Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,614 members, 7,827,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:24 AM

N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop (1331 Views)

How To Get N200 For Free On Opay (N100 Airtime + N1000 Data Worth) / How To Get 1GB (gig) For N200 On 9mobile / How To Claim Ntel Wawu SIM 12GB For N1000 Data Offer 2018 Cheat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Nobody: 5:37am On Oct 19, 2019
Last Sunday I charged N1000 for 1 GB data (valid 30days with free video stream between 1am and 5am) on 9Mobile then I only checked my email and online bank account, then the data exhausted within approx. 2hours. just by thethering to check emails on laptop.

Just before I charged the #1000, I had charged #200 for 150mb (valid 7days) but it almost immediately exhausted after a few mins.

Went to 9Mobile office and they say nothing could be done. I am very disappointed.

What can be done?

1 Like

Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by edoairways: 5:40am On Oct 19, 2019
There where many applications running at the background of your laptop. Probably updates on your windows

3 Likes

Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by AdeniyiA(m): 6:48am On Oct 19, 2019
GenBuhari:
Last Sunday I charged N1000 for 1 GB data (valid 30days with free video stream between 1am and 5am) with on 9Mobile checked email and online bank account, then the data exhausted within approx. 2hours. just by thethering to check emails on laptop.

Just before I charged the #1000, I had charged #200 for 150mb (valid 7days) but it almost immediately exhausted after a few mins.

Went to 9Mobile office and they say nothing could be done. I am very disappointed.

What can be done?

1GB on laptop? What do you expect., laptops gulp and eat data, esp if you have not been connecting it to the internet recently
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by ken6488(m): 6:50am On Oct 19, 2019
I suggest you download a good firewall
That how i survive with my pc
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by maynation(f): 7:06am On Oct 19, 2019
I need help on this too.

My PC gulps data a lot, I have surfed the internet and haven't really found a useful tip.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by madridguy(m): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2019
Windows PC?

maynation:
I need help on this too.

My PC gulps data a lot, I have surfed the internet and haven't really found a useful tip.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Doughboysss: 7:24am On Oct 19, 2019
Its a common issue with windows 10. Whether you turn off automatic updates, it still updates when connected to the internet.
Not only you but around d world people r also complaining. You can't turn off automatic updates. very annoying.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by maynation(f): 7:24am On Oct 19, 2019
madridguy:
Windows PC?

I don't understand.
Is there any other computer operating system apart from the window??
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by maynation(f): 7:25am On Oct 19, 2019
Doughboysss:
Its a common issue with windows 10. Whether you turn off automatic updates, it still updates when connected to the internet.
Not only you but around d world people r also complaining. You can't turn off automatic updates. very annoying.

I downgraded one of my PCs to window 8 and it still consumes way too much data.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by ken6488(m): 7:37am On Oct 19, 2019
maynation:

I downgraded one of my PCs to window 8 and it still consumes way too much data.
lol i have a firewall application install i only decide the application that use my data
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Kaybaba5(m): 8:33am On Oct 19, 2019
I use window 10 and my data is saved
What I did was to put on the meter network and it will stop unnecessary updates. Just try it and it would put stop to it

1 Like

Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 19, 2019
Yes it is.
But even so is 1GB not too much even for automatic update ?
Besides, I used data-saving data that does not allow any downloads (which must include windows update unless using WiFi).
Surely thethering on my phone is not considered WiFi.
The data usage for the recorded on the laptops (or was it my phone?) shows thethering only used 91mb over the last 30 days other apps used about 10mb over the same 30 days.
So where did my my 1.15GB go to ?

Is it not obvious that these mobile network are using any excuse including thethering on computers to extort enormous charges unreasonably?
What can be done?

I have had issues with MTN, Airtel and Glo before deciding to give 9 Mobile a try it would appear all the main network are all up to the same tricks and running a cartel to extort as much money as possible out of Nigerians.

Is there any honest networks that actually honestly gives the airtime and data advertised for the money?
Instead of EFCC chasing yahoo boys upandan, they should look into the corrupt practices of mobile network companies operating in Nigeria.
madridguy:
Windows PC?

Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 19, 2019
madridguy:
Windows PC?

Can you imagine the damage the prohibitive data cost is doing to competitiveness of our businesses in the international global economy?

In most of the world outside of Africa, you pay the equivalent of N5000 and have virtually unlimited super high speed data for a month.
I kid you not .
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by dustmalik: 9:25am On Oct 19, 2019
It's common on Windows 10 because you can't turn off automatic updates. To prevent such from happening, just set all your WiFi connections as metered, that way, automatic updates won't happen.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 19, 2019
What is the most trustworthy mobile network company?

Is broadband better for saving data whilst thethering with computers?

Has anybody used 9mobile #1000 deal with free videos 1am - 5am; how have you found it?
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by ZAWs: 12:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
If you're using windows 10, then you're on a long tin.
As it forces unnecessary updates
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Ahmedona: 12:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
Windows update. Disable automatic video download over Wi-Fi.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by generationz(f): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2019
maynation:
I need help on this too.

Turn on metered connection on your laptop. It's in the settings.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by generationz(f): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
Whoever chooses to use 9mobile in Nigeria must be a billionaire.

On 9mobile 27.5gb costs 18k.

On airtel, 15k will give 75gb.
20k will give you 110gb - 120gb.

This isn't even when you use the double data sim.

Mtn and 9mobile are ripping Nigerian off.

1 Like

Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by madridguy(m): 1:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
Am asking if its windows 10 or 8. I know windows 10 can drain data due to many updating of its app

maynation:

I don't understand.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by tenmariner: 2:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
maynation:

I don't understand.

Yes..aside windows, we also have Linux, Unix, macOS etc...but windows 10 major drawback has been draining data all in the name of updates. If u are on windows 10, click the windows button together with R..scroll down to Windows update and disable it..not a 100% solution but it does help.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Barryseal: 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2019
Windows 7 ultimate still remains my favorite OS.
I loose 2Gb in less than 20mins if I teether to my Win10 PC. Have tried disabling OTA updates but to no avail.
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Donkelzy(m): 4:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 19, 2019
is broadband cheaper, ? Are there any advantages?
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by LowerPriceData0(m): 9:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
GenBuhari:
Last Sunday I charged N1000 for 1 GB data (valid 30days with free video stream between 1am and 5am) on 9Mobile then I only checked my email and online bank account, then the data exhausted within approx. 2hours. just by thethering to check emails on laptop.

What can be done?

Sorry Sir. Contact Me I can Offer you Best Price for 9Mobile Data.... For benefit of doubt I will give you advantage "Pay After Receive Data"
O7O3876I654
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Nobody: 2:34am On Oct 20, 2019
GenBuhari:
somebody please answer this question
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by Nobody: 2:35am On Oct 20, 2019
GenBuhari:
somebody please answer this question
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by FREELANCERSAMM: 6:45am On Oct 20, 2019
dustmalik:
It's common on Windows 10 because you can't turn off automatic updates. To prevent such from happening, just set all your WiFi connections as metered, that way, automatic updates won't happen.

U can tweak it with shut-up windows 10. And off windows updates

Google about it
Re: N1000 Data On 9mobile Finished Just By Thethering To Check Emails On Laptop by NigeriaRadioOnl: 9:49am On Oct 20, 2019
maynation:

I don't understand.
Linux

(1) (Reply)

The Xiaomi Thread Closed / Meet The Nigerian Google Assistant. / Vivo V19 Neo Price And Specs In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.