Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,513 members, 7,816,239 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo (7590 Views)

Bianca Ojukwu To Become APGA Leader / Awolowo Asked Ojukwu To Be Open And Forthright . But Ojukwu Was Trying To Do Wuru Wuru Backroom Deals / Ojukwu To Be Buried In American Gold Casket –bianca (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Nobody: 4:24am On Nov 08, 2010
I guess Awo made him write this letter as well, stating clearly what his intentions were for Yorubaland.

Please enjoy, from the most devious Emperor Yorubaland never had.

LETTER FROM LT.COL. OJUKWU TO LT. COL.BANJO
22nd AUGUST 1967

Republic of Biafra Enugu,

22nd August, 1967.

My dear Victor,

1. For some time now, you and I have been discussing the circumstances that have led to the current and inevitable disintegration of what was the Federation of Nigeria. We have been fully convinced that the aim of the Hausa/Fulani complex has ever been, and will ever remain, the total domination of every other part of what was known as the Federation of Nigeria. It is impossible to forget that the crisis which led to the army take over in January 1966, the coup of the Northern soldiers led by Gowon in July 1966, the wholesale and indiscriminate massacre of the people of what is now Biafra- and, to a less degree, the people of the Mid-West and West, including the Yorubas, were all the direct result of Hausa/Fulani attempt to subjugate and use as tools, the gallant people of Western Nigeria namely the Yorubas. We do not need to remind ourselves of the heavy losses in life and property suffered by the Yoruba people in their fight for justice and freedom during 1965.

2. Sharing.our belief that the people of Yorubaland have a right to live a life of equality and self-respect and justice free of domination and dictatorship from any quarter, you have both identified with the cause of the Biafra struggle for survival and expressed your determination to see the people of Yorubaland freed from Hausa/Fulani domination.

We, the people of Biafra, for our part are willing and have decided to give you and the people of Yorubaland every assistance to achieve your aim.

[b]3. After clearing the whole question with my Executive Council, I, as the Commander in Chief of the Biafran Armed Forces, have decided to place at your disposal Biafran forces, for the liberation of

Yorubaland on the following clear conditions:-

(i) You will have nothing to do with the Military Administrator in the Mid-West Territory during your sojourn there prior to your move to the West.

(ii) The willingness and preparedness of Biafra to assist any part of the former Federation of Nigeria wishing and willing to liberate itself from the Hausa/Fulani domination, does not in anyway whatever

imply any inclination on her part to compromise her sovereignty or preserve what remains of the defunct Federation of Nigeria. In other words, our sovereignty and break with Nigeria is irrevocable. Nothing must, therefore be said or done by you or any member of the Liberation Army to give a contrary impression.

(iii) Biafra is determined to maintain and safeguard her sovereignty and ensure that her integrity and safety are never again threatened.

(iv) Biafran troops will, after the liberation of the Yorubaland, remain in that territory only for as long as we in Biafra consider it necessary for the Yorubas to consolidate their position and sovereignty against any external threat.

(v) On the liberation of the Yorubaland, you will be appointed as the Military Governor of that territory.

(vi) The liberation of Western Nigeria will be a prelude to the liberation of all Yorubas up to the River Niger and the severance of all connections between the West and the North at Jebba.

(vii) During the period of Biafrans troops’ presence in your territory, all political measures, statements or decrees shall be subject to the approval, in writing by myself or on my authority.

(viii) Should our troops arrive and liberate Lagos, the government of the Republic of Biafra reserves the right to appoint a Military administrator for the territory. Such an Administrator will remain in office until a merger of that territory with Yorubaland is effected by Biafran troops.

(ix) As soon as possible after your appointment as the Military Governor of Western Nigeria and separation of that territory from Nigeria, you and I must meet to discuss:

(a) the duration of stay of Biafran troops in your territory;

(b) the areas and subjects of cooperation between the liberated sovereign states of Western Nigeria, or by what name it may call itself, and Biafra.

4. I do not need to remind you that Biafra regards all Yoruba as friends. As such everything should be done, to ensure the minimum force and loss of life are involved in achieving the objective of liberation.

5. It is essential, in order to avoid misunderstanding or confusion, that all subsequent requests for support be formally made to me by you in writing.

