Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,163 members, 7,821,946 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search (33911 Views)

Ben Enwonwu's "African Dancers" Sold To Bidder At Lagos Auction Event. / Ben Enwonwu's Portrait Of Tutu Sold At Auction For £1,205,000 / Ben Enwonwu’s Missing Painting, Tutu, Found In London Flat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by 9jaRealist: 5:57am On Oct 16, 2019
Celebsnews:
Wawu. Where are pics of the painting?

Don’t know about ‘Christine’ but here’s a pic of ‘Tutu’...
It was displayed in Lagos at the Art X fair at the Civic Center last year.

>

2 Likes

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by VAQAXY: 5:57am On Oct 16, 2019
Anambra born Ben making the black race proud. cool
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:57am On Oct 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

‘Tutu’ by Enwonwu sold for $1.67 million in early-2018...
>
wow
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:58am On Oct 16, 2019
jidemoh:

I guess you are not a follower of Nigerian art, quite a few have been auctioned at great prices at Sotheby's.

You can always google for the information.
No, I'm not really a follower. Glad to hear this our art is going places
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 5:58am On Oct 16, 2019
VAQAXY:
Anambra born Ben making the black race proud. cool
This tribalism is getting old. Are you not tired of it?

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by majamajic(m): 6:00am On Oct 16, 2019
Yemike:
And this made FP with no pics? The mod should just tell us He wanted to promote op's blog.

Nairaland is just like our dear nation Nigeria.
Giving in to Law if diminishing return.

even without pictures , am impressed and I have learnt alot from this topic , even more than BBN topics that have pictures all over it

what u will now do is google about it and learn more about the man and his works

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by Sunky200: 6:00am On Oct 16, 2019
here's the portrait of Princess Adetutu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by VAQAXY: 6:03am On Oct 16, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

This tribalism is getting old. Are you not tired of it?

What's wrong in what I said? Did i insult you or anyone? Why are you unsettled?
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by jeff1607(m): 6:04am On Oct 16, 2019
onunwa21:
I gat many paintings!!!!
Abeg mine no cost, at all
show us please
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by 9jaRealist: 6:06am On Oct 16, 2019
Aderewah:
Lol. Nigerians can't understand or appreciate this. Unless it's tacha, Mercy or mc Galaxy.
2sexycom:
What do you expect from a people with 3rd world living and "7th world education"?

Some of you sound like you ought to get out and get around more... grin

Apart from art being part of our cultural DNA, there are some fantastic galleries and showings in Lagos...
For instance, Art X (the fourth edition of which is coming up in about # weeks) is arguably the pre-eminent art fair in SS Africa.

Nonetheless, even abroad in the so-called First World, Art is not usually for the masses...
To that extent, given the amount of local and native art that pervades the Nigerian public space, you comments are rather ironic.

>

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by majamajic(m): 6:06am On Oct 16, 2019
One of his works , at NEPA HQ marina Lagos

"Songo"

4 Likes

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:11am On Oct 16, 2019
VAQAXY:

What's wrong in what I said? Did i insult you or anyone? Why are you unsettled?
You rushed to announce his state of Origin with "anambra amaka". I'm Igbo but I'm tired of the tribalism on Nairaland.
I apologize if you took it the wrong way
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by VAQAXY: 6:11am On Oct 16, 2019
Authoreety:
Wow!

Ife eji malu onicha erika...

!

Sure brother
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by 9jaRealist: 6:11am On Oct 16, 2019
majamajic:
One of his works , at NEPA HQ marina Lagos

He also did this sculpture (“Anyanwu”) that’s in front of the National Museum in Onikan, Lagos...

>

2 Likes

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by VAQAXY: 6:15am On Oct 16, 2019
The question is why are you unsettled with "ANAMBRA AMAKA"?

If you are tired then get out, because I am not. We didn't come to Nairaland at the same time.

Ben Enweonwu is from Anambra, precisely Onitsha and he is doing the entire black race proud. Deal with it

[s]
PerfectlyPerfect:

You rushed to announce his state of Origin with "anambra amaka". I'm Igbo but I'm tired of the tribalism on Nairaland.
I apologize if you took it the wrong way
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by majamajic(m): 6:15am On Oct 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

He also did the statute in front of the National Museum in Onikan, Lagos...
>

The man too much

Am trying to know who did the Fela artwork at Allen ikeja ' fela salute'

The artist try

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by Jabulany01(m): 6:19am On Oct 16, 2019
Wow... Great, art is life
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by 9jaRealist: 6:20am On Oct 16, 2019
majamajic:
The man too much

Am trying to know who did the Fela artwork at Allen ikeja ' fela salute'

The artist try

Abolore Sobayo did it...
>

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:23am On Oct 16, 2019
VAQAXY:
The question is why are you unsettled with "ANAMBRA AMAKA"?

If you are tired then get out, because I am not. We didn't come to Nairaland at the same time.

