Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,814 members, 7,862,698 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 12:04 AM

Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring (309 Views)

What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men? / Alhaji Yakubu Nasfi Wedding To Underage Girl In Niger State. Photos & Reactions / Couple’s Wedding Turned Into Funeral After Both Die Hours Before Wedding. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring by Kiddo01(m): 6:38am On Oct 15, 2019
He basically stated that he was getting married tomorrow so he didn’t have enough money for a wedding ring that he wanted to buy and he needed to pay for the wedding venue…

A Texas man has been arrested after his fiancée saw a social media post of him robbing a bank the day before his wedding so he could pay for the ring and the venue of his ceremony.

Heath Edward Bumpous from Crockett, Texas was charged with aggravated robbery and booked into the Trinity County Jail for allegedly approaching a bank teller at Citizens State Bank in Groveton, Texas, informing them that he had a weapon and then demanding money which he was then subsequently given, according to ABC’s affiliate station in Tyler, Texas KLTV.

“He basically stated that he was getting married tomorrow so he didn’t have enough money for a wedding ring that he wanted to buy and he needed to pay for the wedding venue,” Sheriff Woody Wallace said.

After receiving news of the robbery, Wallace immediately posted pictures of the suspect on the Trinity County Sherriff’s Facebook page in hopes that the public would be able to provide tips that would lead to the capture of the suspect.

It was then that Bumpous’ fiancée saw the Facebook post and recognized him.

“His fiancée, who he was supposed to marry tomorrow, was able to get in touch with him on the phone when she saw our post on Facebook. She knew it was him. She contacted him and asked him if he robbed a bank … she convinced him that she knew it was him. His picture was all on Facebook. He needed to turn himself in,” said Wallace in a video posted to his Facebook page.

Bumpous took his fiancée’s advice to heart and decided to turn himself into the Houston County Courthouse and confessed to his crimes.

Wallace says that most of the money was recovered along with clothes that he threw out of the window of his vehicle during his escape and the gun that he had concealed with him as well.

“He is now in custody. He has been charged with aggravated robbery. The district attorney has accepted the charges. It will go to a grand jury and he will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law,” said Sherriff Wallace.

Culled from abc.go.com

Re: Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring by Niyi9002(m): 6:42am On Oct 15, 2019
shocked Don't marry if you don't have money for it! Lazy youth in a land of opportunities!
Re: Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring by SALTandFIRE: 6:48am On Oct 15, 2019
Any thing for love
Anything thing for love of my life
I go die for
I go bust bank for you
I go bust bank for you
I wann try for you
Even if naa one night for two
I wann stand for you
Even if naa all night for you
I'll be that man for you baby
Re: Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring by sweetonugbu: 6:54am On Oct 15, 2019
Another one
Re: Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring by khallebb(m): 7:07am On Oct 15, 2019
SALTandFIRE:
Any thing for love
Anything thing for love of my life
I go die for
I go bust bank for you
I go bust bank for you
I wann try for you
Even if naa one night for two
I wann stand for you
Even if naa all night for you
I'll be that man for you baby
Verse 2:
I go sleep for jail when Dem catch me
Even if na 20 years
I'll be that prisoner for your freedom
Re: Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring by Omojudy: 7:13am On Oct 15, 2019
What a story. This is what happens when people try to present themselves other than who they really are!
Re: Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 15, 2019
Cut ur coat according to ur cloth
Re: Man Robs Bank A Day Before Wedding To Pay For Venue/hall, Ring by SALTandFIRE: 9:19am On Oct 15, 2019
khallebb:

Verse 2:
I go sleep for jail when Dem catch me
Even if na 20 years
I'll be that prisoner for your freedom
I like your sense of humor... cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Amazon Fire 7 Tablet - 7" Display - 16GB / I 'sells' My Husband For N6,000 (ksh 1700) To Buy Clothes For My Children / Video Of Late Reverend Sister Henrietta Alokha Who Died In Abule Ado Explosion P

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.