Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,960 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Motherboard Issue - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Motherboard Issue (662 Views)

2017 Macbook 12 Inch With Motherboard Issue For Sale / URGENTLY In Need Of Gigabyte Motherboard Power IC / Price Of Motherboard Of Dell E6430 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Motherboard Issue by Aremson14(m): 8:22pm On Oct 14, 2019
Hello house, my uncle who stays in United states sent me a Hp 15 series laptop core i3. Clocked at 1.3 ghz
I know the system was released some time in 2011(so it's quite old) . After a year of use the system suddenly went off and didn't even boot into Bios. I took it to an engr in rivers state and he said d system was refurbished and d motherboard would cost me around 30k to fix it only for him to call and said to get the one with core i3 back it would b around 38k. My question is that isn't it better to get a new system and sell o this one or is it better to still buy the motherboard knowing fully well the system is refurbished. Please comp expert ur advise needed.
What is the probability another issue won't come up in future
Re: Motherboard Issue by lekjons(m): 8:49pm On Oct 14, 2019
You can get a used hp 15 for around 50k..

Go get another system..

You can sell the damaged one as scrap, you should be able to make up to 20k from it depending on the hard drive and ram size.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Operate Your PC Fast With Windows 10 Shortcut Keys 2019 / Openwrt Or Ddwrt , I Need A Professional Advise On Captive Portal / Window 10 And Slow Connection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.