (against Italy), David Beckham against Argentina in 1998 world cup etc etc
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by mensdept: 11:29pm On Nov 08, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Hey, don't even go there at all. . . .Kaita is actually our best Defensive Midfielder. You think se na yam for Siasia to have picked him as his best player of the Holland 2005 team? undecided

What happened in the match against Greece was just a rush of blood to the head and it could have happened to any one. Notable players have had such moments too. . .Zidane in the final of the 2006 world cup (against Italy), David Beckham against Argentina in 1998 world cup etc etc

Mr. Man, let me be the first to kindly tell you that Kaita/Keita is not even on the same level as his Malian counterpart Seydou Keita, not to talk of those you mentioned above (Beckham, ZZ, etc).

In 2005, we had a Mikel Obi, who today, does not play the same way, ditto for Keita.

There's nothing spectacular about his play, and frankly, if he's recalled fine, if not, better.
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by semid4lyfe(m): 11:48pm On Nov 08, 2010
mens dept:

Mr. Man, let me be the first to kindly tell you that Kaita/Keita is not even on the same level as his Malian counterpart Seydou Keita, not to talk of those you mentioned above (Beckham, ZZ, etc).

In 2005, we had a Mikel Obi, who today, does not play the same way, ditto for Keita.

There's nothing spectacular about his play, and frankly, if he's recalled fine, if not, better.

Clearly, you've got issues with comprehension and interpretation. It'd be a waste of time engaging you. . .BYE!
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by 1025: 4:53pm On Nov 09, 2010
now that siasia is hired we already know that this guy knows all our midfield players so am asking you guys to put your favorite 3 from the following

mikel obi
obiora nwankwo
haruna lukman
rabiu ibrahim
joel obi chukwuma
emmanuel ekpo
sani keita
oluwa ajilore

the only reason i put keita is because siasia likes him nothing else the guy is not nigeria class. today siasia said that chelsea killed mikel career talking about how mikel was an attacking midfilder in 2005 i hope he dosen't play to use mikel as an attacking midfilder because that would be the begining of problem. joel obi was very impressive for inter milan on saturday against bresia the guy is a good central attacking midfilder. my 3 on current form would be

mikel haruna

ibrahim

nwankwo was poor against totenham but he still has a good future

@12 large123 - 100,
u always want to be in the news. u go as far as reapeting ur thread topics and that is a very big shame.

the last time i saw u praise a player was before the world cup in sa and that happened to be haruna lukman. i tried telling u facts abt haruna and after the world cup, u have decided not to front him as the world best player. what am saying is whenever u say a player is good, it turns out to be the oposite.
my prayer is that u stop seeing joel obi as a good player so that he will not be as good as ur haruna.
u always tell us here that mikel is full of sidepasses and backward passes, how come u always include him in every selection u make?
how do u include those u think have good futures in ur lists? since when has having good future qualify teams and players in competitions?
MUST U DISCUSS FOOTBALL? ARE U SURE THIS IS UR BEST?
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by mensdept: 1:42am On Nov 10, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Clearly, you've got issues with comprehension and interpretation. It'd be a waste of time engaging you. . .BYE!

How so? Don't get upset when the "points" you are trying to make doesn't make sense
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by BrOwnSuga3: 2:07am On Nov 10, 2010
haruna lukman or lukman haruna

that guy cannot play for SE, he is not up to that level, before the SA world cup, you guys compared him with Mikel, but after the world cup everyone saw that that guy cant play for the SE, he is not matured enough, includin him in the SE is a disaster, haruna is not good enough, besides we have other good midfielders and haruna is not one of them
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by 12large1: 5:12am On Nov 10, 2010
haruna is still better than mikel he was average in world cup but he can be excused for that because thats his first real big games but at least i know he can perform move forward shoot, score goals worldcup was just 2 games while mikel has played 4 seasons and all he does is sidepass
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by 12large1: 4:39pm On Feb 16, 2011
happy for one of my boys jo obi the next should be r.ibrahim
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by Nobody: 1:35pm On Feb 17, 2011
Is somebody still talking about Rabiu Ibrahim? If he is that good, he would have made a name since joining Sporting Lisbon. He couldn't make SL team, later loaned to an unknown club in one backwater league. If that kind of player makes Nigeria's senior NT, then we are in trouble.

mikel obi
obiora nwankwo
haruna lukman
rabiu ibrahim
joel obi chukwuma
emmanuel ekpo
sani keita
oluwa ajilore
It's a pity this is what Nigeria can come up with, no world class midfielder of JJ or Oliseh's ilk again.
Anyway, given what we have, our best remains any three of Kalu Uche, Mikel Obi, Haruna Lukmon and Joel Obi, depending on formation.
Re: Put Your Favorite Super Eagles Midfield Combination by semid4lyfe(m): 2:42pm On Feb 17, 2011
I tire for Rabiu Ibrahim o undecided

Shey na must sey im must to play for Europe? He should come back home and join a club instead of wasting away in Europe clubless.

(1) (Reply)

Top Ten Highest Paid Coaches In World Football / Goal Moment That Cost Nigeria The World Cup - Nigeria V Germany / Sunday Mba-the Unsung Hero

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.