Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,712 members, 7,955,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:43 PM

Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him (15785 Views)

Kogi Lawmakers Endorse Yahaya Bello For Presidency / Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor / Simon Achuba Impeachment: Kogi Lawmakers In A Bribery Scandal - Observerstimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by Chukwurah003: 6:46am On Oct 19, 2019
Corruption is the foundation on which PDP is built.
Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by aliscomonaj: 6:50am On Oct 19, 2019
No my brother. My beloved state is in jeopardy
BUSHHUNTER:
Please is there any sensible politician in Kogi?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 19, 2019
mercyvivv:
Though I'm not in support of the Kangaroo law of Bello and his minions in the state house of assembly, but on observation, I think reports of investigative panels are not usually binding on the legislators. It is among the process for impeachment but that doesn't mean the House must abide by the findings of the panel. The law presupposes that after the submission of the report, the House votes to take a stand to either uphold the panel report or dismiss it. In this case they chose to dismiss! Sorry Achuba, politics is a game of numbers. You can't eat your cake and have it.
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details

The only time the house is allowed to vote is if the panel finds him guilty.
Hope this helps

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by Lamar009(m): 6:52am On Oct 19, 2019
potent5:
APC is party of HOOLIGANISM built on PROPAGANDA and sustained by FALSEHOOD.
And PDP is what? No sane party in this country. You either belong to one or leave politics for people playing it.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by abraham01emma01: 6:53am On Oct 19, 2019
What Union light have with darkness.
In this era no more truth.
Trying to saying the truth they will Slutter( murdered) you.
Many had silently gone in this era of Buhari and Bello when they trying to saying the truth in particular Kogi state.
Many wrong things are going on but they considered right, no regard for the rules of law.
May God delivered us

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by barinedan(m): 6:56am On Oct 19, 2019
kogi is the real definition of a confused state

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 19, 2019
Risingblue008:
Whr can I get grasscutter meat to buy?thank u
Check aso rock
Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by Xano(m): 7:38am On Oct 19, 2019
Documents available to The Nation, however, revealed that contrary to the decision of the lawmakers, the seven-man panel had cleared Achuba before his purported impeachment.
The panel headed by Baiyeshea had said that the allegations against Achuba had not been proved, saying there was no basis for the removal of the deputy governor in line with the 1999 Constitution.
It said the salaries of the deputy governor were not paid since February 2018

Corrupted lawmakers

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 19, 2019
mercyvivv:
Though I'm not in support of the Kangaroo law of Bello and his minions in the state house of assembly, but on observation, I think reports of investigative panels are not usually binding on the legislators. It is among the process for impeachment but that doesn't mean the House must abide by the findings of the panel. The law presupposes that after the submission of the report, the House votes to take a stand to either uphold the panel report or dismiss it. In this case they chose to dismiss! Sorry Achuba, politics is a game of numbers. You can't eat your cake and have it.
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details
Go and read ur constitution and stop thinking.
The constitution says they should act on the panel report. This is to prevent a legislative gang up against a governor. Thus, if the panel absolves him, then he stands absolved. The house can't wish the panel away

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by Born2Breed(f): 7:42am On Oct 19, 2019
The DG should seek redress from the court.

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by SolarHub(m): 7:53am On Oct 19, 2019
Ok

kindly check my signature
Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:55am On Oct 19, 2019
mercyvivv:
Are you a teacher?
by your logic there was no need to do the panel then... this is why democracy is a stunt here... d guy should head to court... similar case happen in ondo and adamawa wer d deputies removed were reinstated by court

2 Likes

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by viviangist: 8:00am On Oct 19, 2019
No comment for now !!!

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by dochenaj: 8:13am On Oct 19, 2019
olaboy33:
This is to show they acted under the directives of Yahaya Bello.

Yahaya Bello has no business being a governor.
It's left for the people of kogi to decide.
If you think it is in the hands of the people, you need to wake up to reality.

The people have no say in Nigerian politics.

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by fykes(m): 8:30am On Oct 19, 2019
Those who has their kernel cracked by a benevolent spirit, should not forget to be humble...

Yahaya Bello has never been a reader.

Achebe must have had him in mind.

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by senatordave1(m): 8:31am On Oct 19, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
by your logic there was no need to do the panel then... this is why democracy is a stunt here... d guy should head to court... similar case happen in ondo and adamawa wer d deputies removed were reinstated by court
Bello acted foolishly on this matter.since he has picked another deputy,he should have just allowed the man to serve out his tenure and renegotiate his allowance.
Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by rolams(m): 8:32am On Oct 19, 2019
GYB- Governor Yaya Bello

GYB- Goodbye Yaya Bello!

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by olaboy33(m): 8:35am On Oct 19, 2019
dochenaj:

If you think it is in the hands of the people, you need to wake up to reality.

The people have no say in Nigerian politics.

Go to Kwara.
Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by moderatedguy: 9:27am On Oct 19, 2019
olaboy33:
This is to show they acted under the directives of Yahaya Bello.

Yahaya Bello has no business being a governor.
It's left for the people of kogi to decide.
Massive rigging aided by INEC wont allow the peoples will prevail......its a hopeless situation.

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by jamace(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2019
It is not surprising that the house of assembly impeached the deputy governor against the recommendation of the panel, because the house of assembly has not forgotten how Gov Bello sent THUGS to the assembly to beat up the members, and nothing happened till date.

The fear of Gov Yahaha Bello's thugs is the beginning of wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by sammhi(m): 10:10am On Oct 19, 2019
mercyvivv:
Are you a teacher?
Did you go to school ? Or you are one of Bello numerous Gf online to support evil
You either mischievous or just plain ignorant
How can you say the HOA have right to accept or reject th panel report ? So what's essence of the panel ? Formality or due process or both
Since you don't know it is both ...it is for formality and due process . The Panel report is basis for impeachment or not . That's the legal basis for it
The deputy Gov will go to court and it would be quashed .

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by potent5(m): 10:43am On Oct 19, 2019
Lamar009:

And PDP is what? No sane party in this country. You either belong to one or leave politics for people playing it.
Is PDP is the only other party abi? Go siddon jooorr.

1 Like

Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by dochenaj: 4:15am On Oct 20, 2019
olaboy33:
Go to Kwara.
You think that was the people? Lol
Re: Panel’s Report On Simon Achuba Shunned By Kogi Lawmakers Before Impeaching Him by honcdm01(m): 11:10am On Oct 20, 2019
This is the height of stupidity and arrogance..playing to the gallery will not save the theif and underperforming Governor Bello..how can you induced your law makers to impeach your deputy even when the panel gave him clean bilk of health? So disheartening that some youths support the so call Mediocre governor..#SomeKogiYouthsMumuNeverDo

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ighodalo Congratulates APC, Labour Candidates, Calls For Issue-Based Campaigns / Man, 22, To Die By Hanging For Stealing N955, 600. / How Fayose's Friendship With Buruji Kashamu Crashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.