Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,883 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? (871 Views)

Why Is Lagos Blue Line Train Being Pulled By A Diesel Locomotive?—John Ashbourne / Is Lagos Becoming Nigeria's Answer To Miami, Florida? / Couple Fall To Their Death While Taking A Seaside Selfie In Portugal (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 16, 2019
There's a topic on Twitter causing a lot of havoc right now as Twitter users begin to doubt the credibility of a lady's tweet about the PA and imaginary wrong booking of her flight.

After I did a lot of investigation about the topic I found out she was right while many Twitter users still believe she's lying.

Do you know Lagos is in Greece and Portugal?

"Lagos in Nigeria"
"Lagos in Greece"
"Lagos in Portugal"

https://mandynews.com/do-you-know-there-is-lagos-in-portugal-greece/

Re: Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2019
The post

Re: Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 16, 2019
I'm not surprised that there's a Lagos in Portugal. The name Lagos probably originated from there, I stand to be corrected though. But Twitter tales, I take them with a sack of salt, not a pinch.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by FarahAideed: 10:28pm On Oct 16, 2019
So you are just finding out that Lagos was named after the city of Lagos in Portugal by the first Portuguese that landed in Lagos ...Nigerian youth really don't know their history

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by id911(m): 10:30pm On Oct 16, 2019
So you guys don't know it was a certain Portuguese that landed on the settlement bordering the Atlantic Ocean in SW Nigeria that named the place Lagos after the Portuguese city? Lagos, as we understand means “lakes”. The person that abolished history in Nigerian schools should be sent to prison

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by MrBrownJay1(m): 2:31am On Oct 17, 2019
Lagos means lakes in Spanish AND Portuguese...so there is much more lagos than you can think of
Re: Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by nlPoster: 2:50am On Oct 17, 2019
Op how is it possible you do not know Lagos Nigeria was named after Lagos Portugal?
Re: Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by Nobody: 6:37am On Oct 17, 2019
Hallelujah! OP, neither flesh nor blood hath revealed this to you!

So, you finally got to know this? Calls for celebration.

Lol... but seriously this knowledge is older than the archaic Methusellah himself.
Re: Do You Know There Is Lagos In Portugal & Greece? by ednut1(m): 6:42am On Oct 17, 2019
So many ignorant youths

(1) (Reply)

Ecowas Travel Certificate / My Experience With A Female Uber Driver Today... / New Airline Launches In Nigeria With Two ATR 72-600 Aircraft And 22 To Come

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.