Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,185 members, 7,825,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 09:13 PM

Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? (716 Views)

‘it’s My Trademark’ — ‘ELUU P’ Originator Warns Against Use Of Slang / Yoruba The King Of Warfare . Element Of Surprise Unleashed In Lagos / If You Are Yoruba Please See This Before Rejoicing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? by helinues: 11:25am On Oct 19, 2019
Let me be presice with these 2 only.

The talking drums and Bata.. Are the Yoruba the originators? Why are they not common in other regions or outside Nigeria?

@ lalasticlacla , mnyd44

Re: Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? by gloriaunobi(f): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2019
The first one is common in land
Re: Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? by nlPoster: 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2019
You're asking because?
Re: Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? by olawalepopoola: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Yes they are. Go to Ayans and they will tell you the history

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? by RevengeNimi(m): 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2019
Watin cozan me with drum matter...

Me that I'm looking for a woman to Wilsonise this night...

Re: Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? by nlPoster: 3:54pm On Oct 19, 2019
There's a name for drum families in Yorubaland, cant remember it at the moment, maybe Ayan?
Re: Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2019
Of course we invented it, along side many other musical instruments.
Agidigbo, a thumb piano instrument wound round the neck and stabilized by the player's chest.
Dundun, consisting of iya ilu or gbedu, main or "mother" drum and omele, smaller drums, played as an accompaniment to bata drums to create a base for their sharp beats,

1 Like

Re: Are Yoruba's The Originator Of These Drums? by helinues: 7:13pm On Oct 19, 2019
nairalandposter:
There's a name for drum families in Yorubaland, cant remember it at the moment, maybe Ayan?

You mean Ayangalu

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Ututu Oma, Otolo Na Kitikpa Gbagbue Buhari / Farook Kperogi: Professor Of Fake News / I Saw In A Revelation That Nnamdi Kanu Will Be Rewarded This Year - Prof. David

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.