Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,781 members, 7,837,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:28 AM

S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! (761 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu To Remain In ThePrison As FG Seeks To Transfer Case To Another Court / Verdict According To Nigeria Mainstream Media Houses / Pdp Govs Shout Down Nwodo At Nec Meeting ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by wales(m): 6:12am On Nov 08, 2010
National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, has said that the South-West must remain in the mainstream politics of Nigeria.

Nwodo, who said this in Iresi, Osun State, stated that the zone had much to gain by remaining in the mainstream politics and in the PDP.

The PDP chairman and his wife, Dorothy, were on Saturday conferred with the traditional titles of Bobare and Yeye Bobare, respectively, of Iresi Kingdom.

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Mr. Ike Abonyi, Nwodo described the Action Congress of Nigeria as the winner of the 2007 gubernatorial election in Ekiti state as a temporary set-back.

He urged the PDP members to present popular candidates to ensure victory for the party in 2011 and beyond.

According to Nwodo, the South West, like every other zone is very strategic to the party and every effort must be put in by all to sustain it.

The chairman said that the party would reclaim Ekiti in subsequent elections.

Nwodo urged party members in the zone to unite and sustain the true position of the party in the region.

He warned that “only harmony and spirit of accommodation in the party can help them realise the dream and aspiration of numerous party members.”

The chairman advised the PDP leaders to play an inclusive- politics and give members sense of belonging.

During the occasion, the statue of President Goodluck Jonathan who did his National Youth Service in the town in 1981 was unveiled.

The community erected the carved statue of the then youthful President wearing his National Youth Service uniforms.

Nwodo commended the National Youth Service Corps for making it possible for the President and the community to meet. The communityhad adopted President Jonathan as their child.

The ceremony, which was also marked as Iresi Day, was witnessed by many dignitaries led by the Osun State Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola; his deputy, Erelu Obada; representative of President Jonathan, who is also the Minister of state for FCT, Navy Capt Caleb Omoniyi Olubolade ; and South -West party officials among others.

But in a swift reaction, the National Publicity Secretary of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said the PDP had left the South-West worse than it found it.

“The question we should ask them is, ‘What has South-West gained from the PDP government? What has happened to Lagos—Ibadan Road, Lagos-Abeokuta Road, Ogbomosho-Ilorin Road?” he asked.

Mohammed said that except for building Nigerian National Petroluem Corporation mega stations, the PDP government had not impacted positively on the zone.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010110814114837
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by wales(m): 6:13am On Nov 08, 2010
I had found time to analyse all the aspirants to the office of the president and found out that it is only Buhari that can save Nigeria from the grip of these vampires called PDP members. Jonathern is a good man no doubt but he had already started compromising even before election, so it is better to choose Buhari who has no political God father or mother
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by Nobody: 6:48am On Nov 08, 2010
wales:

National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, has said that the South-West must remain in the mainstream politics of Nigeria.

Nwodo, who said this in Iresi, Osun State, stated that the zone had much to gain by remaining in the mainstream politics and in the PDP.

The PDP chairman and his wife, Dorothy, were on Saturday conferred with the traditional titles of Bobare and Yeye Bobare, respectively, of Iresi Kingdom.

In a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Mr. Ike Abonyi, Nwodo described the Action Congress of Nigeria as the winner of the 2007 gubernatorial election in Ekiti state as a temporary set-back.

[s]He urged the PDP members to present popular candidates to ensure victory for the party in 2011 and beyond.
[/s]

According to Nwodo, the South West, like every other zone is very strategic to the party and every effort must be put in by all to sustain it.

The chairman said that the party would reclaim Ekiti in subsequent elections.

Nwodo urged party members in the zone to unite and sustain the true position of the party in the region.

He warned that “only harmony and spirit of accommodation in the party can help them realise the dream and aspiration of numerous party members.”

The chairman advised the PDP leaders to play an inclusive- politics and give members sense of belonging.

During the occasion, the statue of President Goodluck Jonathan who did his National Youth Service in the town in 1981 was unveiled.

The community erected the carved statue of the then youthful President wearing his National Youth Service uniforms.

Nwodo commended the National Youth Service Corps for making it possible for the President and the community to meet. The communityhad adopted President Jonathan as their child.

The ceremony, which was also marked as Iresi Day, was witnessed by many dignitaries led by the Osun State Governor Olagunsoye Oyinlola; his deputy, Erelu Obada; representative of President Jonathan, who is also the Minister of state for FCT, Navy Capt Caleb Omoniyi Olubolade ; and South -West party officials among others.

But in a swift reaction, the National Publicity Secretary of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, said[b] the PDP had left the South-West worse than it found it.

“The question we should ask them is, ‘What has South-West gained from the PDP government? What has happened to Lagos—Ibadan Road, Lagos-Abeokuta Road, Ogbomosho-Ilorin Road?” he asked.

