Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,526 members, 7,826,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" (4895 Views)

Leaked Audio: I Will Leave Peter Obi Alone - Reno Omokri Says, Reveals Why / Sunday Igboho Is A Hero – Reno Omokri Says As Yoruba Nation Rally Holds In Lagos / Gwagwalada Hospital Ventilator Moved To Aso Rock - Reno Omokri Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Tmania: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2019
Reno Omokri, former assistant to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, responded to a statement by Nobel Prize winner Prof Wole Soyinka that Nigeria’s education system is dead.

Soyinka on Sunday at the University of Lagos, Akoka, during the presentation of a play, ‘Folly of Men said education in Nigeria is horrific, adding that the country is in trouble.

We are in serious trouble, education wise in this country. Let me not kid you; it’s horrifying.

That was why I was happy about the initiative of creating a model school and trying to resurrect this Government College and present it as the ideal. We are really very low, education wise,” Soyinka lamented.

Omokri, reacting blamed Soyinka for the poor state of education in Nigeria.

The former presidential spokesman said Soyinka is part of the trouble in education and responsible for the present condition after he asked Nigerians to reject Goodluck Jonathan.

Omokri on his Twitter page wrote: “Wole Soyinka says Nigerian education is in trouble. Soyinka is part of the trouble.

He asked the Nigerians to denounce Goodluck Jonathan, who had budgeted 424 billion for education, for General Buhari, who had budgeted just 48 billion. What did he expect from the owner of Affidavit.

Read more here; >>>>>>>>>>>>>https://maniagist.com/2019/10/15/wole-soyinka-is-the-reason-for-poor-education-in-nigeria-omokri-says/

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Tmania: 11:39am On Oct 15, 2019
cry
Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Jasen1(m): 11:44am On Oct 15, 2019
Its not all.about budgeting oh
Its about utilising it

He has a point though

The way Nigeria is now, if oyibo people bring ship to start shipping people to US for slave trade, people will be struggling to enter. Some go come with their own chain to avoid stories like chain have finish, stay back in Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by clefstone(m): 12:15pm On Oct 15, 2019
Reno is right. N48bn budgeted for education. What a shame. The likes of Soyinka should bury their heads in shame until Buhari leaves power

13 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by seunmsg(m): 12:16pm On Oct 15, 2019
The usual senseless reaction from Reno. There is no difference between the state of education under Jonathan and what it is right now under Buhari. The so called N424billion education budget under Jonathan had no impact because it was stolen by PDP rogues like Reno.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 15, 2019
Soyinka is a tribal bigot, we all know, a man who brought cultism to Nigerian schools because of tribalism

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by seunmsg(m): 1:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Isinweke:
Soyinka is a tribal bigot, we all know, a man who brought cultism to Nigerian schools because of tribalism

So, a Yoruba man supporting a Fulani man against an Ijaw man is now tribal bigotry?

You supported Atiku, a Fulani man in the last election, are you also a tribal bigot?

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Bede2u(m): 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
seunmsg:

So, a Yoruba man supporting a Fulani man against an Ijaw man is now tribal bigotry?

You supported Atiku, a Fulani man in the last election, are you also a tribal bigot?
some ijaws would read this and still think Igbos are their problems. Lmao

7 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Bede2u(m): 2:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
seunmsg:
The usual senseless reaction from Reno. There is no difference between the state of education under Jonathan and what it is right now under Buhari. The so called N424billion education budget under Jonathan had no impact because it was stolen by PDP rogues like Reno.
I went back to unn in 2014 and I couldn't believe my eyes curtsey of GEJ

And not just unn...most federal universities can attest to that

3 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by JonDon12: 2:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
Tell them Reno. Buhari was rejected 5 times because we knew he was a useless leader. 5 times and then suddenly he becomes the heartthrob of the Yoruba and the hausa solely because of tribalism

6 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by fergie001: 2:54pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jasen1:
Its about utilising it

He has a point though

The way Nigeria is now, if oyibo people bring ship to start shipping people to US for slave trade, people will be struggling to enter. Some go come with their own chain to avoid stories like chain have finish, stay back in Nigeria
Atiku, Jasen don mad finishhhhhhhh grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by gaetano: 2:55pm On Oct 15, 2019
For 2020, Nigerias budget for education is N48 billion. South africa is budgeting N6.28 trillion (R262B). If you divide SA education budget among 36 states+FCT, each will get N170B. Next year, Nigeia will have one of the lowest education budget in Africa. Y'all said you wanted change and next level, there you go, enjoy it.

5 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by etrouble: 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
This is how Chronic Madness starts. MAD 301: Introduction to Chronic Madness.

The lost of two consecutive elections back to back has made several miscreants like Reno Omo-Kirikiri to develop psychiatric disorders and mental imbalance.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Jasen1(m): 3:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
fergie001:

Atiku, Jasen don mad finishhhhhhhh grin grin

Hahahah bro if I see the ship na me go first enter

1 Like

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by RussianKGB: 3:01pm On Oct 15, 2019
How can a man who forges his certificates and swears false affidavits in court take education seriously?

