Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars (24498 Views)

Big Brother Naija Craze: Why Nigerian Youths Are Too Young To Run - Osayimwen / Download Nigeria Latest Movies- | Top Sites To Download Latest Nigerian Movies / Revenge Of Shina Rambo Season 6 - 2017 Latest Nigerian Movies African Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by IgbuduMonkey: 12:33pm On Oct 15, 2019
I have noticed a phenomenon over the years of Nigerian movie directors using big mansions and cars in their productions. It's okay if it helps the plot, but most times, the storyline would be perfectly depicted using a more relatable average Nigerian house and car. In American movies, you hardly see them portray superlative riches unless it's relevant to the plot.

Has any other person noticed this or it's just me?

216 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Teddiie(f): 7:17am On Oct 16, 2019
I have noticed too... it's in nollywood movies that you'll see a poor man who can barely feed living in a big house

170 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by edoairways: 9:16pm On Oct 16, 2019
IgbuduMonkey:
I have noticed a phenomenon over the years of Nigerian movie directors using big mansions and cars in their productions. It's okay if it helps the plot, but most times, the storyline would be perfectly depicted using a more relatable average Nigerian house and car. In American movies, you hardly see them portray superlative riches unless it's relevant to the plot.
Africans should stop using the west as a yardstick.

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by edoairways: 9:19pm On Oct 16, 2019
Africans should stop using the west as a yardstick. Most of their movies are fake.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by cupidhero(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2019
IgbuduMonkey:
These movies are usually tailored for folks staying in face me i face you compounds.They create false hopes to lure their gullible fans into buying their products. They give them a glimpse of what life is like for the rich and powerful. With the level of poverty and illiteracy in Nigeria they will always have a loyal fanbase of misinformed viewers who have no idea of how much a bank manager earns or how much money you need to have to actually live the type of life portrayed in these movies . How do you expect me to see a movie which non of the actors or directors can play in their own homes. They make these movies for those who are less educated and less traveled than them and go back home and watch something directed by Steven Spielberg or any good foreign movie showing their dream locations or movies that deal with a subject matter they can relate with. To deceive Nigerians is as simple as ABC so i don't even expect them to understand the point i'm trying to make.

206 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by iCauseTrouble: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2022
That is why everybody wants to be a yahoo boy

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by visijo(m): 10:11am On Feb 01, 2022
Girls be fine for 364 days and willingly put on excessive makeup to look like God forbid on their birthdays.

��‍♂️��‍♂️��‍♂️

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Kollins11: 10:11am On Feb 01, 2022
Only in nollywood movies....A prince would want to marry a blind house maid.

188 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by LikeAking: 10:12am On Feb 01, 2022
Op y e dey pain u?
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 10:12am On Feb 01, 2022
Mind your damn business cool

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by dust144(m): 10:12am On Feb 01, 2022
Yes oo, living a billboard life.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Tingotoe: 10:12am On Feb 01, 2022
This is most likely one of the indirect causes of the rampant yahoo and rituals for money by our misguided youth. A lot of Nigerian youth are lazy and have little common sense. They can't see behind the facade of the superficial lifestyles being portrayed by the actors in those movies, failing to realize that those mansions and fancy cars cannot even be afforded by the actors themselves. The directors of those movies are smart however, giving their audience exactly what they want. Ditto Nigerian music industry

32 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Nbotee(m): 10:13am On Feb 01, 2022
It is only in Nigerian movies U leave d village for the City and U automatically make it big... Every King is stupendously Rich with mansions and maids..

92 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by gracealonev: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2022
Hmmn
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by FERNANDEZISBACK: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2022
That's not an excuse tho..
Do you see anything wrong with that..? undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Bobloco: 10:13am On Feb 01, 2022
It's only in Nigerian movies you will see jobless people living in big mansions and riding big cars.

Many of us while starting life, stayed in face me,I slap you buildings, gradually we moved to self-contained or one bedroom apartment depending on your capacity. But in Nigerian movies there are no simple lifestyles

It's only in Nigerian movies that a prince must fall in love with one of the maidens while his parents (the King and Queen) will insist he marry a wayward princess of a king from another kingdom

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by kudinkarfe: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Nollywood should change their kind of movies and act simple lifestyle movies. They have change the mentality of my people, everybody wants to be rich at all cost. Many youth die prematurely because they want to be like Jim Iyke in movie. Many girls become olosho because they want to be like our actresses. The future is pregnant. Let's ask Mummy G.O. what will become of them that mislead the young ones.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Lattop1(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Nollywood Is part of Nigerian Youths Problem

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by BleedTears: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Teddiie:
I have noticed too... it's in nollywood movies that you'll see a poor man who can barely feed living in a big house
I think it depends on the one you watch, I've seen all those mini lekki houses in their movie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Goahead(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
The censorship board is toothless.

Movies and musics ought to be vetted for public consumptions.

Movies/songs that glorify scams, fraudsters and money rituals shouldn't make it to public - why hasn't this being implemented for goodness sake sad

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by frankson1(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
IgbuduMonkey:

Nope! I dunno what you're talking about because I don't get to watch too many Nigerian movies. I only like watching Edochie junior's ritual movies.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Satuhggg: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Naughtysex: 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Believe it or not, Nollywood contributed to the belief that money can only be made through ritual or crime.

The industry has gone to the dust

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by meritadavize1(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Trash everywhere
Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by benqo01(m): 10:14am On Feb 01, 2022
Op what do you expect these Nollywood keeps on dishing out trash everyday,storyline isn't something to even write about rubbish

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by elujah1(m): 10:15am On Feb 01, 2022
This year anything is possible by Gods grace, where we have been forgotten, we will be remembered, 2019 post remembered today, We will be remembered for good.
The movies are tailored towards a particular audience (that's what makes them make sales), giving hope to the poor that they can make it, same way Bollywood gives false hope about love and perfect relationships.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by DeltaOil: 10:15am On Feb 01, 2022
My problem with Nigerian films is this craze with, the only way to wealth is by harvesting peoples skulls for money rituals

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Olam09(m): 10:15am On Feb 01, 2022
Hmm..i dey think say na only me dey notice this. Na wetin mo wan make me dey write Nollywood script be that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Poopypants: 10:15am On Feb 01, 2022
cupidhero:

These movies are usually tailored for folks staying in face me i face you compounds.They create false hopes to lure their gullible fans into buying their products. They give them a glimpse of what life is like for the rich and powerful. With the level of poverty and illiteracy in Nigeria they will always have a loyal fanbase of misinformed viewers who have no idea of how much a bank manager earns or how much money you need to have to actually live the type of life portrayed in these movies . How do you expect me to see a movie which non of the actors or directors can play in their own homes. They make these movies for those who are less educated and less traveled than them and go back home and watch something directed by Steven Spielberg or any good foreign movie showing their dream locations or movies that deal with a subject matter they can relate with. To deceive Nigerians is as simple as ABC so i don't even expect them to understand the point i'm trying to make.
facts

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Movies And Craze For Mansions And Big Cars by Kellie069(m): 10:16am On Feb 01, 2022
So wati u come say make e happen? Eh comrade?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

8 Life Lessons To Learn From Bbnaija 2018 / Finally Out: Download Video Alani Pamolekun Part 3 – Latest Yoruba Movie 2015 / BBNaija: Liquorose Emerges Head Of House (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.