Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,840 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More (719 Views)

Man Stopped From Committing Suicide By Jumping Into Lagos Lagoon (Photos, Video) / COVID-19: 16 New Cases Reported, Total now 254 With 44 Discharged And 6 Deaths / Doctors Stop World's Most Fertile Mother With 44 Children From Giving Birth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by Maraokere: 1:53pm On Oct 16, 2019
The 40-year-old woman, from Uganda, Mariam Nabatanzi was stopped from giving birth by doctors.

Mariam Nabatanzi suffers from a rare genetic condition and had given birth to 44 children by the age of 36.

According to Msn.africa Mariam has three sets of quadruplets, four sets of triplets and six sets of twins and incredibly manages to care for and feed them all on her own after her husband left her with the children four years ago.

It was reported that Mariam's father had 45 children with several different women.

Mariam married quite early, at the age of 12 while her husband was 4o years old as at then. A doctor warned the mother that birth control, like the Pill, could cause her problems because she had unusually large ovaries after her first set of twins, but the babies just kept coming.

Reports from Msn.africa have it that Ugandan families are often large with women having 5.6 children on average. This is one of the highest birth rates in Africa but even by these standards, Mariam's family is enormous.

Mariam lives with her children in four tiny houses made from cement bricks and a corrugated iron roof.

The 40-year-old mother had 25b children at the age of 23 and begged the doctors for help, but the doctor adviced she should continue giving birth because she has a very high ovary count.

According to the report gathered, Mariam's constant delivery ended after she gave birth to the last set of six twins, and lost one during labour.

According to her, the husband left her for good after she lost the baby and the husband's name is now cursed in her family.

Mariam said:

I have grown up in tears, my man has passed me through a lot of suffering.
All my time has been spent looking after my children and working to earn some money."
But it was also after this birth that the mum finally got the medical help she needed to stop her having more babies.

Dr. Charles Kiggundu, a gynecologist at Mulago Hospital in Kampala, Uganda, said:

"Her case is genetic predisposition to hyper-ovulate, which is releasing multiple eggs in one cycle, which significantly increases the chance of having multiples; it is always genetic."

Mariam confirmed that doctors had taken action to remove the risk of her becoming pregnant again. She said the doctor told her he had "cut my uterus from inside".

Mariam has so many jobs that sustain her and her children, she's a hairdresser, an event decorator, she brews her own local gin and also collects and sells scrap metals.

Despite mariam's effort, one of her children, Ivan Kibuka,  had to drop from school to support the mother.

The 23-year-old boy said:

"Mum is overwhelmed, the work is crushing her, we help where we can, like in cooking and washing, but she still carries the whole burden for the family. I feel for her."

According to Msn.africa, tye youngsters make do with what their mother provides them with, every one of them engages in house chores, include cleaning, cooking, while the remaining ones take care of the younger ones.

The report shows that Mariam feeds her children with 25kg of maize flour to ensure they have enough to eat.

Read more stories at http://irukkanews.com/index.php/2019/10/16/world-most-fertile-woman-with-44-children-stopped-from-giving-birth/

cc; Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by Maraokere: 1:55pm On Oct 16, 2019

Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by GOFRONT(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
Chaii
Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by Obaiyski(m): 1:59pm On Oct 16, 2019
Blessing differs..
Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by Sundaygeorge: 2:01pm On Oct 16, 2019
Let do the maths.
She started giving birth @ 12 yrs
Then @ 36 yrs .she gave birth to 44 children

Each pregnant take 9 months to mature.let call it one year

So 36 - 12 = 24

She gave birth to 44 children under 24 yrs ,
I never even check the pregnancy period.

Come and tell me another story ..

1 Like

Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by ladilawal82(m): 2:03pm On Oct 16, 2019
Biko stop her o undecided
Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by Amarisa(f): 2:04pm On Oct 16, 2019
undecided undecided
Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by cuiz: 3:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
Sundaygeorge:
Let do the maths.
She started giving birth @ 12 yrs
Then @ 36 yrs .she gave birth to 44 children

Each pregnant take 9 months to mature.let call it one year

So 36 - 12 = 24

She gave birth to 44 children under 24 yrs ,
I never even check the pregnancy period.

Come and tell me another story ..

don't act too smart, read your story very well incase u didn't see it, three sets of quadruplets, four sets of triplets and six sets of twins..So mathematician pls use this to calculate
Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by Sundaygeorge: 4:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
don't act too smart, read your story very well incase u didn't see it, three sets of quadruplets, four sets of triplets and six sets of twins..So mathematician pls use this to calculate[/quote]

If u believe the story...than u can believe anything

The picture say it all
Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by cuiz: 6:00pm On Oct 16, 2019
wow 44 children from one woman
Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by cuiz: 6:01pm On Oct 16, 2019
if she is even 70 and have 44 children, it's still something to talk about, who gives birth to a dozen children now not to tal of 44
Re: World Most Fertile Woman With 44 Children Stopped From Having More by ctleurocollege: 8:07pm On Oct 16, 2019
Who forced her

(1) (Reply)

Jigsimur, Superdose, Nonisteen And Javavirco For Viral And Chronic Infections / Reasons Why Well Woman Medical Check is Important. / My Name Was Announced As A Confirmed Case Of Coronavirus Without My Knowledge...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.