Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday (14811 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 85th Birthday With Novelty Match (Video, Photo) / Igbinedion’s 85th Birthday: Obasanjo Arrived In A Gold Rolls Royce / Throwback Photos Of Professor Wole Soyinka As He Celebrates His 85th Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by RealityShot: 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2019
Leo588:
WHEN GOWON WAS 31 YEARS BUHARI IS 39, NOW GOWON IS 85, PLS HOW OLD IS BUHARI NOW!!!?!

IF X=31year in 54yrs ago
Find Y, in 2019

Mathematicians Cowbell Quiz
how do you know that 31 and 39 yrs thing?
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Techsunny: 7:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
Abdul05:
Gowon was a soldier not a political statesman. He was very simple.He was faithful to the Northern and Western masters including chief Awolowo not like Ojukwu who arrogated all power,will,decision, and direction to himself. I wish you long life ..happy birthday to you sir.
Idoit
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by mechanics(m): 8:02pm On Oct 18, 2019
Wow, what a good way to remember someone that has served his country to the very best.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Surveyoruzoma: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
I don't why God still keep you alive after killing innocent people during Biafra civil war this is one Nigerian you fight for
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Tolani1122(m): 8:42pm On Oct 18, 2019
My fellow Nigerians do you guys eat rice or cook rice at home , I bought Nigeria rice 1 Congo , cooked 2cups , I no eat one quarter of 2 cups, Na so so sands , and I wash am well before cooking, I hope buhari too dey eat Nigeria rice , infact buhari no go make heaven if him no dey eat Nigeria rice

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by gidgiddy: 8:44pm On Oct 18, 2019
Gowon stands along Idi Amin of Uganda, Mengitsu Haile of Ethiopia as one of the biggest mass-murderers ever produced in Africa

Yakubu Gowon caused the Nigerian civil war by not keeping to the agreement he signed in Aburi, Ghana.

I laugh when people say Gowon fought for Nigerian unity. Gowon fought for the political and economic domination of Nigeria for his fellow Northerners.

Gowon is a man caked in evil, he is still listed as one of the biggest mass-murderers to come out of Africa and thats why he has never received one single international award.
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by femolii: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
youngprofdguru:
Happy birthday Alhaji Yakubu Gowon. Many more years ahead for you sir. You were a good military leader and we celebrate you today sir. More blessing sir.
Thank you but Gowon is not Alhaji, Gowon is a Christian.
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by duke24: 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
God punish that general for supervising a genocide against a section of the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Generalyemi(m): 9:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Johans1991:
God bless Gowon. You really show us that no nonentity can divide this country. Let's come together to build a prosperous Nigeria.
Gowon is really a living LEGEND

if Soviet Union and others like Korea can dissolute and dissolve, Nigeria na pauper
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Johans1991: 11:32pm On Oct 18, 2019
Enculer:

Nigeria is finished. Only a matter of time.
we av been hearing that chorus since 1967. No evil will succeed
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Johans1991: 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2019
Princedapace:

That one no mean, any one can afford any woman as long as u have money. I Dey bang hausa, Yoruba, igbo, effik. The more money u have, the more women u have. More over, northern nigeria is the poorest region in Africa. So they have lesser men who can afford any woman than other regions. North has highest number of out of school children, highest poverty level, highest number of crime rate, insecurity, community clashes, highest number of beggars, highest number of extremists, highest number of kids who fail waec, highest number of jobless and unemployed youths, highest number of death, your region relies on quota system to survive, else the region will disappear. It was due to the poverty rate of the region that they had to create a separate scheme since they don't have the mental strength to compete with the rest of Nigeria. It is a shame to come from that region, sincerely.
then why are your people running to the north. Check d number of northerners in d east compared to d number of Nyamirees in d north. Your region is Dubai of Africa ,yet you cannot stay in it.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by viviangist: 12:12am On Oct 19, 2019
9jaBlogger:
President Muhammadu Buhari has felicitated with Nigeria's former head of state and one of the living, General Yakubu Gowon as he turns 85 years tomorrow, Saturday, October 19, 2019.

In a statement obtained by Igbere TV issued by Femi Adesina, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Buhari described Gowon as a living legend and symbol of national unity.

He extolled the celebrant for his courage and interest in the “interest” of Nigeria, saying his (Gowon’s) visionary leadership style, wisdom and disciplined outlook had kept the country as one.

According to Buhari, Gowon laid a solid foundation for the country to thrive, with the creation of federating units, and implementation of futuristic policies like the famous NYSC.