Am guessing the N48billion was a mistake. Original budget was probably N4.8billion.

So far as it isn't RUGA, it's not worth investing by buhari.

4 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by fergie001: 3:10pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jasen1:

Hahahah bro if I see the ship na me go first enter
You are not patriotic at allllllll.....
Defend your country.
Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by etrouble: 3:12pm On Oct 15, 2019
RussianKGB:
How can a man who forges his certificates and swears false affidavits in court take education seriously?

Am guessing the N48billion was a mistake. Original budget was probably N4.8billion.

So far as it isn't RUGA, it's not worth investing by buhari.

I understand your predicament. Take Sniper Humanicide, it kills all crawling, flying, walking and wailing miscreants.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by RussianKGB: 3:45pm On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
etrouble:

I understand your predicament. Take Sniper Humanicide, it kills all crawling, flying, walking and wailing miscreants.
[/s]

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Pigsandidiots: 3:56pm On Oct 15, 2019
[s]
Tmania:
Reno Omokri, former assistant to ex-president Goodluck Jonathan, responded to a statement by Nobel Prize winner Prof Wole Soyinka that Nigeria’s education system is dead.

Soyinka on Sunday at the University of Lagos, Akoka, during the presentation of a play, ‘Folly of Men said education in Nigeria is horrific, adding that the country is in trouble.

We are in serious trouble, education wise in this country. Let me not kid you; it’s horrifying.

That was why I was happy about the initiative of creating a model school and trying to resurrect this Government College and present it as the ideal. We are really very low, education wise,” Soyinka lamented.

Omokri, reacting blamed Soyinka for the poor state of education in Nigeria.

The former presidential spokesman said Soyinka is part of the trouble in education and responsible for the present condition after he asked Nigerians to reject Goodluck Jonathan.

Omokri on his Twitter page wrote: “Wole Soyinka says Nigerian education is in trouble. Soyinka is part of the trouble.

He asked the Nigerians to denounce Goodluck Jonathan, who had budgeted 424 billion for education, for General Buhari, who had budgeted just 48 billion. What did he expect from the owner of Affidavit.

Read more here; >>>>>>>>>>>>>https://maniagist.com/2019/10/15/wole-soyinka-is-the-reason-for-poor-education-in-nigeria-omokri-says/
[/s]Ode man, was education in good shape during Jonathan era. Now I believe what people have been saying. That this guy is foolish.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Pigsandidiots: 3:58pm On Oct 15, 2019
Isinweke:
A tribal bigot that went to prison cos of osu ingrates right. Why did ojukwu ran away?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Pigsandidiots: 3:59pm On Oct 15, 2019
Bede2u:
some ijaws would read this and still think Igbos are their problems. Lmao
See tatic from hose slave. Just to get their sympathy. Spit

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Orjioorji(f): 4:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
seunmsg:
you have no shame and truth in you, the new universities not to talk about the numerous almajiri schools built all over the north. Hatred kills, yoruba Muslims self.

2 Likes

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by DMerciful(m): 4:09pm On Oct 15, 2019
Why will he budget more than 48billion when affidavit cost #2000?
Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by YorubaKing: 4:31pm On Oct 15, 2019
But wait... Who the fvck is dis Reno Fool? Wasn't he part of the Jonathan admin that wrecked this nation? He ran away enjoying his loot and still running his stinky mouth. angry

Na Thunder go fire him and him family, I swear! angry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Difrent: 4:46pm On Oct 15, 2019
gaetano:
For 2020, Nigerias budget for education is N48 billion. South africa is budgeting N6.28 trillion (R262B). If you divide SA education budget among 36 states+FCT, each will get N170B. Next year, Nigeia will have one of the lowest education budget in Africa. Y'all said you wanted change and next level, there you go, enjoy it.

How much is our total budget that you are comparing our education budget with that of south Africa, that's wicked of you.
Haba
When South Africas education budget is 2/3 of our Total budget,are we going to spend that much on education alone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by gaetano: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2019
Difrent:

How much is our total budget that you are comparing our education budget with that of south Africa, that's wicked of you.
Haba
When South Africas education budget is 2/3 of our Total budget,are we going to spend that much on education alone?
I was only trying to show you how much SA values education and how much they invest in it.
Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 15, 2019
There suppose to be a state of emergency declared in the education sector,government low budget for the sector is not helping matter
Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by DSoj(m): 4:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
The 400bil would have been looted under Jonathan

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by efembaba(m): 5:39pm On Oct 15, 2019
Jasen1:
Its about utilising it

He has a point though

Re: Wole Soyinka Is The Reason For Poor Education In Nigeria "Reno Omokri Says" by ProudDick: 6:50pm On Oct 15, 2019
Bede2u:
I went back to unn in 2014 and I couldn't believe my eyes curtsey of GEJ

And not just unn...most federal universities can attest to that

The longest strike in Nigerian university history happened under gej. Some of you think everyone has amnesia.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos: Massive Crowd At Protests In Paris / Final Statistics Shows Obi Of Labour Party Won Presidential Election With Figmen / Ministerial List: Over 80 Per Cent Nominees Fail Integrity Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.