Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,823 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Sanwo-olu Boast - "Lagos Will Pay Workers Above #30,000 Minimum Wage" - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Sanwo-olu Boast - "Lagos Will Pay Workers Above #30,000 Minimum Wage" (202 Views)

What Is The Hope Of A Graduate Above 30? / N-power Salary Structure | How N-power Pay Workers / Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sanwo-olu Boast - "Lagos Will Pay Workers Above #30,000 Minimum Wage" by Okoyeaniche(m): 9:04am On Oct 16, 2019
Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has said that Lagos State is ready to pay more than the N30,000 benchmark for the National Minimum Wage.
Mr Sanwo-Olu, said this during a meeting with Organised Labour Unions at the State House in Alausa on Tuesday. He disclosed that the implementation of the new minimum wage payment would take off when the Federal Government and labour unions conclude their negotiations.

He said the state was drawing up its finances and creating additional revenue sources that would enable it sustain the new minimum wage payment.

The governor said his government understood the day-by-day challenges being faced by workers in the State to do their tasks, which informed the decision by his administration to pay more than the N30,000 minimum wage benchmark.

"As a government, we take the issue of minimum wage very seriously," he said.

"We know how important and germane it is to the wellbeing of our people. We are technically ready to implement the new minimum wage.

I made a commitment during my previous interactions with the labour unions before my assumption of office and I am still...CONTINUE HERE

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Customer Care Representative In Asaba/onitsha/edo / ARM Life Plc Recruitment : Living Benefits Officer At ARM Life Plc / Audit Senior_ Urgently Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.