Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,705 members, 7,809,684 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:02 PM

'cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Pele’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Pele’ (333 Views)

A Picture Of President Putin, Okocha, Pele, Maradona And Kanu / Messi To MLS Would Be Bigger Than Pele At Cosmos, Says Friedel / Jose Mourinho Reveals What Neymar Must Do To Be Better Than Pele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Pele’ by GrifindorHouse(m): 12:44pm On Oct 16, 2019

Cristiano Ronaldo’s agent Jorge Mendes claims his superstar client is ‘the greatest of all time’ and is ‘better than Pele’

In an interview with Italian outlet Tuttosport, Mendes said: ‘The numbers do not lie. The overwhelming way in which Cristiano Ronaldo shatters records elevates him to the category of the best player in the history of football and with a big difference compared to the second.

‘For all that he has achieved in the services of the different clubs which he has represented, either in England or in Spain or now in Italy, but also with the Portuguese national team.

‘The fact is that with Cristiano Ronaldo, Portugal has already played three finals, winning two,’ Mendes explains in reference to Portugal winning Euro 2016 and this year’s inaugural UEFA Nations League, as well as being runners-up at Euro 2004.

Ronaldo scored the 700th goal of his career in Portugal’s 2-1 defeat against Ukraine on Monday – to become the sixth player in history to reach that landmark.

Ronaldo 34, now playing his club football in Serie A with Juventus – still has some way to go to beat the all-time record of 800 goals set by former Czech Republic forward Josef Bican, but Mendes insists Ronaldo is not done with breaking records just yet.
https://www.sportstalk23.com/2019/10/16/cristiano-ronaldo-is-better-than-pele/
Re: 'cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Pele’ by eTECTIV: 12:56pm On Oct 16, 2019
Lol.. He pays ur bills so he dictates ur tunes
Re: 'cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Pele’ by GrifindorHouse(m): 1:09pm On Oct 16, 2019
eTECTIV:
Lol.. He pays ur bills so he dictates ur tunes

But asides the world cup, is there any other milestone Ronaldo has failed to achieve?
Re: 'cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Pele’ by Goldencheese(m): 1:22pm On Oct 16, 2019
Although I don't want to wade into a Pele, Messi comparison with Ronaldo, because I respect these football GOATs, some things about this Ronaldo guy amaze me:
1. His work ethics emphasize the reasoning that hard work will beat talent anyday if talent refuses to work hard.
2. He gives to charity like no other footballer does.
3. He doesn't wear tattoo not because he hates it but because he donates blood yearly and doesn't want ink in his blood.
4. He believes in himself like no other footballer exists and he emphasizes the truth that self-esteem is the foundation of all true success.
5. Finally, he enjoys what he was born to do: football.

Great lessons for me.
Re: 'cristiano Ronaldo Is Better Than Pele’ by GrifindorHouse(m): 1:58pm On Oct 16, 2019
Goldencheese:
Although I don't want to wade into a Pele, Messi comparison with Ronaldo, because I respect these football GOATs, some things about this Ronaldo guy amaze me:
1. His work ethics emphasize the reasoning that hard work will beat talent anyday if talent refuses to work hard.
2. He gives to charity like no other footballer does.
3. He doesn't wear tattoo not because he hates it but because he donates blood yearly and doesn't want ink in his blood.
4. He believes in himself like no other footballer exists and he emphasizes the truth that self-esteem is the foundation of all true success.
5. Finally, he enjoys what he was born to do: football.

Great lessons for me.

I'm not really a big fan of him tho.. but I respect his passion for success.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Messi Receives His 6th European Golden Boot (photos) / North Korea Game 'was Like War' - South Korea / Uk Pool Week15 =>x47x<=plus Two Others.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.