Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,887 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:07 AM

Please Demurrage Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Demurrage Issue (1217 Views)

Car Demurrage / Honda Accord 2013 Demurrage / Demurrage Charges And Its Harmful Effect On Your Business. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Demurrage Issue by Jollof123: 10:45am On Oct 17, 2019
Hello my people, some group of people wants to cheat my uncle due to his limited knowledge about demurage.

How can we check the demurage cost on a truck that's a month old in the port.
The agent in charge is conspiring with the person that sent the truck due to some fraudulent reasons.

Pls input needed from on the way to check or on the amount charged on Truck(lorry) for a month old.
Re: Please Demurrage Issue by thebigkendo(m): 11:41am On Oct 17, 2019
Jollof123:
Hello my people, some group of people wants to cheat my uncle due to his limited knowledge about demurage.

The agent in charge is conspiring with the person that sent the truck due to some fraudulent reasons.

Pls input needed from on the way to check or on the amount charged on Truck(lorry) for a month old.

CC calculusx Lade007 DelTel Gazzuzz
Re: Please Demurrage Issue by DelTel(m): 12:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
Jollof123:

Demurrage charge varies depending on some factors: terminal - commonly 5 Star Logistics and Grimaldi; type of vehicle - sedan or SUV or truck; state of vehicle.

The agent is supposed to print out the terminal invoice and avail the client actually.

The only known truth is First Three days free storage; all the rest are subject to some many inconsistencies.

I would advise you quickly pay whatever you are asked to pay to avoid further skyrocketing.

To hazard a guess of your question, 30 days could amount to close to more #150k.
Re: Please Demurrage Issue by Jollof123: 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2019
Thanks for your contribution...we have gotten the truthful amount after a call to the Grimaldi customer service.

We have embark on a legal action aswel. Thanks FAM
Re: Please Demurrage Issue by lade007(m): 1:21pm On Oct 17, 2019
thebigkendo:

CC calculusx Lade007 DelTel Gazzuzz
Thanks for the mention. The problem with clearing consignments in Nigeria is that most agents are agents for some agents themselves. What kind of truck is it and when did it arrive Lagos?
Re: Please Demurrage Issue by timifakay(m): 4:47pm On Oct 17, 2019
Jollof123:
Thanks for your contribution...we have gotten the truthful amount after a call to the Grimaldi customer service.

We have embark on a legal action aswel. Thanks FAM

Against?
Sha collect your vehicle first, or else nah sorry go be your name by the time they keep adjourning your case and demurrage keeps going up...

1 Like

Re: Please Demurrage Issue by Jollof123: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2019
timifakay:

Against?
Sha collect your vehicle first, or else nah sorry go be your name by the time they keep adjourning your case and demurrage keeps going up...

Yes, I know
Re: Please Demurrage Issue by timifakay(m): 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
Jollof123:

Yes, I know

Who are you taking legal action against?

(1) (Reply)

Volvo Or Benz / Ex-paul Walker Nissan Skyline R34 Could Be Worth ₦150m / Abuja Car Dealers Let's Connect And Partner❗

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.