6. Will you please signify in writing, your acceptance of the above conditions so that you may leave for Western Nigeria and lead the army of liberation. [/b]

Yours very sincerely,

signed  Lt. Col. Odumegwu Ojukwu,

Military Governor and Commander in Chief of Biafran Armed Forces.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 4:28am On Nov 08, 2010
i have also read this letter but for some unknown reasons, some igbos don't take it serious undecided
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by EzeUche0(m): 4:29am On Nov 08, 2010
The liberation of Yorubaland. See you Yorubas would have had your Oduduwa Nation you always wanted. Too late now.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 4:31am On Nov 08, 2010
EzeUche0:

The liberation of Yorubaland. See you Yorubas would have had your Oduduwa Nation you always wanted. Too late now.

pls re-read it (completely)!!! thank you
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Nobody: 4:34am On Nov 08, 2010
EzeUche0:

Yeah right! And Biafran soldiers would have remained in Yorubaland indefinitely, thereby substituting norther domination with Biafran colonization!!

There are no Biafran soldiers in Yorubaland and you are claiming Lagos already!!

2 Likes

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by chyz(m): 4:39am On Nov 08, 2010
Aigbofa:

Yeah right! And Biafran soldiers would have remained in Yorubaland indefinitety, thereby substituting norther domination with Biafran colonization!!

There are no Biafran soldiers in Yorubaland and you are claiming Lagos already!!

Lagos is yorubaland no doubt. The only people "claiming" lagos is other yorubas form ogun, oyo,ondo,osun,etc. Yall swear up and down that you are from lagos. Would you leave if the aworis told you to get the hell out of their land?

1 Like

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 4:42am On Nov 08, 2010
chyz:

Lagos is yorubaland no doubt. The only people "claiming" lagos is other yorubas form ogun, oyo,ondo,osun,etc. Yall swear up and down that you are from lagos. Would you leave if the aworis told you to get the hell out of their land?

very good question but tewmuch is awori and he said its yoruba land (but he is just an individual, so it does not mean what you said is not possible)
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Abagworo(m): 4:43am On Nov 08, 2010
If Ojukwu actually wrote this,he is a Prophet.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Nobody: 4:44am On Nov 08, 2010
Abagworo:

Yes. A prophet of doom.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 4:47am On Nov 08, 2010
Abagworo:

what do you mean
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Nobody: 4:49am On Nov 08, 2010
The only thing I find funny about the letter is the address. The republic of Biafra, Enugu!!

Looks like the republic was already reduced to Enugu!!
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Abagworo(m): 5:09am On Nov 08, 2010
jason12345:

what do you mean

Ain't Yorubas clamoring for Odua republic now?
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by EzeUche0(m): 5:11am On Nov 08, 2010
Abagworo:

I was wondering the same thing. They could have had it in the 60s, but they decided to go against that dream. Foolishness of the highest order.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 5:14am On Nov 08, 2010
Abagworo:

pls, do not mistake the yorubas in diaspora with the yoruba leaders in nigeria.

ojukwu invaded a land (sw) without the permission of the people occupying that land. so, no, he is not a prophet. he would have annex yorubaland to biafra. pls read the letter again and be honest. would you allow the yoruba army to "liberate" you?
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 5:15am On Nov 08, 2010
EzeUche0:

I was wondering the same thing. They could have had it in the 60s, but they decided to go against that dream. Foolishness of the highest order.

the yorubas in diaspora are the ones clamoring for odua nation
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by dayokanu(m): 5:16am On Nov 08, 2010
If Yoruba needed liberation we dont need a 33yr old spoilt rich kid to liberate us and flee to Cote d Ivore after the ordeal

1 Like

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by EzeUche0(m): 5:22am On Nov 08, 2010
Are they not the same Yorubas who complain about the "Northern Oligarchy?" Who want the south to unite to defeat the North?

Remember the Yoruba need the Igbo in order to throw off the yoke of the North. And frankly, no Igbo would want to work with the Yoruba.

You all dug your own grave, not lay in it.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 5:24am On Nov 08, 2010
EzeUche0:

Are they not the same Yorubas who complain about the "Northern Oligarchy?" Who want the south to unite to defeat the North?

Remember the Yoruba need the Igbo in order to throw off the yoke of the North. And frankly, no Igbo would want to work with the Yoruba.

