Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:58 AM

Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday (17255 Views)

Second Niger Bridge Julius Berger Made Provision For Train Tunnel(video) / Julius Berger Switches On The Streetlights On The Second Niger Bridge (Pictures / Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by dre11(m): 3:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
The ongoing reconstruction of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway is to be extended from Magboro to Punch section of the road by Monday, according to an official of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC).

The Ogun State Sector Commander of the FRSC,Mr.Clement Oladele told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ota.

That stretch of the road covers 1.3 kilometers.
The rehabilitation work will cause a temporary diversion of Lagos bound traffic to the Sagamu bound carriageway from Magboro to Punch.

“This temporary diversion of traffic will transfer the Lagos inbound traffic to the same carriageway conveying traffic outward Lagos thereby making both the traffic inward and outward Lagos accommodated on the same section of the expressway within the 1.3 kilometers stretch of the road from Magboro to Punch in Ogun State,” Oladele said.

The sector commander advised motorists to take note of the development and plan their trips by allowing more time to their traveling time, in view of the construction work that would narrow the carriageway which may impair traffic.

“Motorists are also enjoined to observe lane discipline and avoid driving against traffic, as violators risk impoundment of their vehicles and liable to payment of N50,000 naira traffic fine,” he warned.

The FRSC boss cautioned motorists to drive within the maximum speed limit of 50km per hour, the maximum speed at construction zones as prescribed by the National Road Traffic Regulations, 2012, to avoid road crashes.

Oladele, however, commended the public for their patience and cooperation, adding that they still have to bear with the inconvenience the temporary diversion might cause.

He also implored motorists to continue to cooperate with the FRSC and other traffic and emergency agencies that would be strategically deployed to control the diverted traffic around the rehabilitation sections.

The sector commander said that motorists observing traffic emergencies could contact the FRSC toll free number 122.

There is currently a partial closure of the Lagos end of the expressway to allow for reconstruction work on the 600-metres stretch between Ojodu Berger and the beginning of Kara Bridge.

https://thenationonlineng.net/julius-berger-to-divert-another-section-of-lagos-ibadan-expressway-monday/

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by solmusdesigns: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2019

If only Obasanjo was this usefull to us in Southwest

I hope he gets barred from using this road

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Gabson006: 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
Get ready!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Goldenheart(m): 7:18pm On Oct 18, 2019
Abeeeggiii

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Queenserah26(f): 7:19pm On Oct 18, 2019
Another temporary diversion grin Okay o

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by iCauseTrouble: 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
But when will they finish the road? They have been doing this road more than 20 years

9 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by wwwihy: 7:20pm On Oct 18, 2019
channelads:
We keep fixing the same roads year in year out. undecided

See my siggy for business Promotions on social media
It is total reconstruction. Not repairs

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Sirvolga(m): 7:21pm On Oct 18, 2019
So so diversion and confusion

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Horbar1: 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
We're waiting.
Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Jabioro: 7:22pm On Oct 18, 2019
Another traffic pain is about to be added to already saturated one... Odikguwe..

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Ngirima: 7:24pm On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
If only Obasanjo was this usefull to us in southwest
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by femijay8271(m): 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
that place traffic enh, no b here at all
Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Afamed: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
channelads:
We keep fixing the same roads year in year out. undecided

See my siggy for business Promotions on social media
Do you know the section of the roads atall?

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Afamed: 7:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
Jabioro:
Another traffic pain is about to be added to already saturated one... Odikguwe..
No pain ,No gain
Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Femich18(m): 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2019
More Traffic congestion loading. This is another opportunity for my colleague to come late to work all in the name of road construction as if they don't construct roads where most of us stay

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by bigdammyj: 7:31pm On Oct 18, 2019
iCauseTrouble:
But when will they finish the road? They have been doing this road more than 20 years

Serious reconstruction started in 2015

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Emmanitebest: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
YOU WANT TO RUN ADS ON YOUR BUSINESS by

Advertising it on;
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram and
Google

DM me on +2347063781702
Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Jabioro: 7:36pm On Oct 18, 2019
Afamed:

No pain ,No gain
Yeah you're absolutely right..I spent 3hours on long bridge on Tuesday...

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by SolarHub(m): 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2019
How long would this project be completed
Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Sheriman(m): 7:56pm On Oct 18, 2019
kelvinUchiha:

grin
Guy you must be a Madman

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by VivyZub(f): 8:47pm On Oct 18, 2019
Affordable children educational android tablets. Please go through my thread for pictures, functions and specifications and please check my signature for contact
Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Teewhy2: 8:52pm On Oct 18, 2019
The truth is that the contractor is not human sensitive. They aren't working fast at the places they are working and keep dividing other areas to cause hardship so that the government can release money to them.
The government also on the other hand are playing politics with the road.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Ngirima: 8:58pm On Oct 18, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

If only Obasanjo was this usefull to us in Southwest

I hope he gets barred from using this road

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by obiekunie2: 9:07pm On Oct 18, 2019
I take God beg those wey know to pls tell me:

THIS LAGOS IBADAN IS IT UP TO 2000 KILOMETERS?

Why i dey ask be say:

FOR OBASANJO GOVERNMENT THEY WHERE FIXING LAGOS IBADAN!

FOR GOODLUCK GOVERNMENT THEY WHERE FIXING LAGOS IBADAN!

FOR BUHARI GOVERNMENT THEY ARE STILL FIXING LAGOS IBADAN!

Abeg the road cover the whole of Nigeria??

pls am asking for a nephew! cheesy
Re: Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday by Hthaovic(m): 9:28pm On Oct 18, 2019
This is a wrong time to divert Magboro to Punch. Kara to Berger diversion is there adding hours to just 20minutes drive. So you are coming up with another one. God pass you

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

80 Days Across West Africa: #jollofroad; A Z!KOKO Road Trip / 50 Nigerian Migrants Rescued In The Mediterranean By Libya’s Coastguard / Which West African Countries Do You Prefer Except Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.