Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. (691 Views)

Call Your Wife To Order, Group Warns Jonathan / Tinubu Warns Jonathan Against Fani-kayode / Don't Contest 2015 Election- Prophet Warns Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. by Gbawe: 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2010
Given what I have seen from Jonathan I am sure he plans to protect corrupt and misruling Governors as long as they help him get what he wan't . Jonathan's ambition is very dangerous for Nigeria because it is generally accepted , locally and internationally, that Nigeria cannot survive another 4 years of the alarming corruption and looting currently being perpetrated mainly by PDP leaders everywhere. The part in bold below should worry all Nigerians and Yoruba people in particular.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/nov/08/national-08-11-2010-005.htm

2011: Lam warns Jonathan over plans to shield corrupt governors
From GBENGA ADESUYI, Ibadan
Monday, November 08, 2010

Former governor of Oyo State ,Alhaji Lam Adesina has warned President Goodluck Jonathan over alleged plans to shield some serving state governors who were implicated in some corruption cases currently before the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).

Adesina who is a chieftain of Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) described President Jonathan’s alleged plans to provide a soft-landing for the governors in a bid to get their supports during the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) ‘s primaries, as unpatriotic and unbecoming of a leader who is claiming to be an apostle of free and fair elections.

In a press statement made available to journalists in Ibadan by the party’s Director of Publicity and Strategy, Wasiu Olatunbosun, Adesina, also alleged that President Jonathan had recently invited the EFCC Chairman, Mrs Farida Waziri, to the Presidential Villa where he allegedly ordered her to stop forthwith, the prosecution of serving corrupt governors while her attention should be focused on former governors who were not well disposed to his ambition to return to Villa in 2011.

He maintained that governors who were desirous of running for a second term in office in 2011 general elections were fully aware of the hurdles against them, should the EFCC make good its threat to stop their ambition. The development made them to solicit the assistance of President Goodluck Jonathan who, in turn promised to discuss the issue with Waziri. The ACN chieftain said the development was capable of truncating the resolve of the Professor Attahiru Jega-led Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to conduct free, fair and acceptable general elections in 2011.

[b]According to him “Apart from the fact that the alleged corrupt governors, mostly drawn from the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), got into office through the back door created by the infamous do-or-die antic of former President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2007. They have manifested total disaster in governance and allowing them to repeat the fraud in 2011 would spell doom for the country and the states they come from in particular.

“A good example is Oyo State where the incumbent, who has numerous substantiated cases of alleged official corruption and looting of public funds hanging on his neck but could not be made to answer for these cases at present owing to the immunity he enjoys as a sitting governor. But the same man is busy creating panic in the state and beyond in his preparation for another term in office.

Speaking further, ,Adesina said “Another dimension recently was when he purchased 1, 000 brand new buses and cars from the government funds to pursue his electioneering campaigns ahead the 2011 elections while daring those who asked questions about the matter to go to hell.

“The governor was quoted to have told some of his party men recently in his home town that EFCC belongs to GEJ and the same Jonathan would benefit from the funds he removes from the state government coffers which would be made to finance his Presidential campaign as well. He reportedly boasted that this would make the President to call the EFCC chairman to order particularly as it concerns people capable of doing the magic for the President.[/b]

He therefore, called on President Jonathan to toe the line of honour by allowing the nation’s constitution deal with corrupt governors, “Our party calls on both Mr. President and the EFCC leadership to toe the line of patriotism and honour by allowing the nation’s constitution deal with culprits this time. Nigeria cannot afford to fail again as the whole world watches this.”
Re: Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. by monkeyleg: 2:06pm On Nov 08, 2010
My Brother let us watch.

We are making the same old mistakes over and over. Now I understand why some people have just giving up, shut thier mouths and just carry on with life.
Re: Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. by Gbawe: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2010
monkeyleg:

My Brother let us watch.

We are making the same old mistakes over and over. Now I understand why some people have just giving up, shut thier mouths and just carry on with life.

