Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice (610 Views)

Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples / Border Closure: Hameed Ali Reveals How Customs Made N9.2bn In Just One Day / Border Closure: Benin, Niger Economies Under Pressure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by maclatunji: 8:04am On Oct 16, 2019
Regardless of arguments for or against the border closure by the government, it makes sense to have a list of quality Nigerian rice without stones and where we can get it from.

So, let's have the list in this format:

1. Brand:
2. Packaging size(s):
3. Location:
4. Price:
5. Dealer's contact where available:

You may also share pictures to convince more people.

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Let's go.
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by helinues: 8:07am On Oct 16, 2019
We are waiting for the list oo

If possible stone free rice only
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by sunnychibs(m): 8:09am On Oct 16, 2019
Ebony gold
Ikwo mass

remains one best rice i've ever eaten.

When you begin to eat Nigerian rice,foreign rice will be shite to you. #fact

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by helinues: 8:09am On Oct 16, 2019
maclatunji:
Regardless of arguments for or against the border closure by the government, it makes sense to have a list of quality Nigerian rice without stones and where we can get it from.

So, let's have the list in this format:

1. Brand:
2. Packaging size(s):
3. Location:
4. Price:
5. Dealer's contact where available:

You may also share pictures to convince more people.

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Let's go.

Abeg remove items 5.. You wan give scammers free largesse opportunity.. For ember months for that matter
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by DaudaAbu(m): 8:12am On Oct 16, 2019
1. Olams (by olams farm frm nassarawa state) eg mama gold, mama africa and mama pride all brands frm olam nigeria
2. Labana rice (Kebbi state.)
Alhamsad rice mill in kano state

https://nigerianfinder.com/best-rice-brands-in-nigeria/

1 Like

Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by Ahmed0336(m): 8:15am On Oct 16, 2019
DaudaAbu:

1. Olams (by olams farm frm nassarawa state)
2. Kebbi state.

You are right. I think it is called mama's pride. Just as you posted olam farms are situated in Nasarawa Kebbi and Kaduna. Price for 50kg was 16k as at two weeks back though, i don't know the current price. It is stone free, polished and tastes good.
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by Skyfornia(m): 8:19am On Oct 16, 2019
Okay...I heard the best currently is Stine rice followed by Coscharis. No stone.
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by DaudaAbu(m): 8:32am On Oct 16, 2019
Its only in the south that there is so much craze about foreign rice probably due to their proximity to the borders.

The north on the other hand has always prefer their local rice. Its cheaper and more nutritious.

The stone comes in during processing, once it is processed right ýou wont even know that its local rice you are eating
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by maclatunji: 1:33pm On Oct 16, 2019
DaudaAbu:
1. Olams (by olams farm frm nassarawa state) eg mama gold, mama africa and mama pride all brands frm olam nigeria
2. Labana rice (Kebbi state.)
Alhamsad rice mill in kano state

https://nigerianfinder.com/best-rice-brands-in-nigeria/

I think Olams has quality too but the distribution seems to be an issue.
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by maclatunji: 1:35pm On Oct 16, 2019
helinues:

Abeg remove items 5.. You wan give scammers free largesse opportunity.. For ember months for that matter

Caveat Emptor, let the buyer beware. It might also help legitimate sellers too. At least you can describe the dealer as something like this "Wazobia rice seller, Daleko Market, Mushin, Lagos or something like that.
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by maclatunji: 1:36pm On Oct 16, 2019
sunnychibs:
Ebony gold

Ikwo mass

remains one best rice i've ever eaten.

When you begin to eat Nigerian rice,foreign rice will be shite to you.
#fact

I agree, nutritional value is higher. It is those that have stones that are the problem.
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by power50: 1:48pm On Oct 16, 2019
Nigerian rice will remain Nigerian rice. There is nothing you can do about it.

Get more customers and clients. List your business on https://www.nairakobo.com.ng/
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by NwaNimo1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 16, 2019
Cocharis rice apparently....if you can find it.
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by mr11(m): 1:52pm On Oct 16, 2019
maclatunji:

I agree, nutritional value is higher. It is those that have stones that are the problem.
you can disstone it,ebonyi rice is the best.
Re: Border Closure: Let's Have A List Of Quality Nigerian Rice by mr11(m): 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2019
Ebonyi rice is the best,in case you need it let me know.is stone free too.

(1) (Reply)

Rivers State Government, Julius Berger Sign Agreement To Contruct Three Flyovers / Buhari May Join 2023 Presidential Race – Galadima / In Case Of Secession What Determines The Value Of The New Country's Currency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.