Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation (41804 Views)

Minimum Wage: FG Gives Committee 4 Weeks To Adjust Workers’ Salaries / New Minimum Wage: FG Reacts To Labour’s December 31 Deadline / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by patikh123(m): 4:05am On Oct 18, 2019
dre11:
The Federal Government and the organised labour have reached an agreement over the consequential adjustment of the new minimum wage. The minister of Labour and Employment (State), Festus Keyamo disclosed this on his twitter handle Thursday night.

Keyamo, who tweeted during the negotiation between the FG and Labour said: “After some delicate negotiations (with both Ministers as conciliators), the government and Labour have finally reached an agreement on the consequential adjustment of other wages following the implementation of the enhanced minimum wage of 30, 000.

“we are working on the communique,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-fg-reaches-agreement-with-labour-over-implementation-of-new-minimum-wage.html

https://punchng.com/weve-reached-agreement-on-minimum-wage-keyamo-labour/

why are they making it sound as if everybody is on the same salary scale,? I know of some federal ministries and Agencies that their Level 10 officer's take home is N70k per month does that mean such percentage will also b used for such officers who are far far bn underpay as against others? bcs I really don't understand why govt can't just do a simple Harmonization b4 talking about d consequential adjustment with d current minimum wage so that what affect one affect everybody.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Amuluonyenaego: 4:13am On Oct 18, 2019
Pls I need the cartoonist number, I lost my phone and his number disappeared.... to my greatest suprise it wasn't saved in google. [b]Pls I need the cartoonist number, I lost my phone and his number disappeared.... to my greatest suprise it wasn't saved in google. [/b]Pls I need the cartoonist number, I lost my phone and his number disappeared.... to my greatest suprise it wasn't saved in google.
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by owolabi5: 4:28am On Oct 18, 2019
Govt, so this is the best you can come up with despite the current increase in prices!

God save the masses, Amen!!

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by adeniyisamuel59(m): 4:34am On Oct 18, 2019
Wow, my friend salary @level 8 is 127,000 thus 20% will be (0.2× 127,000)= 25,400 ,just add that to his salary making N152,400 per month, that's not bad!

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Oluwabusobomi(f): 4:40am On Oct 18, 2019
adeniyisamuel59:
Wow, my friend salary @level 8 is 127,000 thus 20% will be (0.2× 127,000)= 25,400 ,just add that to his salary making N152,400 per month, that's not bad!

No, the increment will only be on the basic salary

4 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by pwanbusiness: 4:54am On Oct 18, 2019
Good
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Bighead9: 5:07am On Oct 18, 2019
Buhari is working. God bless Nigeria's most loved President. cheesy

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Mucheer(m): 5:09am On Oct 18, 2019
Finally, Finally.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by oscarhyno(m): 5:17am On Oct 18, 2019
dalongjnr:

Nope,that's not the the calculation. I think I broke it down in one of my post.
Please can you break it down again, I need to understand those figures, thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by espeeroke: 5:37am On Oct 18, 2019
patikh123:

why are they making it sound as if everybody is on the same salary scale,? I know of some federal ministries and Agencies that their Level 10 officer's take home is N70k per month does that mean such percentage will also b used for such officers who are far far bn underpay as against others? bcs I really don't understand why govt can't just do a simple Harmonization b4 talking about d consequential adjustment with d current minimum wage so that what affect one affect everybody.

It is worrisome. Level 12 step 2 officer under CONPSS earn about #85,000 monthly. With 16% increase, he goes for #98,000. Just #13,000 raise.

Meaning that, the salary can only buy 3 bags of rice/month with #8,000 ingredient.
Too bad.

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by israelmao(m): 5:47am On Oct 18, 2019
Let's wait for the real implementation because one cannot tell what government will say by the time we wake up tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Lanretoye(m): 5:48am On Oct 18, 2019
The law says 30% and inconsequential..
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by yahmaid04(m): 5:48am On Oct 18, 2019
Oluwabusobomi:

20% only goes for CONPSS salary structure and nobody earns 127k, level 8 on that scale
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by imagrg(m): 5:50am On Oct 18, 2019
EDO STATE IN PARTICULAR.
tk4rd:
Some States in Nigeria have very poor Salary Structure.
And with these new percentages for the increment of the salaries for the specific grade-levels,, some states would just go back to their drawing-boards and reduce their salary structure a lot further, so that they can claim to the media that they are paying the increments.
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by InvertedHammer: 5:53am On Oct 18, 2019
/
The next strike or threat will be next year after FGN must have renegaded on their promises.

I feel sorry for the NLC suckers that keep falling for the antics of FGN.

N30k salary and percentage raises? In your dream fellas!

If you are from Kogi, don't hold your breathe.

