Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,101 members, 7,818,293 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:06 PM

Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun (21384 Views)

Natasha Akpoti Wins At The Tribunal, Declared Winner Of Kogi Senatorial Election / Telcos Warn Of Shutdown In 11 States Over Kogi’s Clampdown / Lauretta Onochie Shades Dino Melaye Over Kogi Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Islie: 9:28am On Oct 17, 2019
Gbenga Odogun , Lokoja

Ahead of the Kogi West senatorial rerun ordered by the Court of Appeal last week , the two actors in the race , Smart Adeyemi and Dino Melaye , have been trading words .

Adeyemi, who is a two- term former senator of Kogi West , said Melaye never won any election in his political career .

The former lawmaker, in an interview with our correspondent, accused the incumbent senator of allegedly manipulating his way into office using political thuggery and rigging .

He said, “ This position has been proved right by last week ’s decision of the Court of Appeal affirming the decision of the lower court , ordering a rerun of the Kogi West senatorial election . ”

Adeyemi stated that no one could deliberately cast his vote for Melaye because the senator did not fit into the category of those that could earn the respect of any Yoruba man who valued morals more than money.

He added , “ Besides , the Senate is meant for those who have proved their mettle in other areas before bringing his experience to bear at the Senate . Where has Dino ever worked to gather any experience?”

However, Melaye described Adeyemi as an expired product in Kogi West .

The lawmaker said his predecessor ’s eight years in office was a curse rather than blessing to the district .

Melaye , speaking through his media aide , Gideon Ayodele , said, “ The judgments in the tribunal and appeal court have not said that Senator Dino Melaye did not defeat him . Senator Dino Melaye defeated Smart in six out of the seven local government areas of Kogi West . ”

According to him , the mandate is the people ’ s and cannot be stolen or taken away .
He added , “ If we go to the election again and again, Dino Melaye will still defeat Smart Adeyemi. ”

https://punchng.com/adeyemi-melaye-clash-over-kogi-senatorial-rerun/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Kingpele(m): 9:38am On Oct 17, 2019
Dino my man calm down first, never underestimate your opponent, if u ever hope to remain on top, good luck to whoever wins this senatorial election

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by sholatech(m): 9:50am On Oct 17, 2019
Smart can only attack Dino on morals. But constituents have felt Dino's impact positively than Smart.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by BuhariAdvocate: 9:55am On Oct 17, 2019
Sadly the two of them are useless and none of them fit to hold that position.

17 Likes

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by omowolewa: 10:07am On Oct 17, 2019
Nigerian Electoral Formula is to win first at all costs, then use the public funds of your office to hire good lawyers to convince a 5 man panel of judges to decide for millions of electorates.

As much as we still practice the current electoral laws, litigations and wrong choices will continue.

7 Likes

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Johnnyessence(m): 10:10am On Oct 17, 2019
Dino melaye victory is assured by the special grace of almighty God. Meanwhile , I will beat Smart Adeyemi in any election in Kogi. He is my political wife - Senator Dino melaye .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F32diJEsAZ4

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by helinues: 10:13am On Oct 17, 2019
Adeyemi is not Smart..

8 Likes

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by chriskosherbal(m): 10:17am On Oct 17, 2019
helinues:
Adeyemi is not Smart..
grin cheesy that's savage

3 Likes

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by MANNABBQGRILLS: 10:32am On Oct 17, 2019
He added , “ Besides , the Senate is meant for those who have proved their mettle in other areas before bringing his experience to bear at the Senate . Where has Dino ever worked to gather any experience?”
Even the children of hate, perdition and frustration, aka wailers that support Dino with 24/7 of their miserable lives can never answer this simple question!
With all his expensive lifestyle.

Criminals supported by thieves.

Kogites, wise up and vote for the person that will better your future and the future of your unborn kids.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Evaromantik1(m): 10:32am On Oct 17, 2019
Adeyemi asking where Dino has work to acquire experience

Below is Wikipedia's answer to Adeyemi about Dino:

"He graduated from Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria where he studied geography in 2000. He led the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) and later became the Secretary General of African Youth Council and then that of the Commonwealth Youth Council. He was appointed by President Olusegun Obasanjo to chair the Presidential Advisory Council on Youths."

