Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,768 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' (46453 Views)

Son Cuts Off Mother’s Hands With Machete In Ogun / Man Attacks Father With Machete In Cross River For Sleeping With Another Woman / Wife Of Airforce Commodore Attacks Soldier With Machete In Port-Harcourt. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by liliandrew: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2019
A 63-year-old man, Oluwatubosun Dahunsi, yesterday told Magistrates’ Court sitting in Owo, Ondo State, that he hacked his wife, Funmilayo Dahunsi, to death thinking he was killing a goat.

He said Funmilayo (38) cried for help “but at that point, her cry sounded like that of a goat”.

Oluwatubosun allegedly used a machete to hack Funmilayo to death on October 5, 2019 in Owo, headquarters of Owo Local Area of Ondo State.

The charge sheet reads: “That you, Dahunsi Oluwatubosun, ‘m’ on October 5, 2019, about 6.30a.m., at Ita-Ipele Camp via Owo in the Ondo Magisterial District, unlawfully (attacked with a machete) your wife, Funmilayo Dahunsi ‘f’ on her two hands, head, stomach, neck and her jaw with to death and thereby committed an offence contrary to Section 316 and punishable under Section 319(1) of the Criminal Code Cap 37, Volume 1, Laws of Ondo State of Nigeria, 2006.”

The defendant, who is facing a one-count charge of murder, pleaded not guilty when the charge was read to him.

The police prosecutor, Sergeant Suleiman Abdulateef, told the court that he had filed an application for the remand of the defendant in prison pending the advice from the office of the Director for Public Prosecutions (DPP).

Olatubosun, who had no legal representation, begged the court for mercy, saying he was only aware of what he had done after he had committed the act.

He said: “We only quarrelled over our children’s school fees. I never knew when I attacked her with a machete. It was after she died that I realised what I had done. Please have mercy on me and help me beg my children.”

The court asked the defendant if the victim did not cry for help during the assault and why he did not stop after the first cut.

He said: “She cried for help. But at that point, her cry sounded like that of a goat. So, I thought I was actually killing a goat. It was after killing her that my eyes became clear and I ran away.

“I don’t understand how it all happened. Please have mercy on me.”

According to the defendant, the victim already bore him five children. He said the eldest child, who was present in court is 22 years old, while the youngest is eight years old.

The Chief Magistrate, Mrs. Charity Adeyanju, granted the prayer of the prosecutor and ordered the remand of the defendant in the Olokuta Correctional Facility, pending the advice from the DPP.

Adeyanju adjourned the case till January 13, 2020.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/10/wifes-murder-i-thought-i-was-killing-a-goat-husband/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by nancyiwuchukwuk: 2:08pm On Oct 17, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by cuiz: 2:11pm On Oct 17, 2019
Maybe he was been possessed

27 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 17, 2019
If he hadn’t mentioned they had a fight it would have been better. This one right here sounds like devils handwork and that man right there’s the devil.

cuiz:
Maybe he was been possessed

The way people abuse the name devil or religion or even God is why some people don’t have any belief in these things.

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Oduduwa707: 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
They should also hack him to death and pretend it's a deer grin

142 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by sylve11: 3:58pm On Oct 17, 2019
liliandrew:
He said: “We only quarrelled over our children’s school fees. I never knew when I attacked her with a machete. It was after she died that I realised what I had done. Please have mercy on me and help me beg my children.”

The court asked the defendant if the victim did not cry for help during the assault and why he did not stop after the first cut.

He said: “She cried for help. But at that point, her cry sounded like that of a goat. So, I thought I was actually killing a goat. It was after killing her that my eyes became clear and I ran away.
sad cool

The story just confused me here. sad cool

12 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by thorpido(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
You're the real goat na.
You had a quarrel and the next thing you pick up a cutlass looking for a goat you didn't buy.Anuofia.
Now the kids will suffer when you go to prison.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Hotzone(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Base on the location, na normal

But in sane locations, marriage is always a romantic thing

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by STFUand4kMeHARD(m): 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
cool
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Criticaltemp: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Chisos.. U see the people from that side ehh, they can kill goat any hiw

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Gabson006: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Chai
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 17, 2019
Not suprise.
They are naturally vile and wicked.

4 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Maxwelltf: 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
May God help us. Brutal embarassed embarassed
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by one1prax(m): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
what a damn lie, how you go look your wife like goat

get your own website for 12k only, see my signature to contact me

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by adedayourt(m): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
na illusion worry am
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by thundafire: 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
Killing a goat so u think na she-goat abi,anyway y will dey adjourn a case till next year when such cases just need to be concluded in days Bleep judiciary

6 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Nobody: 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2019
Haba
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Dobson43: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
angry
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by BafanaBafana: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
wetin Okoro no go see for shop?
When you were arguing about school fees, she wasn't a goat. Unless he will say he was having an argument wit a goat.

8 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by flyca: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Did you buy a goat? You assumed your neighbour's goat strolled into your apartment in the middle of the night? Why will you kill a goat that is not yours?

I know you are lying but kon-tee-new undecided

17 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by AngryIgboMan: 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Evil nation of animals. This one's spirit will now judge the already sacrificed ones already haunting Nigeria.

Blood blood blood everywhere. No respect for human blood. All they know is kill kill.

4 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by midehi2(f): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
Chai, witch at its peak
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Kellie069(m): 4:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
A whole lot more to this story. RIP to the deceased. What a sad and horrific way to die
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by notoriousbabe: 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Some people don't even know how to tell lies. He should go and learn from tohyorsih2 awon mama oniro ni ye
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by robertmugabe: 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
And yet some people will say there is no village people...

5 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by OhiOfIhima: 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Wife and Goat, someone should wake me up if naw dream I dey!

1 Like

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by princeade86(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
and to make matter worst, court no no jazz
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by Buffalo2(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
Radarada
Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by TroubleMaker47(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
And he had to insult the wife even in death! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Man Kills Wife With machete In Ondo 'Thinking She Was A Goat' by lemon10(m): 4:02pm On Oct 17, 2019
F

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

White Woman Spits In The Face Of A Nigerian Muslim Lady On The Streets Of London / How Abba Kyari Sent Third Party Account To Hushpuppi For Payment / Policemen Fighting At Muhammadu Buhari Junction in Abuja (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.