Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:18 PM

Just In Case You Missed It: Yesterday Was Chinua Achebe's Posthumous Birthday. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Just In Case You Missed It: Yesterday Was Chinua Achebe's Posthumous Birthday. (351 Views)

Chinua Achebe's 91st Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Chinua Achebe's 90th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Wole Soyinka Replies Reno Omokri Over Chinua Achebe Being Better Than Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Just In Case You Missed It: Yesterday Was Chinua Achebe's Posthumous Birthday. by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 17, 2019
Yes, yesterday November 16th, was the posthumous birthday of the great African literary icon, Chinua Achebe.
According to Wikipedia:
"Chinua Achebe was a Nigerian novelist, Poet, Professor, and critic. His first novel, Things Fall Apart, often considered his masterpiece, is the most widely read book in modern African literature."

He was born on November 16th, 1930, in Ogidi, Nigeria and died on March 21st, 2013, in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.

To refresh our memory, here are a few of his popular books and their year of release in bracket:
- Things Fall Apart (1958)
- No longer at ease (1960)
- Arrow of God (1964)
- A Man of the people (1966)
- Anthills of the Savannah (1987)

He was a great man whose fantastic and sublime literary works inspired me so much, all the way from my childhood...and still inspire me till today.
I love Chinua Achebe cool cool

(1) (Reply)

A Moment Of Silence / Religion Differences In Marriage / A Must Watched! Check Out The Man Who Tried To Take His Life (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.