Mohammed said that except for building Nigerian National Petroluem Corporation mega stations, the PDP government had not impacted positively on the zone.
[/b]

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010110814114837
All these pdp people dey craze.so they are more concern about presenting a popular candidate that will win election even if such has nothing to offer ? Bunch of sicktard !
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by DapoBear(m): 6:56am On Nov 08, 2010
wales:

I had found time to analyse all the aspirants to the office of the president and found out that it is only Buhari that can save Nigeria from the grip of these vampires called PDP members. Jonathern is a good man no doubt but he had already started compromising even before election, so it is better to choose Buhari who has no political God father or mother

Any of us Yoruba foolish enough to vote for a Fulani warlord like Buhari deserve the devastation they will get. The Fulani man is not our brother or friend.

Voting for Fulani is voting for a day 1000 years from now when the Yoruba are known as the Yoruba-Fulani.

Sorry to be explicit about it, but we gotta keep it real.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by excanny: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2010
DapoBear:

Any of us Yoruba foolish enough to vote for a Fulani warlord like Buhari deserve the devastation they will get. The Fulani man is not our brother or friend.

Voting for Fulani is voting for a day 1000 years from now when the Yoruba are known as the Yoruba-Fulani.

Very honest comment.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by hercules07: 9:30am On Nov 08, 2010
@Dapo

I disagree with you, what we need to do is vote for solid people at the local level (State and Local Government elections) and form alliances at the Federal level, I do not care if Nigeria is ruled by a Fulani, as long as my corner of the country has access to funds for development.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by olafolarin(m): 10:33am On Nov 08, 2010
Nwodo is just being used probably to subvert the wishes of the Osun People.
Oyinlola knew without doubt that he didnt win the 2007 elections and as such is
using Nwodo to seek GEJ's assistance in pre-empting the decision of the Appeal Court.
It is a desperate attempt by oyinlola and his co-travellers to retain at all cost their stolen mandate.
The same stupid Nwodo who promised to declare Civil war if June 12 election results is declared.
The same election thats the freeest in the history of Nigeria.

PDP has been a great disappointment to the entire SouthWest and the region now know better.
SW is very progressive that will never allow the likes of akala,Oyinloola and Segun Oni to rule any state
but for OBJ's politics of do or die.
SW will return to its progressive page in 2011 with ACN as the vehicle.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by excanny: 10:55am On Nov 08, 2010
^^ grin grin

wishful thinking.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by Gbawe: 11:13am On Nov 08, 2010
DapoBear:

Speak for yourself. Intelligent Yoruba folks who have kept up to date with political event , and are capable of pragmatic analysis, will know that there are other candidates to fear far more than Buhari. When our nation has been on the brink of implosion in[b] recent times[/b] please tell me who stood up to be counted , if not Buhari,  out of those who now want to lead Nigeria . Some , eg Saraki , were even stoking the fire of chaos threatening to consume Nigeria and you are here positing that Buhari is our greatest nightmare ?

Nobody , and I mean nobody, out of our current Presidential aspirants has behaved like a true democrat and a sagacious Statesman more than Buhari in recent memory . If we really want a brave leader who is resolute, a true democrat and a principled leader willing to sincerely fight corruption then Buhari , from his actions in the past years, has to be one of the best choices for Nigeria.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by Gbawe: 11:46am On Nov 08, 2010
hercules07:

@Dapo

I disagree with you, what we need to do is vote for solid people at the local level (State and Local Government elections) and form alliances at the Federal level, I do not care if Nigeria is ruled by a Fulani, as long as my corner of the country has access to funds for development.

Indeed. If Nigerians are politically sophisticated and we actually see what needs to be seen, to enable wise decision making ,we will admit , without a doubt , that Buhari's behaviour , as an opposition Politician, has been textbook exemplary if we compare it to what obtains in highly democratic nations.

We should then look at the behaviour of Atiku , IBB and others when they were not part of the Government of the day to note that they are very poor choices in comparison to Buhari. Atiku was busy running up and down like a cheap prostitute and dining with all manners of devils in his desire to become President . What manner of President will such an unprincipled man make ? How about IBB? When the cabal hijacked the Presidency lately did we hear even a whisper from this man when Nigeria needed our sagacious statesmen to speak and mobilise Nigerians? Saraki , meanwhile , was busy doing everything to ensure that power was not handed over to Jonathan !!!! Buhari was one of the first Nigerian leader to demand publicly and unequivocally that Jonathan be sworn in as Acting President without delay !!!

