Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,662 members, 7,809,503 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:39 AM

Can Life Get Any Clearer Than It Is Right Now? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Can Life Get Any Clearer Than It Is Right Now? (297 Views)

Tech Internships Vs. Full-time Jobs: Which Is Right For You? / Where Legitimate Wealth Is Right Now And How To Get It / Digital Marketers, Just How Much Funding Is Right For Your Next Campaign? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Life Get Any Clearer Than It Is Right Now? by adonisechi: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
Greetings Nairalanders!
I'm a regular visitor on this forum and never felt a need to open an account since my 4 years of frequenting here. At least I just did today; and that is because something has been troubling my mind. I just thought it wise to seek advice from all kinds of people over here; warts and all.
Forgive the typos, my tenses and all.
I'm presently in my 3rd year in an Eastern University studying Statistics. I took JAMB 3 times applying for medicine and later got Statistics. Out of boredom I decided to go for it because I was so tired of staying at home then and was desperately eager to leave home. Mathematics was my worst subject in secondary school; I was one of the best in all other subjects but that tedium of having to stay at home for another year should I decide to ignore the admission didn't allow me to analyse the situation critically. Left home, even as some relatives never supported that decision because I wasn't known as someone who could process numbers easily but words. To cut the long story short, first year wad awesome. Second year's result took me off balance and I saw myself in 22.
3rd year's first semester result just came out and my God! out of 6 courses I failed 4; passed two with Ds.
Can't blame this on lack of preparation. In fact, I've never prepared for an exam in my life like the way I did for that exam but I still failed woefully. Truth is no matter how hard I read I just can't understand numbers and calculationd but words are easy got me to comprehend.
As we speak I just don't have the courage to go for classes; I sunk into a deep depression ever since the notice board told mr that tragic story!
I'm on the horns of a dilemma; I'm thinking of writing another JAMB and applying for medicine which I'm sure I can get it this time around or to stay here and try to come out with a Second class lower. I failed a prerequisite course which means I just got myself an extra year.
Sorry for the long epistle but I really need advice from you all!
Once again, please ignore the typos, bad grammar and wrong punctuation. I just had to type this asap
I look forward to reading your comments with regards to my plight.
Thank you
Re: Can Life Get Any Clearer Than It Is Right Now? by myke92(m): 1:50pm On Oct 21, 2019
Even if you still wish to study Medicine, I'd suggest you first finish the statistics you have already started and almost through with.

Don't give up so easily.
Re: Can Life Get Any Clearer Than It Is Right Now? by temb: 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2019
K
Re: Can Life Get Any Clearer Than It Is Right Now? by NL1960: 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
adonisechi:
Greetings Nairalanders!
I'm a regular visitor on this forum and never felt a need to open an account since my 4 years of frequenting here. At least I just did today; and that is because something has been troubling my mind. I just thought it wise to seek advice from all kinds of people over here; warts and all.
Forgive the typos, my tenses and all.
I'm presently in my 3rd year in an Eastern University studying Statistics. I took JAMB 3 times applying for medicine and later got Statistics. Out of boredom I decided to go for it because I was so tired of staying at home then and was desperately eager to leave home. Mathematics was my worst subject in secondary school; I was one of the best in all other subjects but that tedium of having to stay at home for another year should I decide to ignore the admission didn't allow me to analyse the situation critically. Left home, even as some relatives never supported that decision because I wasn't known as someone who could process numbers easily but words. To cut the long story short, first year wad awesome. Second year's result took me off balance and I saw myself in 22.
3rd year's first semester result just came out and my God! out of 6 courses I failed 4; passed two with Ds.
Can't blame this on lack of preparation. In fact, I've never prepared for an exam in my life like the way I did for that exam but I still failed woefully. Truth is no matter how hard I read I just can't understand numbers and calculationd but words are easy got me to comprehend.
As we speak I just don't have the courage to go for classes; I sunk into a deep depression ever since the notice board told mr that tragic story!
I'm on the horns of a dilemma; I'm thinking of writing another JAMB and applying for medicine which I'm sure I can get it this time around or to stay here and try to come out with a Second class lower. I failed a prerequisite course which means I just got myself an extra year.
Sorry for the long epistle but I really need advice from you all!
Once again, please ignore the typos, bad grammar and wrong punctuation. I just had to type this asap
I look forward to reading your comments with regards to my plight.
Thank you

The lack of career Guidance and Counseling officers in secondary schools is the cause of this. I was not good in reading subjects but very good in mathematical subjects. I was being pushed to go and read a reading course in university but the Guidance and Counseling officer in my school then changed all that. The woman help and saved many of us then that were confused on the courses to choose. There was no internet penetration then to even do a search or do a research.

You delayed in taking the decision you want to take now. A course in the medical or biological sciences would have been the best then. Find out if you can do a departmental or faculty transfer to the medical or Biological sciences so that when you complete that, you can use it to go for Medicine.

(1) (Reply)

Occupational Health & Safety Training / Agricultural Economics Master Program / The Pros And Cons Of Influencer Marketing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.