Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,675 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Jumia-generic. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Jumia-generic. (1821 Views)

Generic Vs Branded Image Sensors / Generic / Generic P35 Pro - 6gb Ram Phone Under 31,000 Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jumia-generic. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 15, 2019
Please, I need as much input as I could get. Is 'Generic' the name of a company just as you'd see 'Apple' written on the top of an Apple device or 'Samsung' on that of a Samsung device on Jumia? grin

I explained what I know of generic devices to someone. Even went on to show him the dictionary definition of the word and what it means, but he insisted it's a company.

I would love to show him this thread. Thanks in advance. grin
Re: Jumia-generic. by Epignosis19: 11:04pm On Oct 15, 2019
Generic doesn't have a brand, neither is it a company.

1 Like

Re: Jumia-generic. by ayo527(m): 1:40am On Oct 16, 2019
'Generic' is not the name of a company. It's a term that means a product has no brand name.

2 Likes

Re: Jumia-generic. by natsuDragneel: 3:54am On Oct 16, 2019
Generic basically means "it will end in tears"

9 Likes

Re: Jumia-generic. by yek: 5:25am On Oct 16, 2019
natsuDragneel:
Generic basically means "it will end in tears"
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jumia-generic. by naijasensei: 9:01am On Oct 16, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Please, I need as much input as I could get. Is 'Generic' the name of a company just as you'd see 'Apple' written on the top of an Apple device or 'Samsung' on that of a Samsung device on Jumia? grin

I explained what I know of generic devices to someone. Even went on to show him the dictionary definition of the word and what it means, but he insisted it's a company.

For the person that believes generic is a company, you don't have to do much to convince such a person. If Generic was a company, the following would be true:

1. Generic would be worth more than a trillion dollars, because they have so many products in so many markets.
2. Generic should have a renowned website.
3. Generic should have a massive head office.
4. Generic would be a major sponsor of popular events, since they are a big brand.

I could go on, but I am sure you get my point. With these few points of mine, I hope I have assisted in successfully convincing your friend(or colleague, whatever catches your fancy) that generic(or Generic) is not a company or brand. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Jumia-generic. by Puregold3(f): 10:33am On Oct 16, 2019
I swear, i feel really annoyed each time i see these abominations called generic on jumia..

1 Like

Re: Jumia-generic. by AlomoReloaded: 12:41pm On Oct 16, 2019
Generic means "unbranded".... No company name.... Just a trial product...some people will choose to call it, fake product... Like a friend got a Redmi 5plus, from jumia.... that later started hanging, only for Gmail to recognise the device as "Generic smartphone", when he tried logging into his Gmail after logging in, with a system......
So, generic is like "a counterfeit product".... cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Jumia-generic. by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2019
AlomoReloaded:
Generic means "unbranded".... No company name.... Just a trial product...some people will choose to call it, fake product... Like a friend got a Redmi 5plus, from jumia.... that later started hanging, only for Gmail to recognise the device as "Generic smartphone", when he tried logging into his Gmail after logging in, with a system......
So, generic is like "a counterfeit product".... cool cool cool
What brought the argument is the ignorance of some buyers when they visit Jumia. This one said he bought items including a phone he had to return 'cause it was of substandard and I tried differentiating brands with 'trademarks' and 'generic devices'. This man kept arguing that 'Generic' is a company. Since I've seen a lot of his types who can never admit they lack knowledge in certain areas, I decided to open this thread and hand him the comments so he could learn. wink

1 Like

Re: Jumia-generic. by Nobody: 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
naijasensei:

For the person that believes generic is a company, you don't have to do much to convince such a person. If Generic was a company, the following would be true:

1. Generic would be worth more than a trillion dollars, because they have so many products in so many markets.
2. Generic should have a renowned website.
3. Generic should have a massive head office.
4. Generic would be a major sponsor of popular events, since they are a big brand.

I could go on, but I am sure you get my point. With these few points of mine, I hope I have assisted in successfully convincing your friend(or colleague, whatever catches your fancy) that generic(or Generic) is not a company or brand. Thank you.
Valid questions. cheesy I can't come and argue to this point and kill myself.

1 Like

Re: Jumia-generic. by bamac(m): 11:55am On Oct 17, 2019
GrabHisBalls:

Generic is the name used for unknown or unpopular brands.

I have heard many customers asking for it though. What I do is to advice according because i know if issue arises it will boumce back to me.

I spell all advantages and disadvantages out one by one to save myself of issues. This is one reason people blame Jumia from buying problematic generic termed devices, because they have no knowledge of the device, most times they are cheap, the price attracts many...

Seriously we all need a sales consultant when buying from Jumia, not just anyhow sales consultant, but the one that knows the business well and can fight the battle of his/her customer when issue arises.

Please call/Whatsapp on 08091180137 to order from Jumia now through a reliable and trustworthy Jumia Sales consultant.

(1) (Reply)

How Can I Restore Old Whatsapp Conversation. / Best Ebook Reader Apps For Android You Need To Know. / How Much Are You Willing To Pay For A Brand New LG G7 Thinq?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.