You all dug your own grave, not lay in it.

i said the south should unite only,not defeat the north. do you think i want war to happen?
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by EzeUche0(m): 5:25am On Nov 08, 2010
jason12345:

i said the south should unite only,not defeat the north. do you think i want war to happen?

There can never be southern unity. Haven't you realized that? Betrayal runs deep. We Igbos will continue to say no to any deal with the Yoruba. Sorry, but you all burned that bridge. And without the Igbo, you cannot get the Eastern vote.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 5:30am On Nov 08, 2010
EzeUche0:

There can never be southern unity. Haven't you realized that? Betrayal runs deep. We Igbos will continue to say no to any deal with the Yoruba. Sorry, but you all burned that bridge. And without the Igbo, you cannot get the Eastern vote.

we burnt the bridge by preventive an invasion on our land and possible atrocities on yorubas . if that's the case, i am done begging for southern unity (with you but not with my other igbo brothers). your insensitivity on what might have happened to the yorubas is wrong.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by dayokanu(m): 5:40am On Nov 08, 2010
Grand betrayal is a terrible thing.

Invading yorubaland during your war was a terrible act of betrayal.

Thankfully, Awolowo knew wars are fought on the table thinking and not on the battlefield

Zik probably knew this too but Youthful Chukwuemeka thought if you are more muscular then you should win
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 5:44am On Nov 08, 2010
dayokanu:

Grand betrayal is a terrible thing.

Invading yorubaland during your war was a terrible act of betrayal.

Thankfully, Awolowo knew wars are fought on the table thinking and not on the battlefield

Zik probably knew this too but Youthful Chukwuemeka thought if you are more muscular then you should win
gbam!!
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by EzeUche0(m): 5:48am On Nov 08, 2010
jason12345:

we burnt the bridge by preventive an invasion on our land and possible atrocities on yorubas . if that's the case, i am done begging for southern unity (with you but not with my other igbo brothers). your insensitivity on what might have happened to the yorubas is wrong.

Your insesitivity to what Awolowo did to the people of the East is equally appalling. The Yoruba did not lose much lives due to Ojukwu's so called "invasion," which was led by a Yoruba man.

We lost millions of lives due to Awolowo's policies. The war did not kill Biafran, it was starvation! angry

2 Likes

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by dayokanu(m): 5:54am On Nov 08, 2010
WHy should Ojukwu's army even contemplate coming to Yorubaland to fight in the first place?

Do you think wars are kill one person, I kill one person?

How many people were killed in 9-11 compared to numbers killed in Afghanistan and Iraq since 2002?

1 Like

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by jason12345: 5:58am On Nov 08, 2010
EzeUche0:

Your insesitivity to what Awolowo did to the people of the East is equally appalling. The Yoruba did not lose much lives due to Ojukwu's so called "invasion," which was led by a Yoruba man.

We lost millions of lives due to Awolowo's policies. The war did not kill Biafran, it was starvation! angry

i'm not insensitive. ojukwu should not have invaded. the moment he invaded, civilians would have been killed. the west did not have an army, he had to bite back harder. war is ugly!
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 08, 2010
dayokanu:

If Yoruba needed liberation we dont need a[b] 33yr old spoilt rich kid to liberate us and flee to Cote d Ivore after the ordeal
[/b]
Dressed in skirt and blouse like a liitle bytch !

2 Likes

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by DEEHASAL(m): 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2011
EzeUche0:

Kwashiokor was created from starvation.
I recently met an old Delta-Igboman in Frankfurt Airport on his way to canada, we both had 3 hours to kill before the flight and as such we talked about Civil War.
he was a teenager during the war who previously worked for some white colonial masters.On their departure before the war,he was given a camera as present.
He took many pictures of his immediate family and dead bodies.
The man showed me some of those pictures and the abdurdity of it all still chokes me till today.
Small children with big potruding stomach with flies all around them.
Awwwwww
He explained the pains of witnessing the gang-rape of his eldest sister by Biafran troops

1 Like

Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Desola(f): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
I smile when this letter is posted and I frankly think that it should either be made a sticky or be re-posted at intervals to remind the westerners and mid westerners of the evil that is called the ibos. It is clear from the message of this letter that Oju iku had nothing else in mind but domination and I rejoice at the fact that it was a Yoruba man who put him in his place and sent him scampering to Ivory Coast.

