Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,297 members, 7,954,183 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Abuke - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Abuke (370 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abuke by Kindoo: 9:07pm On Oct 17, 2019
So I came home with my love. We have been  for a good time and it had been love, and all love. Getting the back of each other, we were there together in the sunshine and when it got a little bit windy. 
I
Good afternoon father. Here is Gbade, the man I want to marry.

Gbadeyan
I greet you father.

Father
(He ignores) Where is the man?

I
The man standing by my side. He is the one I have always talked about. So loving and caring.

Father
Are you out of your mind?

I
Not at all father, my mind is clear.  I have always tell you of a man taking care of me.

Father 
This one?

I
This one that is blind, this one that stinks, this one that is less of human or what?

Father
That has hunch back.

I
So what?

Father
So he can't be my in-law.

I
I have accepted him to be my husband. He has hunch back, not hunch brain, he is an employer's of labour. Not hunch purse, he is financially mature. Not hunch emotion, he can handle issues. He is not hunch down there, we have been there, he is a man. 

Father
Which man, don't tell me you been there? What would people say?

I
I have been there, it has been wild. Who are the people that are more important than me in my life, Don't I have the self right to make the choice of what makes me happy. I don't damn care.
Father.

I care.

You are not me, are you? Human are the doom of others. Assuming I bring in here a man without hunch back but hunch brain, hunch attitude, you would smile and welcome him. But this one has all I want and I decide to look beyond the back, there is no going back. It is my personal choice.

Father
This one?

I
You and the people that think that way are the people who push those with disabilities to the extreme end. Don't a man or woman with disability deserve to love and to be loved. Don't they deserve to have life that just as others do. Should a man not  perfect in his physical look die? That a man don't have same orientation with you, should he leave the world? That  a man is not in same social class, should he run out of life? I have make him my choice.

Father
You made me feel guilty.

I only speak the truth. 

Father 
What should I do now?

Give us your blessings.

Father 
I bless you.

Gbade
I great you.

Father 
It shall be well with you.

Join wurastories.com.ng
to Read a story, Tell a story.

(1) (Reply)

Unbreakable Bond Part F / I Miss The Days / Love Dilemma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.