Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,988 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence (1216 Views)

Ronaldo Bans Mother From Watching Football After She Fainted Twice In Stadium / Fernando Torres Retires From Football After 6-1 Final Match Loss In Japan(Photos / Usain Bolt Retires From Football After Two Matches! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence by nigeriapenInfo: 2:51pm On Oct 17, 2019

Sunday Mba is determined to return to topflight action after being out of action for the last two years.

The AFCON 2013 winner who last played for Turkish side Yeni Malatyaspor in September 2017 is not giving up about making a comeback. Mba, now 30, scored Super Eagles winning goal in the quarter final against Cote D’Ivoire and the match-winner against Burkina Faso in the final.

“As a free agent things are not really that easy, but you can only be hopeful. ‪”My desire is to get back into club football and I am working hard to start playing again.

‪”Football is everything I have and I cannot just give up. I believe there’s something out there for me,” he told BBC Sport.‬ The former Warri Wolves midfielder progressed with the Nigerian team to the 2013 Confederations Cup in Brazil after which he joined French club Bastia.

But his relationship with late Stephen Keshi went sour as he was dropped from final 23-man squad that played in the World Cup in 2014. And after two years of active football Mba is aware of the challenges of playing at the highest level again. ‪”First you’d need the luck to find someone that believes in you and ready to give you a chance,” he said.‬

‪”I’ve continued to stay in shape, train daily and be physically ready for any opportunity.‬ ‪”I still have something to give and will continue to stay mentally and physically ready.

“‬ Mba scored three goals in 16 appearances for the three time African champions and managed eight goals in 55 appearances for his Turkish club.‬‬

Recently it was reported that Super Eagles proposed friendly against the four-time world champions Germany was not granted by the European side. According to Sporting Life, the football agent attached to the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), requested for an international meeting between both nations.

Read More Here: https://nigeriapen.com.ng/sunday-mba-nigerian-international-eyes-return-to-football-after-2-years-out/

Lalasticlala
Re: Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence by vastolord4(m): 2:56pm On Oct 17, 2019
This guy really made me proud in 2013
But Stephen just neglected you. I hope you find a club that values you.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence by nigeriapenInfo: 2:57pm On Oct 17, 2019

1 Share

Re: Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence by oz4real83(m): 3:01pm On Oct 17, 2019
He killed his football career with one wrong move. Everybody including the coach expected him to parcipitate in the caf competition played only by locally based players but he chose to hunt for very evasive foreign clubs which didn't materialise. Participating and excelling in that competition would have exposed his talents more but he chose otherwise. Stephen keshi never recalled him to the squad after then. That was the beginning of the end for Sunday Mba.
Re: Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence by Osobi32(m): 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2019
Cool footballer
Re: Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence by internationalman(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2019
His name is Sunday, he scored on Sundays and his goals were always the winning goal...

This guy was a threat to the super eagles in the final that year.

Re: Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence by Blankstare(m): 3:27pm On Oct 17, 2019
Great player, Wish you all the best.
Re: Sunday Mba,nigerian International, Eyes Return To Football After 2 Years Absence by FatherBona: 3:34pm On Oct 17, 2019
internationalman:
His name is Sunday, he scored on Sundays and his goals were always the winning goal...

This guy were a threat to the super eagles in the final that year.
Aristide Bance grin grin
Fond memories

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Meet Bayelsa Born 7yrs Old Chess Champion Deborah Quickpen Ben-walson / Unbelievable! Messi And Ronaldo Become Globe Soccer Awards Finalists! / Bruno Fernandez Train Ahead Of Wolves - Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.