He, therefore, commended the former head of state for “providing wise counsels to leaders, encouraging good governance in Nigeria, and for consistently upholding the nation in prayers.”

A copy of the statement issued by Femi Adesina, on behalf of Mr President, is reproduced below by Igbere TV...

http://igberetvnews.com/1075724/youre-living-legend-buhari-tells-gen-yakubu-85th-birthday/

Congrats Gowom .... You are a Living Legend .... and One Guy is saying that Buhari is a Living Scarecrow

Buhari's Top friends will be like ....

Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by OgaBuhari: 4:08am On Oct 19, 2019
isthatso:

gowon is a christian
lol true. he's not even a core northerner, he's a middle beltan from Plateau.
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by OgaBuhari: 4:08am On Oct 19, 2019
Enculer:
Gowon led the greatest genocide in Africa.
shut up there osu
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by OgaBuhari: 4:09am On Oct 19, 2019
Donkalio:
The Ijaw ethnic Nationality, congratulate/celebrate you, as you mark your birthday.
The ijaw ethnic nationality see you as one of their own, when the igbos came to intimidate and possess our land with the so called Biafra country, the ijaw Nation ( lead by Isaac Adaka Boro) joined the Nigerian forces to sweep them out.
as in eh the way igbos used that opportunity to grab lands and killed minorities wasn't funny at all
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by OgaBuhari: 4:11am On Oct 19, 2019
kingkuntaval:
What of you Buhari... Living Disgrace.
OSU can your father rule this country?
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by OgaBuhari: 4:12am On Oct 19, 2019
duke24:
God punish that general for supervising a genocide against a section of the country
shut up stop talking rubbish
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Enculer: 4:35am On Oct 19, 2019
OgaBuhari:
shut up there osu

Are you a Yoruba demon? Or a northern slave or an Islamic demon?
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by OgaBuhari: 4:41am On Oct 19, 2019
Enculer:

Are you a Yoruba demon? Or a northern slave or an Islamic demon?
I'm proudly a Niger Deltan from South South and God will continually bless Gowon for liberating and coming to save us when the wicked igbos grabbed our lands and killed our fathers during the war

1 Like

Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Princedapace(m): 5:04am On Oct 19, 2019
Johans1991:
then why are your people running to the north. Check d number of northerners in d east compared to d number of Nyamirees in d north. Your region is Dubai of Africa ,yet you cannot stay in it.

There are many Americans in Dubai, there are many Chinese in America. Yet, these countries are strongest on earth. Do u know why they go to these places as well even though their countries are doing fine? To want to make more money and conquer. No region in Nigeria is Dubai anything. I never said east is developed. East is not developed and no region is developed in nigeria. But my people lobe to work instead of beg. And also, u are wrong, there are millions of northerners in the east. There are many communities u will get to in Enugu, IMO, Anambra, Ebonyi and u would think u are in the north. The major tribe in Nigeria that I know that rarely travel out of their region is south west.
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Johans1991: 7:59am On Oct 19, 2019
Princedapace:

There are many Americans in Dubai, there are many Chinese in America. Yet, these countries are strongest on earth. Do u know why they go to these places as well even though their countries are doing fine? To want to make more money and conquer. No region in Nigeria is Dubai anything. I never said east is developed. East is not developed and no region is developed in nigeria. But my people lobe to work instead of beg. And also, u are wrong, there are millions of northerners in the east. There are many communities u will get to in Enugu, IMO, Anambra, Ebonyi and u would think u are in the north. The major tribe in Nigeria that I know that rarely travel out of their region is south west.
how many American did you see in Nigeria?stop deceiving yourselves.
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Princedapace(m): 9:22am On Oct 19, 2019
Johans1991:
how many American did you see in Nigeria?stop deceiving yourselves.

Americans can't come here because we are under developed. That igbos are in the north does not mean north is developed. It is the poorest region in Africa. The figures are there. No region in nigeria is developed. Igbos only go and hustle. They don't like to beg.
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by Oceannaagent: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2019
hello
Re: Buhari Celebrates Yakubu Gowon On His 85th Birthday by gidgiddy: 9:00am On Oct 29, 2019
I'm just happy that Gowon lived long enough to see the "one Nigeria" he fought for become porverty capital of the world

At least he knows he fought for nothing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate confirms AMCON, FIRS Board members / SERAP Gives FG 7 Days To Disclose Spending Of Recovered Abacha Loot Since 1999 / Olawoyin Magaji Is Dead! Kwara Assembly Majority Leader Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.