Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,019 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Before You Buy Land By Instalment, This Is What You Need To Know. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Before You Buy Land By Instalment, This Is What You Need To Know. (555 Views)

Ikorodu Road Land by Odo iyalaro bridge. 550sqmt @ Maryland / Berry Court Estate Opic Isheri Dry Land With 3 Years Instalment Payment Plan / Man Surprised With 2 Plots Of Land By A Guy He Helped With School Fees In 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Before You Buy Land By Instalment, This Is What You Need To Know. by Legalolumoran(m): 8:23am On Oct 19, 2019
If you intend to buy land through instalments,

Please do not bite more than you can chew

Do not pick a plan just to hold 'down' a spot, without making careful calculations (at least)

It's advisable to plan only on your most assured income (i.e default income)

..because even assured income can be taken away by unforseen contingencies sometimes,

Let alone, when one banks on hopes.

In most arrangements, during installation, a buyer DOESN'T OWN any land.

If a buyer falls by the road side, it's only a plus for the developer.

It's touching that a lot of people have had their funds tied up for years of getting stuck, developers will turn over the money and not give you interest of course.

Eventually, if you care to get a refund, you have lost time, your money most likely would have lost value, and then you won't get full payment.

Also, some instalment plans arrangements have hidden terms which by implication can make the buyer lose certain percentage monthly once there's default.

Always get your lawyer to proofread essential legal documents for you.

..because certain words carry meaning beyond English interpretation.

Here's my 2 kobo.

Invest wisely.

==============
To connect with me ? Follow link to my Facebook community.

https://www./1835791493361053/

(1) (Reply)

House To Let In Osapa / Dry Land For Sale / 13 Plots Of Land Facing The Express

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.