Ben Enweonwu is from Anambra, precisely Onitsha and he is doing the entire black race proud. Deal with it

[s][/s]
I'm not settled with Anambra Amaka, I saw the ethnic undertone to your comment and I called you out on it. You could've easily commended his works without adding tribal sentiments but you had to stoop to petty ethnic rivalry. That's very immature. Also, I apologized for not being clearer in my previous post. If you can't accept the apology and move on from this, do the needful and kill yourself.
Stay off my mentions. This is the last time I'm going to reply you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by nagoma(m): 6:29am On Oct 16, 2019
£1.1 Million! It’s too much for this....

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by VAQAXY: 6:30am On Oct 16, 2019
This is madness. It is only inferiority complex that could lead you into bothering about my comment.

Shut up your dirty mouth, you don't have to tell me how to comment with the data I bought with my money. What sort of madness is this?

You should be the one to kill yourself because I never noticed you until you quoted me. Kill yourself because what I said still stands- BEN IS FROM ANAMBRA. Deal with it or kill yourself cheesy

[s]
PerfectlyPerfect:

I'm not settled with Anambra Amaka, I saw the ethnic undertone to your comment and I called you out on it. You could've easily commended his works without adding tribal sentiments but you had to stoop to petty ethnic rivalry. That's very immature. Also, I apologized for not being clearer in my previous post. If you can't accept the apology and move on from this, do the needful and kill yourself.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by majamajic(m): 6:34am On Oct 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

Abolore Sobayo did it... >

e be like say u be artist sef ?

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by AmuDimpka: 6:34am On Oct 16, 2019
Igbo folks..these guys are everywhere from arts to spurts, from entertainment to tech...from business to commerce and they have it all

Congratulations for putting Igbo in map just like Achebe is the father of African literature ...you are the father of African art while Emagwali the father of African technology...all are Igbo

2 Likes

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by Akinowon123(m): 6:37am On Oct 16, 2019
Although the story is educative, but how on earth will you push a story with no picture to Africa number one forum. The mod that pushed this must be given 6 strokes each by 100 nairalanders. Imagine those who does not know any mona Lisa or heard of it before. The platforms has built a name for itself already na.

I mean Seun built this and all you could do is destroy it with your lazy work. Am pissed right now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by 2sexycom(m): 6:42am On Oct 16, 2019
9jaRealist:

Some of you sound like you ought to get out and get around more... grin

Apart from art being part of our cultural DNA, there are some fantastic galleries and showings in Lagos...
For instance, Art X (the fourth edition of which is coming up in about # weeks) is arguably the pre-eminent art fair in SS Africa.

Nonetheless, even abroad in the so-called First World, Art is not usually for the masses...
To that extent, given the amount of local and native art that pervades the Nigerian public space, you comments are rather ironic.

>
I get your point too.

I love art, at least i engaged in it as a kid while growing up...

But the point is people can't understand why anyone would want to pay such huge sum for them.
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by wethebest(m): 6:45am On Oct 16, 2019
Wey d pic?

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by kernel001: 6:47am On Oct 16, 2019
Aderewah:
Lol. Nigerians can't understand or appreciate this. Unless it's tacha, Mercy or mc Galaxy.

Individual difference, everyone will not be a lover of art work or BBN.
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by sonofElElyon: 6:51am On Oct 16, 2019
I wonder! An online picture of it should have been posted!

naijadrivablog:
Where is the sample of the painting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by 2sexycom(m): 6:53am On Oct 16, 2019
PerfectlyPerfect:

You can't blame him. In a country and forum where igbos are often labeled as drug dealers and fraudster at the slightest opportunity and when the news is bad but an Igbo man is called a Nigerian when the news is good.

I saw all the things they called us when Invictus was arrested.

I don't engage in tribal talks and I usually call out people who do like you are trying to do here,which is good.

During the South Africa xenophobic attacks I read people say igbos are the ones causing it cos they are more. But an Igbo man use his plane to lift his countrymen out of trouble zone and stats were taken and it revealed the people that were more than igbos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by 2sexycom(m): 6:55am On Oct 16, 2019
kernel001:

Individual difference, everyone will not be a lover of art work or BBN.
if Education was given the attention it needed, I am sure we will be more serious about what we give priorities to.
Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by kernel001: 7:00am On Oct 16, 2019
2sexycom:
if Education was given the attention it needed, I am sure we will be more serious about what we give priorities to.

Even in America and England, entertainment enjoys more financial support from the populace than education.

1 Like

Re: Ben Enwonwu’s Painting Sold For £1.1m After Google Search by Truthbites: 7:03am On Oct 16, 2019
Very poor reporting..no pics Na wa o..so make i go find d picture for Google?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Amazing Artworks Made With My Android Smartphone / A Thread For Coreldraw Users / African Illustration Of Rihanna, Diddy, Drake, Nicki Minaj,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.