Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,986 members, 7,866,709 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:19 AM

Drinking Alcohol And Dress Code For Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Drinking Alcohol And Dress Code For Christian (712 Views)

Can Drinking Alcohol Stop A Genuine Born Again; From Making It To Heaven? / What The Bible Says About Drinking Alcohol (wine) / Alcohol And Immorality By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drinking Alcohol And Dress Code For Christian by 4one9: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2010
been wondering about the issue of alcohol drinking, smoking and dresscode for both men and women. although the topic has been argued over and over again so many times by ppl but i am still not convinced by the response i got so i jst need enlightened mind to throw more light on these issues. my own take is that
drinking; any drink that contain alcohol shouldnt be taken as xtians except used for health conditions, tho no body prays to have d kind of illness that will require takin of alcohol(ppl has so many opinion on this all welcome). but i also thot that the holy communion wine we take contains a little bit of alcohol so?
dresscode; its been argue dthat women shouldnt wear mens clothin and viceversa but how do we differentiate btw mens clothin and womens clothing? ok if we say that men wear shirt and trouser (includin our african dress code too)and women wear blouse and skirt or watever where in the bible does it say this is how a man should dress and d way a woman should dress? d reason for the queston is cos d bible says men should use/dress like a woman and vice versa
(some ppl opinion are to dresslive as God led u and also to dress/live in d way that wouldnt mislead other ppl)
convincing and concise response welcome.
Re: Drinking Alcohol And Dress Code For Christian by ogajim(m): 12:34pm On Nov 09, 2010
Where is it stated in the Bible that Christians shouldn't drink alcohol or alcoholic beverages?
We must be very careful when we follow what others do or preach without verifying that with the Holy Scriptures.

(1) (Reply)

Why Quote From The Bible Even Though You Believe It's Corrupted? / Showrooms, Office Spaces, Banking Halls, Warehouses, Shops, Flats, Duplexes, Det / I Love Jesus- Son Of Mary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.