Buhari's own chances to become President will be highly strenghtened if Jonathan does not run . Others are in the same position and are trying to make Jonathan pull out by all means necessary. Buhari and Ribadu , to the best of my knowledge, are the only Northern Presidential candidates to state publicly that Jonathan has the right to contest for the Presidency. This is a display of true integrity rare in Nigeria. Not many Nigerian politicians will do/say the right thing if that means their own ambition is threatened . All we see are politicians , including Jonathan, doing undemocratic "do-or-die" things designed to help them win unfairly at all cost while Buhari is happy to democratically test his electoral popularity against anyone fairly . There are more examples showing how Buhari acted like a statesman and democrat when he could have been parochial, cynical and self-serving like virtually all others have done . Buhari is , without doubt , one of the best choices for President as per the leader Nigerian needs right now.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by DapoBear(m): 11:57am On Nov 08, 2010
If Nigeria were truly a federal republic, then I would have no problem with him as a choice. But in reality, Nigeria is more like electing an absolute king for 4 years at a time. Buhari is a principled man, yes. But that does not mean he has the same goals and aspirations for Nigeria as I do.

It is not only crooks and political pr0stitutes that are our enemies. There are plenty of highly principled people who want a MORE centralized Nigerian state, with even less power at the local level. Some want the government to retake control of certain institutions it has privatized. This is a fundamental philosophical disagreement I have with Buhari about the direction Nigeria should go.

Even if the Yoruba leadership all universally endorsed him, I probably would not support him. He simply has a different vision of the future than I do, it is really as simple as that.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by naso2(m): 12:02pm On Nov 08, 2010
Gbawe:

Indeed. If Nigerians are politically sophisticated and we actually see what needs to be seen, to enable wise decision making ,we will admit , without a doubt , that Buhari's behaviour , [b]as an opposition Politician, has been textbook exemplary if we compare it to what obtains in highly democratic nations. [/b]

We should then look at the behaviour of Atiku , IBB and others when they were not part of the Government of the day to note that they are very poor choices in comparison to Buhari. Atiku was busy running up and down like a cheap love-peddler and dining with all manners of devils in his desire to become President . What manner of President will such an unprincipled man make ? How about IBB? When the cabal hijacked the Presidency lately did we hear even a whisper from this man when Nigeria needed our sagacious statesmen to speak and mobilise Nigerians? Saraki , meanwhile , was busy doing everything to ensure that power was not handed over to Jonathan !!!! Buhari was one of the first Nigerian leader to demand publicly and unequivocally that Jonathan be sworn in as Acting President without delay !!!

Buhari's own chances to become President will be highly strenghtened if Jonathan does not run . Others are in the same position and are trying to make Jonathan pull out by all means necessary. Buhari and Ribadu , to the best of my knowledge, are the only Northern Presidential candidates to state publicly that Jonathan has the right to contest for the Presidency. This is a display of true integrity rare in Nigeria. Not many Nigerian politicians will do/say the right thing if that means their own ambition is threatened . All we see are politicians , including Jonathan, doing undemocratic "do-or-die" things designed to help them win unfairly at all cost while Buhari is happy to democratically test his electoral popularity against anyone fairly . There are more examples showing how Buhari acted like a statesman and democrat when he could have been parochial, cynical and self-serving like virtually all others have done . Buhari is , without doubt , one of the best choices for President as per the leader Nigerian needs right now.

hmmmmmmmm. like una mentor tinubu na sense, sense , you don dey dump ribadu your ideal candidate, dey move go buhari side tongue who say democracy, no be crase man work? tongue :
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by Gbawe: 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2010
na_so:

hmmmmmmmm. like una mentor tinubu na sense, sense , you don dey dump ribadu your ideal candidate, dey move go buhari side tongue who say democracy, no be crase man work? tongue :

Ribadu remains my choice. Buhari is second. Even in the ACN nothing has changed as far as I know . The Party continues to state that it wants a young , dynamic candidate who is a break from the past and acceptable to all Nigerians. I would think that appears to be more Ribadu. We are not all like Jonathan's fans who lack integrity. It is only GEJ fans who will claim to respect an individual and then begin to attack his person because he now stands against Jonathan. Everyone , no matter how decent , is open game for GEJ fans.

I respect Buhari enduringly even if he stands in the way of Ribadu. Folks with integrity stand up for what/who they believe in 24/7. I joined this thread to balance out the negative things written about Buhari that I felt was unfair . Writing in defence of Buhari does not then mean that I now support him ahead of Ribadu. If it were Donald Duke my response would be similar i.e I would defend a man I respect. it does not then mean I have switched allegiance.  You should understand that some of us don't have the siege mentality and mudslinging thinking of GEJ fans . I am not limited to only speaking well about the candidate I support while denigrating everyone else.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by DapoBear(m): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2010
Explain to me what Buhari's policies are. Does he seek a truly federal state? To me he seeks the opposite. Correct me if I am wrong, and enlighten me on his policies. What are his attitudes towards Sharia in the North? Education? The status of Nigeria as an OIC state? Women's rights? Healthcare? The rights of the Delta people to have more control over their oil? Property rights? Settler versus Indigene? Jos?
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by naso2(m): 1:18pm On Nov 08, 2010
Gbawe:

Ribadu remains my choice. Buhari is second. Even in the ACN nothing has changed as far as I know . The Party continues to state that it wants a young , dynamic candidate who is a break from the past and acceptable to all Nigerians. I would think that appears to be more Ribadu. We are not all like Jonathan's fans who lack integrity. It is only GEJ fans who will claim to respect an individual and then begin to attack his person because he now stands against Jonathan. Everyone , no matter how decent , is open game for GEJ fans.

