Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,168 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor (38329 Views)

Court Orders Kogi To Pay Simon Achuba, Impeached Deputy Governor N180m / Simon Achuba Impeached By Kogi State House Of Assembly / Simon Achuba To Sue Yahaya Bello Over N819m Unpaid Salary, Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Ategberoson(m): 1:22pm On Oct 19, 2019
this useless Synergy that existed in average Nigerians mind but can't be found in Democratic law is really appalling

imagine lawmakers that ought to be keeping the executives on the check made themselves a tool in the hand of these executives

if the essence of this legislature in Democratic system of govt really have it takes in Nigeria, yahaya bello ought to have long being impeached and the illegal impeached deputy should have been sworn in but so unfortunate the complainant became the accused because the system is corrupt

inside life
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Livefreeordieha(m): 1:31pm On Oct 19, 2019
gimmehear:
Edward Onoja replaces Simon Achuba as Kogi Deputy Governor

The running mate to Governor Yahaya Bello in the November 16 governorship election for Kogi State, Edward Onoja, will be sworn in on Saturday as the new Deputy Governor of the state.

NAN reports that a seven-member Judicial Panel of Enquiry was set up by the State Chief Judge, Justice Nasir Ajanah, on August 26 to investigate the allegations of gross misconduct leveled against erswhile deputy governor Simon Achuba.
Chairman of the panel, Barrister John Baiyeshea, flanked by six other members of the panel, submitted the report to the Speaker, Prince Matthew Kolawole, at plenary.

Receiving the report, the Speaker, Matthew Kolawole, expressed appreciation to the chief Judge for appointing men of proven integrity as members of the panel.

Kolawole explained that the task of ensuring good governance required collective efforts of all, and thanked the members for the timely presentation of the report.

“We shall go into the reports thoroughly, look into the recommendations and do justice to it,” saying that the committee had gone into the annals of history in Nigeria as the first to perform a thorough work devoid of interference.

In his remarks, the Deputy Speaker of the House, Ahmed Mohammad (APC- Ankpa I), said the exercise followed due process and thanked everyone for being responsive to the development of Kogi.

NAN reports that the committee which was inaugurated on August 26 with a 90-day duration within which to complete the assignment and submit it’s report, completed the job in 49 days.

https://www.gbetutv.com/replaces-simon-achuba-as-kogi-deputy-governor/
lol.. Funny country
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Flyingngel(m): 1:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
Kogi people don suffer.
I can tell you that this unholy marriage will be more troublesome than the former.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by noxcuse4failure: 1:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
kiss kiss
vibbb:
Ok, Edward Onoja replaces Simon Achuba as Kogi Deputy Governor. If the deputy Gov. Can be impeached just wondering why the Gov. him self is still on that seat considering all the accusation with fact and evidence against him.

#YeyePoliticians.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Sonoyom(m): 1:42pm On Oct 19, 2019
Impunity is now everywhere in Nigeria, Baba's greatest achievement

1 Like

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by iyatrustee(f): 1:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Even as Chief of Staff, Onoja was more powerful than the deputy governor!

He is in charge of all the okene "boys" and those boys will go all the way out to ensure they win......no need saying Kogi will be hot for the November elections.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Chongaiman: 1:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
Chai! What is this claptrap about Igala being the majority ethnic group in Kogi? Who will believe what we have seen? An Ebira governor changing his Igala deputy like underwear? Notin Akpan no go see for kitchen.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Kennitrust:
Handsome guy but na brain matter most
you've ready made the comment I had in mind. The guy looks exactly like my immediate younger brother, the difference is my bro looks a bit slimmer smiley.

By the way, the crises has already torn the party apart. The deputy is an igalaman who has lots of supporters. I hope yahaya bello wont regret this .

1 Like

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Wickedtruths: 1:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
Kogi is hopeless for the next few years. Pdp presented an idiot, we can all see how poorly Bello has been.

Voting out Bello shows that incompetence and wickedness shouldn't be rewarded.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Impregnablefolk: 2:03pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ategberoson:
this useless Synergy that existed in average Nigerians mind but can't be found in Democratic law is really appalling

imagine lawmakers that ought to be keeping the executives on the check made themselves a tool in the hand of these executives

if the essence of this legislature in Democratic system of govt really have it takes in Nigeria, yahaya bello ought to have long being impeached and the illegal impeached deputy should have been sworn in but so unfortunate the complainant became the accused because the system is corrupt

inside life
Abeg help me tell them! Yeye country!
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:28pm On Oct 19, 2019
seunmsg:
James Faleke’s decision to turn down the offer of becoming Yahaya Bello’s deputy was a great one. This is what would have happened to him.