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Tesclaros(m): 10:32am On Oct 17, 2019
I need an active instagram account with 10k followers above to buy. It must be nigerian followers. Recommend any trusted person here please. I won’t attend to anybody that is not trusted. Cos i got scammed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by MiracleJ: 10:33am On Oct 17, 2019
b
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by mbahdi(m): 10:33am On Oct 17, 2019
Useless government wasting resources.why not use d money meant for the rerun for something else.how many days are in four years.useless old fools.starting from the ancestor in aso rock
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by solmusdesigns: 10:34am On Oct 17, 2019
lol

who told Dino melaye APC intends to play fair with him

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by WonderManly(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2019
Mr. Dino! Don't mind them jare! You're the winner jor!
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Kapeter(m): 10:36am On Oct 17, 2019
I don't know why it has to be two yoruba man fighting for one position where they are minority. Kogi south i guess.
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Nobody: 10:39am On Oct 17, 2019
Tesclaros:
I need an active instagram account with 10k followers above to buy. It must be nigerian followers. Recommend any trusted person here please. I won’t attend to anybody that is not trusted. Cos i got scammed.
How much are u willing to pay. I have someone that wants to sell hers.
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Topmaike007(m): 10:40am On Oct 17, 2019
I support Smart whole heartedly

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Cantonese: 10:40am On Oct 17, 2019
If not for money, thuggery and connection, how many of those senators would qualify to be there? Smart Adeyemi is talking rubbish. Even the president has been proven to have certificates, yet he is there.
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by sholatech(m): 10:41am On Oct 17, 2019
post=83215198:

Even the children of hate, perdition and frustration, aka wailers that support Dino with 24/7 of their miserable lives can never answer this simple question!
With all his expensive lifestyle.

Criminals supported by thieves.

Kogites, wise up and vote for the person that will better your future and the future of your unborn kids.

If kogites truly follow your words and not just blindly follow party lines like the BBQGrillman, it is a clear choice for Dino. This is easy, both of them have been in the senate before. Dino has far more constituent projects than Smart. Dino has been far more accessible than smart, Dino also has assisted far more people to obtain jobs at MDAs. Smart might have more pre-politics job experience than Dino, but Dino has more academic exposure than Smart.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by imam07: 10:43am On Oct 17, 2019
I dont know what kind of curse is on okun people and kogi in general. Both Dino and Smart are error. If okun people are here, u better listen. If u allow Smart to return, u own don pafuka. Because nah all ur constituency money will go for smart abandon projects in ilorin. Smart returns will belike return of abija.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Jabioro: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2019
Nairaland should go back to our uniq style..Adeyemi and Dino are two thieves in the house looking be for your support to decimate the nation account
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by justtruth88miSt(f): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2019
sholatech:
Smart can only attack Dino on morals. But constituents have felt Dino's impact positively than Smart.

Who told u?
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Haywhysat: 10:46am On Oct 17, 2019
Kapeter:
I don't know why it has to be two yoruba man fighting for one position where they are minority. Kogi south i guess.
. U need to learn more.. even though they are minorities in kogi state, they still constitute about 20 percent of the population.. And out of the three senators, yorubas always produce one, and about 2 reps....

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by TMemos: 10:47am On Oct 17, 2019
Evaromantik1:
Adeyemi asking where Dino has work to acquire experience

Below is Wikipedia's answer to Adeyemi about Dino:

Is this a work experience?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Cantonese: 10:48am On Oct 17, 2019
If not for money, thuggery and connection, a lot of those senators should not be there. Smart Adeyemi should just leave that talk. Even the president has been proven not to have certificates, yet he is there.

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by jayson87: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2019
Smart should be ashamed of himself... APC should get someone else
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by sunsewa16: 10:58am On Oct 17, 2019
Smart Adeyemi is an oh yes members senator,he can't compare himself with dino,dino is what a senator should be, outspoken in the midst tyranny, contributing in support or against in whatever is national or masses interest, but Adeyemi is siddon dey look senator.

2 Likes

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by mercyvivv(f): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2019
Dino is gone! The worst malady to befall him was that rerun in the lifetime of Yahaya Bello's sitting as a governor. Bello will gladly lose his own governorship ambition than allow Dino win. Never!
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.

1 Like

Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by akdjr(m): 10:59am On Oct 17, 2019
I wish APC can just do what PDP did to us in Edo state during.
Re: Adeyemi, Melaye Clash Over Kogi Senatorial Rerun by Evaromantik1(m): 11:00am On Oct 17, 2019
TMemos:

Is this a work experience?

We discus politics here and politics is about ruling people, that's what i listed.

When a politician ask such question, don't expect it to list factories you've work in.

The experience meant here is the one required to rule people, not to seal a sachet water in a factory.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Contesting Election In 2019 Will Be A Big Joke — Akinjide / NBC/AIT: Court Asks Parties To Maintain Status Quo / Presidential Tribunal: Drama As Atiku Denies Buhari Use Of Video Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.