/

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Nobody: 6:06am On Oct 18, 2019
doris00:
That's good
Meanwhile see
Anthony Joshua Gifts DJ Cuppy Diamond Chain; Sparks Dating Rumour
Watch video as they kiss below
https://thickmatch.com/anthony-joshua-gifts-dj-cuppy-diamond-chain-sparks-dating-rumour/
carry thing comot here. We dey talk say FG don scam us this come be your problem

2 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Seunnzy(m): 6:29am On Oct 18, 2019
silverkings:
Odiegwu. I hope that NYSC will pay the new minimum wage henceforth. Na that one be my wahala now cheesy
me too o bros
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by justfash50: 6:31am On Oct 18, 2019
Consequential adjustment is only affect the basic salary....... Basic salary of level 10-14 for example is within the range of 50k-60k. So do the maths?

The worst union ever in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Truthbites: 6:33am On Oct 18, 2019
Vagabonds in power in Fela's voice...but when it's to increase VAT and toll gate..they take the decision at once..see them dragging increment for years
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Nobody: 6:33am On Oct 18, 2019
Shallypop:
I'm Barry, I live at NTA road. I'm a cool guy and I need cool female friends I can hang out with.
If u are a cool guy we can hook up as well(No homo)

y'all can reach me on 08038838675.
Thanks and have a good day.

Hi everyone! This is what username barrydee does for a living. He's a ritualist. Pls beware. That is his contact details. We r trying to get him arrested. His other contact details. 08084862933

A normal human being will know that it is a scam.. is only slay queens that Will see him as a God fearing good Samaritan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Afrocentric: 6:46am On Oct 18, 2019
dre11:
The Federal Government and the organised labour have reached an agreement over the consequential adjustment of the new minimum wage. The minister of Labour and Employment (State), Festus Keyamo disclosed this on his twitter handle Thursday night.

Keyamo, who tweeted during the negotiation between the FG and Labour said: “After some delicate negotiations (with both Ministers as conciliators), the government and Labour have finally reached an agreement on the consequential adjustment of other wages following the implementation of the enhanced minimum wage of 30, 000.

“we are working on the communique,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/breaking-fg-reaches-agreement-with-labour-over-implementation-of-new-minimum-wage.html

https://punchng.com/weve-reached-agreement-on-minimum-wage-keyamo-labour/

The only Labour leader was Adam Oshiomhole. Others are after their pockets
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by jonnyjustcome22: 6:52am On Oct 18, 2019
Labour that can only bark but can not bite
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by adeniyisamuel59(m): 6:53am On Oct 18, 2019
Oluwabusobomi:

Haa! That's too bad.
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by jonnyjustcome22: 6:53am On Oct 18, 2019
Labour my foot
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Collyno82(m): 6:53am On Oct 18, 2019
silverkings:
E concern u??
e concerns my Nairaland brother,,,
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Zicoayomi(m): 7:02am On Oct 18, 2019
does this apply to NYSC
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by valuedammy(m): 7:04am On Oct 18, 2019
How many times will this people reach agreement?
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 7:04am On Oct 18, 2019
Dreal1247:
Immediately the industrial action was averted, I knew that it won't stand again. When the minimum wage was #18,000.00, a bag of rice was about #6,000.00. Now at #30,000.00, a bag is sold at #27,000.00. Meaning that one just works for a bag of rice in a month, no ingredients. God will help us.

Do you eat a bag of rice in a month?

2 Likes

Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by adeniyisamuel59(m): 7:05am On Oct 18, 2019
espeeroke:

It is worrisome. Level 12 step 2 officer under CONPSS earn about #85,000 monthly. With 16% increase, he goes for #98,000. Just #13,000 raise.

Meaning that, the salary can only buy 3 bags of rice/month with #8,000 ingredient.
Too bad.
Can you help me to shed light on this, an officer of level 8 with N122,000 without pension deduction of every month of N23,000, though not knowing the basic salary, how can I calculate the commensurate increment with 20% increase.
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by Dreal1247: 7:08am On Oct 18, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Do you eat a bag of rice in a month?
Meaning?
We are talking of the reality of what a common man stands to suffer.
Re: New Minimum Wage: FG Reaches Agreement With Labour Over Implementation by daddy001: 7:09am On Oct 18, 2019
adeniyisamuel59:
Can you help me to shed light on this, an officer of level 8 with N122,000 without pension deduction of every month of N23,000, though not knowing the basic salary, how can I calculate the commensurate increment with 20% increase.
The above percentage is not applicable to paramilitary officers but for CONRAISS,CONPSS,CONTISS , CONHESS ,CONPCASS(Polytechnic/College) only.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Inauguration This Picture Explains Buhari Struggle ( Photo ) / Dino Melaye Resumes School At Harvard University, Boston USA / Lanre Razak Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.