Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,678 members, 7,823,915 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? (718 Views)

Register For Free And Get $4,500 In Your Bank Account Instanta. Its Real!!! / 11.4K Likes Facebook Page For N6,000 / Finally My Alexa Has Gone Below 500 In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by bug24(m): 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2010
Webmasters, Una go fear na.

imagine i just got off a hot meeting now with an oil servicing coy here in PH, my coy is trying to do their website for em, a CMS for that matter and imagine what they are pricing? N50k

They said some two people like that gave em a quote for 20k, and i was like, W, T, F

I told em, we go fit pity them for 80k or notin, last of the gist is, we no get the job cos freelancers like this one wey i dey post dem pix and link here don poison dem mind.

wetin we go do these hungry mushrooms now?

see this site for example: www.web4allproject.com/

Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by WebMonk(m): 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2010
Can't be helped man. Or rather, we'll just have to wait till clients know better and truly wise up.

Was in a similar situation. Had a meeting with the coy (I was referred to), and after the usual Q & A and seeing my past works, they started asking for demo, as there were other 'designers' who would be designing something to present. Great.

I calmly told them that I don't do demos, as nothing designed on the spot would beat a design that is well informed, and that I would simply send them my proposal, highlighting the benefits of choosing me (for which i added a CMS and some value adding modules for their biz)

Long and short, I haven't heard from them, and I don't expect to, as given how unregulated and unrecognized our industry is, someone will bid so low and bring out something instantly gratifying they will almost rather work with that and 'spread the wealth'. Sadly, that never works long term. Why they would rather go through the same process again a few months later (we need a new website, the last one doesn't cut it), is beyond me. The last designer, who holds access control to the hosting server that has their emails, is unreachable (wonder what that tells me?)

Just one of those things.
Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by bug24(m): 4:30pm On Nov 09, 2010
@webmonk,

every thing u said here brov was what happened in that meeting today. lol, twas like u were in that meeting with me,

i told em they were dealing with a coy here, not just a coy, one that has policies and we dont do demos,
commit us, we do the job, u dont like d design, we re-do it, till u are satisfied then we proceed with the job,

their problem actually was that the guy who hosted their previous site was no where to be found and all their important emails are hooked up there with no way to retrieve em, i just told em, once beaten, they need to be twice shy. let em go and hook up with the 20k budgets, we dont bloody care.
Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by lagoshost(m): 11:40pm On Nov 12, 2010
Only God can help us.

Do you know that In computer Villa, they even do it for less.
Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by canachy(m): 4:27pm On Nov 22, 2010
@bug24,

I understand your case. But the truth is that in the market, anybody has got the right to fix whatever price anybody likes. But all I can tell you is to set your own standards and stick to it. Do not be dismayed at another man's pricing.

BottomLine, the market is too large. These guys (webforallprojects or whatever) charge 6k, you charged 80k, some other guys will even charge 500k or more, but at the end of the day, everybody will still get clients so RELAX.
Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by utimatedes(m): 5:13pm On Nov 22, 2010
These set of people are information marketer, they are not web designer. They buy templates in bulk and use it for project by just changing the text, images and logo and within 3hrs, they have finish their project.

They don't have credibility and they fold up within a short period of time.

You can see one of the company new: http://bestsoftnigeria.com

They claims to accept credit card which they don't have merchant account for such payment.
Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by DualCore1: 5:20pm On Nov 22, 2010
Canachy, been a while you showed up here. Welcome back. Bug, sorry o, na so we dey see am, I was refered by a client in ph to another still in ph. The guy mailed me. We got talking and I stuck to my quotation after 30 conversations via mail. Time for him to pay mobilzation I told him I wasn't coming to his office to collect cash cuz he wasn't going to pay for the time spent in transit and I could use that time a lot better (I fit use am solve bug or slam babe). He had to send someone to the bank. Finished his site and in his mail of appreciation he said his friend told him I am a very stubborn person but if he follows me bumper to bumper he won't get frustrated and will certainly get a good job.
Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by bug24(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2010
Stubborn, lol
Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 5:31pm On Nov 22, 2010
lagoshost:

Only God can help us.

Do you know that In computer Villa, they even do it for less.

You can get it for 5k or less in computer village.
Re: Domain Name, Web Hosting And Design For N6,500 ? In Nigeria? by canachy(m): 6:51pm On Nov 22, 2010
Dual Core:

Canachy, been a while you showed up here. Welcome back.

Thanks Brother Dual. Am back for gud.

(1) (Reply)

?how Do I Determine My Web Designing Proficiency? / Feedback Please / Mtn Fastlink Modem For Sale Anyone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.