Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,811 members, 7,820,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka (339 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Climbed Mast To Protest Against Buhari Lands In Serious Trouble / Wole Soyinka: Obasanjo Knelt Down For Atiku In 2003 / Gumsu Abacha Slams Wole Soyinka: Your Hate For My Father Shall Kill You, Mad Cow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka by collinsDeji(m): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nobel laureate Professor Wole Soyinka on Sunday, October 13, said Nigeria's education system is in serious trouble.

Professor Soyinka stated this at the University of Lagos (UNILAG), after a programme held as part of activities to mark the 90th anniversary of the Government College, Ibadan, The Cable reports.

According to the renowned writer he said: “We are in serious trouble, education-wise in this country. Let me not kid you; it’s horrifying.

“That was why I was happy about the initiative of creating a model school and trying to resurrect this Government College and present it as the ideal. We are really very low, education-wise.

“I have learnt how much they (old students association) have done in the last few days and I am very proud of their work. I just hope the government leaves them alone; don’t interfere with them. Let them bring back to everybody’s mind the possibility of what education can be.”

https://thickmatch.com/nigerias-education-system-serious-trouble-wole-soyinka/

Re: Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka by collinsDeji(m): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
Lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka by collinsDeji(m): 12:46pm On Oct 14, 2019
collinsDeji:
Nobel laureate Professor Wole Soyinka on Sunday, October 13, said Nigeria's education system is in serious trouble.

Professor Soyinka stated this at the University of Lagos (UNILAG), after a programme held as part of activities to mark the 90th anniversary of the Government College, Ibadan, The Cable reports.

According to the renowned writer he said: “We are in serious trouble, education-wise in this country. Let me not kid you; it’s horrifying.

“That was why I was happy about the initiative of creating a model school and trying to resurrect this Government College and present it as the ideal. We are really very low, education-wise.

“I have learnt how much they (old students association) have done in the last few days and I am very proud of their work. I just hope the government leaves them alone; don’t interfere with them. Let them bring back to everybody’s mind the possibility of what education can be.”

https://thickmatch.com/nigerias-education-system-serious-trouble-wole-soyinka/
Re: Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka by Zamanee1: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2019
Na today?
Re: Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2019
Nigerian Education System is totally in shambles

I don't have the urge to School in any of these Useless Schools at all
Re: Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka by Commentor: 1:11pm On Oct 14, 2019
It is evident by the contributions one gets on this forum.
Re: Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka by NwaNimo1(m): 1:15pm On Oct 14, 2019
Its collapsed...
Re: Nigeria's Education System Is In Serious Trouble - Wole Soyinka by achikolo(f): 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2019
[s]
Commentor:
It is evident by the contributions one gets on this forum.
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

It's Shocking To Hear That Governors Are Negotiating With Bandits ~bode George / Opposition Political Parties Fire Back At Supreme Court, Make Fresh Allegations / Hypocrisy Of Buhari On Senate Request For 10bn Kogi Refund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.