The Kogi State house of assembly knew the impeachment of the deputy governor cannot stand judicial scrutiny but they still carried on with it because they knew there won’t be consequences for their legislative rascality.
Funny enough you will stil campaign for Bello in the upcoming election as far as he is in APC,so why the complains?

1 Like

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by content208: 2:33pm On Oct 19, 2019
rheether:
His loyalty have been rewarded.

Yeah, his loyalty was rewarded via injustice. I'm sure injustice is cool with you
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by seunmsg(m): 2:35pm On Oct 19, 2019
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Funny enough you will stil campaign for Bello in the upcoming election as far as he is in APC,so why the complains?

In terms of actual performance, he’s not different from Ortom, Ikpeazu, Dickson, Okowa and other useless governors that got re-elected.

If his people decides to re-elect him, I won’t abuse them the same way I didn’t abuse the people of Benue, Abia, Bayelsa, Delta etc for re-electing failed governors.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by MrALIVE: 2:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
Handsome man with a very ugly heart

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Two unelected people governing a state. Na wao for kogi.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Drsheddy(m): 2:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
Behold the young Nigerian that keeps tarnishing the image of Nigerian youths

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by BBBmall25: 2:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
Kennitrust:
Handsome guy but na brain matter most
The Man Is Photogenic Not All That Hansome In Real Iife. One Thing I Like About Him Is Generousity. He Love His Community With Great Passion. And He Is A Very Smart Politician Emoyoku/Ogugu Community_ I Was There

1 Like

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Playthepianos: 3:41pm On Oct 19, 2019
MEANWHILE,

Hi. I can help you create and design a good-looking website, and guide you on how to be successful and make money through AdSense and other means, all at an affordable price of 3,000 Naira. Don't worry, your payment is after my service. DM me on WhatsApp 09031821332 for more info if interested.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by awuf2008: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2019
Onaja end will not be palatable.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Halo22: 5:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
Nawaoooo..... The way this Bello is having his ways in Kogi. But if I was the deputy, I would proceed to court immediately to secure an injunction against their action.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Valkrie: 6:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Johnnyessence(m): 6:05pm On Oct 19, 2019
Kogites remove Yahaya Bello by your votes
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Legendguru: 7:39pm On Oct 19, 2019
Oh
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by alltrust(m): 9:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
TooMuchStuff:
Na so Cultists finally took over Kogi government house.
God save the people

True talk!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Mummymahdi(f): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2019
Smartini:
grin grin grin You'll be the deputy governor for just one month, hopefully. Kogi State deserves better than that idiot Yahaya Bello.

PS: I'm not affiliated to any political party. I just hate the glaring ineptitude of Bello

and u are right
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Themato: 10:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
[quote author=fairfora post=83276676] you've ready made the comment I had in mind. The guy looks exactly like my immediate younger brother, the difference is my bro looks a bit slimmer smiley.

By the way, the crises has already torn the party apart. The deputy is an igalaman who has lots of supporters. I hope yahaya bello wont regret this . [/quote

He's also an Igala man.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 20, 2019
[quote author=Themato post=83289712][/quote] I know. But you'd agree with me that... best is better than second best...that's the way igala people dey reason right now, dem don put party mata for one side sef.
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Southsoul: 2:39am On Oct 20, 2019
I am seeing many people saying onoja is one month deputy... He has been deputy all along unofficially...
Just like if they remove mere commissioner in ass-hole lock from VP post now and put the likes of hell rufai,Abba kyari,funtai,babangana kingibe & mamman daura as VP...you think its new...they have been unofficially acting there...
Onoja is been rewarded for loyalty of providing backup for yahaya bello ineptitude governance,supporting evil & help in enslaving the kogites.....
Above all,all this won't be if asshole lock(seat of power) didn't give them support grants of 10 billion
Re: Edward Onoja Replaces Simon Achuba As Kogi Deputy Governor by Themato: 1:54pm On Oct 20, 2019
fairfora:
I know. But you'd agree with me that... best is better than second best...that's the way igala people dey reason right now, dem don put party mata for one side sef.
God will see them through Brother, I have no stake but I just pray against any form of violence, Kogi people no dey hear word.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abubakar Chika Adamu Withdraws From Re-election In 2019 Due To Corruption / Asking Us To Disobey Buhari’s Directive On Ballot Box Snatching Unfortunate- Arm / Roland Igbadumhe 'Youngest Old Man' Joins House Of Representatives Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.