I respect Buhari enduringly even if he stands in the way of Ribadu. Folks with integrity stand up for what/who they believe in 24/7. I joined this thread to balance out the negative things written about Buhari that I felt was unfair . Writing in defence of Buhari does not then mean that I now support him ahead of Ribadu. If it were Donald Duke my response would be similar i.e I would defend a man I respect. it does not then mean I have switched allegiance. You should understand that some of us don't have the siege mentality and mudslinging thinking of GEJ fans . I am not limited to only speaking well about the candidate I support while denigrating everyone else.

you of all people? lipsrsealed to you anything against GEJ is fair, na you dey preach toi people? grin grin. Abeg save your sermon.

Point one single post you have made where you feel GEJ was unfairly maligned and you stood up to correct it. If one reads only your posts here, it will be very easy to conclude that GEJ is the last son of lucifer himself. na you dey talk about fairness?
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by Gbawe: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2010
na_so:

you of all people? lipsrsealed to you anything against GEJ is fair, na you dey preach toi people? grin grin. Abeg save your sermon.

Point one single post you have made where you feel GEJ was unfairly maligned and you stood up to correct it. If one reads only your posts here, it will be very easy to conclude that GEJ is the last son of lucifer himself.  na you dey talk about fairness?

What on earth are you talking about ? you are all over the place and travelling in a different tangent . I have never put you down as one with a comprehension deficit but I may need to rethink that opinion. Why should I stand up for Jonathan if he is unfairly maligned when I make it clear that I am defending Buhari because I respect him as a Nigerian leader even if he is not my choice candidate?

I don't respect jonathan at all and that should be clear to you. As such I am not obligated to speak in his defense. You should do that for him. My point is that I am not like the fans of GEJ who will claim to like/respect Ribadu/Buhari/Duke only to then become their vicious critic the moment they now take on Jonathan. I have never claimed to like nor respect Jonathan . That makes me consistent. In keeping with that it is obvious I am saying that I Respected Buhari yesterday and I will respect him still tomorrow unless he does something to make me revise my opinion. I see Jonathan as weak, compromised , unprincipled and a tool for the most corrupt in Nigeria. His ambition, IMO, is easily one of the most dangerous for Nigeria at this delicate stage in our history when we cannot afford a Yar Adua type gamble. I really don't see how you can expect me to speak in defence of a leader I think represents the potentials to make Nigeria far worse than it is.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by naso2(m): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2010
^^^^^^^^^

somehow you confimed my earlier position. but dis thing never reach insult level na.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by Gbawe: 4:08pm On Nov 08, 2010
na_so:

^^^^^^^^^

somehow you confimed my earlier position. but dis thing never reach insult level na.

No insult intended . I was just miffed that you did not understand what I meant to the extent you seem to accuse me of hypocrisy and double-standards. I admit I have nothing good to say about GEJ but I make no apologies for failing to speak in favour of a man who I am convinced , through his actions and history , will take Nigeria backward. It is the same way, and for the same considerations,  I won't be found defending IBB or Atiku.

On the other hand , and unlike Jonathan fans, I will not claim to respect a political leader yesterday only to then denigrate their character today because they are political opponents of my favoured candidate. At least you can testify to the fact that I have never supported GEJ so I cannot  be accused of double standards meanwhile we know of too many fans of GEJ who are too happy to sully the names of leaders they claimed to respect immensely in the past because those leaders now take on Jonathan at the polls.
Re: S’west Must Remain In Nigeria’s Mainstream Politics – Nwodo ! by seanet02: 4:13pm On Nov 08, 2010
This Nwofool is really not serious, who the hell does this paralyzed dick**** thinks he is?
South west will be liberated from Poverty development Party, Fayemi in Ekiti, Remilekun Bakare In Ogun, Aregbesola in Osun, Mimiko joins or he is shipped out. Fashola in control in Lagos, Oshiomole on top at Edo, Omo Agege in Delta, Gambari Kwara. We will gain Kogi also. Action Congress on Top.

(1) (Reply)

Police Mobile Force, Most Bastardised — Ringim / Q U I Z: 101 - Where Was Gej When Our Country Was Bombed ? / This Is How To Fund Your Campaign To Become 9ja's President!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.