Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Holy Communion: Is It Compulsory Or Optional? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Holy Communion: Is It Compulsory Or Optional? (326 Views)

Anglican Church Refuses Man Holy Communion Because Of His Beard. Photo / I Was Prevented From Receiving Holy Communion In Anglican Church Over Card / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Holy Communion: Is It Compulsory Or Optional? by JerryJJZ(m): 12:14pm On Oct 14, 2019
Good day my people.
I have been having a salient battle with my Pastors for years now. I havnt for once participated in this Holy Communion of a thing and they think am a kind of sinner or that I have a secret thing. I mean, they believe my refusal to take this Communion is geared towards my lack of spirituality or havnt completely given my life to Christ. And am being threatened with "Disciplinary Action" every now and then.
FYI: Am a very active person in the church with lots of assignment and positions.

In my own humble opinion (I stand to be corrected though), I think Holy Communion shouldnt be forced on anyone. I should be a voluntary and intentional decision to partake in it. I feel bad seeing people of all norms coming out to partake and I weep inside because they have no idea of the spiritual significance of this Communion, and they feel more like catching fun and I know for certain, most people taking it are doing it our of "hypocrisy" - to appear blameless and upright to others and not an urge from within and this get me very worried. Also, I understand from my former church that Communion is a sacred practice and must be handled with absolute care and full knowledge of what's being done to avoid bagging punishment for ignorance.

I know there are intellect and learned people here, please, I use this medium to solicit for insight on this Holy Communion.
Is it compulsory for all Believers?
Are there consequences when its not practiced?
Is it a criteria to making heaven?
At what point can one be permitted to partake in the sacred practice?

Pls help calm my curiosity.

Re: Holy Communion: Is It Compulsory Or Optional? by OtemAtum: 12:24pm On Oct 14, 2019
Well, the christian book said that you should check your life so that you don't take it unworthily. It's a christian ritual, same as the traditionalists have theirs. So if you as a worker continually doesn't take it, it calls for concern for the elders of the church.

However, all these things are useless. Lord's supper, water baptism, holy ghost baptism, etc. in this age of Aquarius when Science has become the tool endorsed by the higher beings for universal exploit and exploration. Be it known to you that currently all the beings who wanted religion as a massive tool for human direction are encaged and it shall be for a period of 1000 years. Currently as I speak, Yahweh aka Jehovah, Allah, Moloch, Enlil, Mazda and thousands of early beings are held in a spiritual cage for the renewal of the minds of future human beings. Peace.

cc: Maximus69

(1) (Reply)

Watch Out For Multiple Accounts They Use For Wicked Deception / Bible Scholars - Are You Aware Of These Contents? / Argentine Priest Accused Of Child Sexual Abuse Commits Suicide!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.