My brother , that is why learned Nigerians (eg Wole Soyinka) insist that blind followership is equally responsible , as bad leadership , for the situation Nigeria finds itself in. We know that nothing works in Nigeria because of corruption. We also know that Nigeria is moving backward because we are being led badly by corrupt men and women who have being rigged in as leaders everywhere. These men and women must be voted out in favour of progressive leaders for Nigerian to make badly needed and long overdue progress. One only needs to look at how Jonathan is indulging the disgraceful antics of one of the worst Governors, by far, in Nigeria (Gbenga Daniel) for it to be clear that Nigerians will gain corrupt leaders and ruinous hands as an automatic accompaniment to a GEJ victory.
Re: Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. by aljharem(m): 2:51pm On Nov 08, 2010
Gbawe:

My brother , that is why learned Nigerians (eg Wole Soyinka) insist that blind followership is equally responsible , as bad leadership , for the situation Nigeria finds itself in. We know that nothing works in Nigeria because of corruption.  We also know that Nigeria is moving backward because we are being led badly by corrupt men and women who  have being rigged in as leaders everywhere. These men and women must be voted out in favour of progressive leaders for Nigerian to make badly needed and long overdue progress. One only needs to look at how Jonathan is indulging the disgraceful antics of one of the worst Governors, by far, in Nigeria (Gbenga Daniel) for it to be clear that Nigerians will gain  corrupt leaders and ruinous hands as an automatic accompaniment to a GEJ victory.
gbam

we as nigerians really need to take the bull by the horn

all the presidential aspirant are all corrupt and are thieves even the so call tinubu is a bloody thieve

as i have said earlier, until a revolution is placed in the country, there is not moving forward

ribadu, tinubu, buhari and co are all thieves

the only person i can pass is fashola because he is a thieve but he his doing his job!

jonathan and co, are just doing everything in there power to get into the office

jonathan said before he leaves there would be constant electricity, has he done it, the answer is no

now, where did the money go, the answer is we do not know?

shame, is only God that would help us
Re: Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. by monkeyleg: 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2010
@Gbawe,

You speak well, and his candidly come here several times to challenge this blind followship. We cannot afford to make the mistake of the past, the stakes are too high.

Let me put it this way, I have given up hope of seeing a good Nigeria, that will favour myself and Nigerians in general, but I must keep up the fight for my kids. I cannot be tried for they do not deserve to suffer the way a vast majority of Nigerians have.

The question I keep asking, what is so worng with picking the right people to lead us. Why would Nigerians, rather those who cheat and beat them, and eventually feed the scraps not even fit for dogs.

Wat is so wrong is saying that the President should not have spent so much buying new planes, So much on independence day celebration, on voters registeration, now on the entertainment industry.

Why is it so wrong for us to rightfully critizise the way he spends my money, it is my money and yours, yet we dont have claim to it.
Re: Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. by 1025: 5:18pm On Nov 08, 2010
jonathan does not have the moral standard to say any nigerian is corrupt. who was jonathan before 2007? just a tool used by obasanjo and ribadu to bring alams down. that loyality was what gained the trust of the owner of nigeria(obasanjo) hence he was made a vica president.
from the other side of it, 1000% of nigerians know that jonathan fraudulently gained his occupation into aso rock via the worst election in the history of man as was organised by obasnjo and his naughty professor iwu.
his wife(mrs goodluck) has a pending issue with efcc so on what basis will such man with too much sins judge another?
Re: Lam Warns Jonathan Over Plans To Shield Corrupt Governors. by Gbawe: 11:53am On Nov 09, 2010
1025:

jonathan does not have the moral standard to say any nigerian is corrupt. who was jonathan before 2007? just a tool used by obasanjo and ribadu to bring alams down. that loyality was what gained the trust of the owner of nigeria(obasanjo) hence he was made a vica president.
from the other side of it, 1000% of nigerians know that jonathan fraudulently gained his occupation into aso rock via the worst election in the history of man as was organised by obasnjo and his naughty professor iwu.
his wife(mrs goodluck) has a pending issue with efcc so on what basis will such man with too much sins judge another?

Indeed. Nigerians and amnesia . Now OBJ, Anenih and co are right behind GEJ yet some folks think he will be allowed to do things differently? This is Nigeria . When evil men support and work for you they must have negotiated with you and recieved assurance that their "hard work" will be handsomely rewarded. Nigeria and Nigerians are always the losers of such 'arrangements'. Yar Adua signed on the dotted line with such men and we all living witnesses to what transpired after that .

(1) (Reply)

Court Annuls Uduaghan’s Election / Two Swners Fight Over Igbos / Dora Akunyil Resigns As Information Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.