Yorubas must never forget the evil that is ibo and for the remainder of Nigeria's existence, desist in voting anything ibo. Moreso, we should strive to get these thorns in our flesh back to their ramshackles and free Yorubaland of impending doom which they are planning to unleash.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by ak47mann(m): 1:00pm On Nov 20, 2011
Yoruba's are cor-words look they will never accept it,always find igbos threatening, look as Nigeria stands now they lose more in the union than any group.

awolowo quickly use biafran money for free education in the west but still their so call paddy paddy wanted to jail him for second time which lead to him committing suicide now tell me is that life?no wonder IBB treated them unfairly politically cos he have seen that they are just cor-word simple.
nothing will happen.
look at the situation in the north little wonder that they lost a lot the same people they always suck up to,and still they get the worst treatment from them.

Chief Toye Ogunsuyi, President of the Yoruba Community in Plateau State, has declared that the race lost 156 lives and property worth N2.5 billion to the ethno-religious crisis in Jos, the state capital, between 2008 and last January, many yoruba including offsprings, youth corps members and students, as well mothers and children were killed, " --- Nigerian Tribune Newspapers. Saturday February 27, 2010.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by ak47mann(m): 1:04pm On Nov 20, 2011
My question now is who is their ally really? they should forget north cos is not happening is all lips service,the only time they kind of stick together is when it comes to working against eastern region,apart from that Hausa just use them.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by ak47mann(m): 1:10pm On Nov 20, 2011
another one

News Headline: Ethno-religious Crisis: OPC Advocates Secession. Written by Olalekan Olabulo. "The Yoruba socio-cultural organisation, the Oodua People's Congress (OPC) has called for the secession of the Yoruba race from Nigeria, following the unabated killings of the Yoruba in northern Nigeria." ---- Nigerian Tribune Newspapers. Thursday February 4, 2010.
Re: Letter From Lt.col. Ojukwu To Lt. Col.banjo by Desola(f): 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2011
ak47mann:

Yoruba's are carwords look they will never accept it,always find igbos threatening, look as Nigeria stands now they lose more in the union than any group.

awolowo quickly use biafran money for free education in the west but still their so call paddy paddy wanted to jail him for second time which lead to him committing suicide now tell me is that life?no wonder IBB treated them unfairly politically cos he have seen that they are just carword simple.
nothing will happen.
look at the situation in the north little wonder that they lost a lot the same people they always suck up to,and still they get the worst treatment from them.

Chief Toye Ogunsuyi, President of the Yoruba Community in Plateau State, has declared that the race lost 156 lives and property worth N2.5 billion to the ethno-religious crisis in Jos, the state capital, between 2008 and last January, many yoruba including offsprings, youth corps members and students, as well mothers and children were killed, " --- Nigerian Tribune Newspapers. Saturday February 27, 2010.

Don't be silly! What is representation in the centre when it is only for money sharing between politicians. Your sons and daughters are occupying significant positions now so tell me how that has directly translated to development in your region?

On a personal note, the marginalisation of Yoruba thieves at the centre is a very welcomed development as it allows the government in Yorubaland(ACN) to look inwardly and galvanize for regional co-operation. Leave talk, despite our shadowy representation at the top, aren't we working in our region? That really is what matters. Governance that directly relates to the existence of the people and not just a mere chest beating exercise that we are represented in looting which would not be apportioned to us. Your mentality shows the mind of an average ibo man, it's all about "see me na me dey hia" with absolute zilch!

Lastly, may I advise you to abandon your futile effort at stroking the flames of emotional blackmail to gain validation or support for your hatred of the north. You lot are just getting pathetic by the second. If you feel that the north is marginalising you, take up arms and fight them, afterall you have done so and lost gallantly in the past so you at least have practical experience. Do it again, there is a shortage of 'sharwama'.

Like I say always, yes, some northerners are barbarians but their barbaric nature is mostly due to ignorance and subjugation by their elites. That leaves little to be said about half educated ibos who still carry the spirit of hatred and doom toward the west. As far as i'm concerned, in Nigeria of today; ibos are the enemies.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Many Police Commissioners We Have In Lagos? / How Femi Fani-kayode Slept With His Mother – Ex Wife Revealed / Rochas Reported Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.