Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,524 members, 7,819,886 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:02 AM

Scam Alert, Bad Losses In Bad Economy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Scam Alert, Bad Losses In Bad Economy (314 Views)

EFCC: There Is Nothing To Hide, Your Drama is in Bad Taste - Anambra Govt / Abdulaziz Naibi: Homosexuality Causes Insurgency, Kidnapping And Bad Economy / A Magistrate Court In Eastern Nigeria In Bad Condition (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Scam Alert, Bad Losses In Bad Economy by TingSpace: 2:56pm On Oct 19, 2019
…°

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but i would be doing more harm than good if I stay mute about it.
How would it sound to your ears if I should tell you that your email is onsale along with your other private information on the internet.
I can tell you that more than 50% of nairaland users, instagram, twitter users emails, and private information are on sale right on the internet.
Privacy, security is an illusion.

If you doubt me lets go on a little adventure.
If you're an android user open your file manager,
Tap on options or the three vertical or horizontal dots (...)
Tap on show hidden files and folders.
If youre a good hunter your eyes should see some files like .srcmid, sysid.dat, turing.dat etc in the dcim folder or android folder.
IPhone users are not left out, your Apple juices are there.
I don't want to push this post more than I can bear but if you're very adventurous you can scan some files on the dr web online scanner (thats if you can see them).

Do you know that almost all financial security systems in the world has been hacked?
Ofcourse the blockchain technology, hmm.. right now its the most secure technology and also a new system which the U.S plans to adopt into all its government systems and digital processes. It is theoretically the non-hackable system which needs a Quantum supercomputer for it to be hacked, and to which the device is not yet in existence.
Do you know what I believe? "There is nothing in these world that was created by man that can't be spoofed" my fellow app and web developers in the house will agree with me on that.

Now lets come back to Nigeria.
BVN, this is a system that was forced down the throats of Nigerian bank users.
Now heres the information about the BVN that was sold to us.
The BVN is a biometric system used to identify bank users and curb illegal transactions and money theft.

The Benefits

BVN gives a unique identity that can be verified across the Nigerian Banking Industry (not peculiar to one Bank)
Customers Bank Accounts are protected from unauthorized access
It will address issues of identity theft, thus reduce exposure to fraud
The BVN will enhance the Banking Industry chances of being able to fish out blacklisted customers
Reduce queue in Banking Halls
Standardized efficiency of Banking operations
The Customers unique BVN is accepted as a means of identification across ALL Nigerian Banks.

But do you know what? I have read more money theft, unauthorized fund transfers, illegal transactions on the news since the introduction of the system.
I'm not trying to mock or criticize the system because i'm sure its not the only flawed system I can point to.
The U.S social security number is also not very competent in safety of users funds.

Now what am I saying? You should be very very..... safety conscious with your digital life.
But where is the fun in that? If we tend to worry about everything we do, there would be no time to enjoy the precious moments from the gift of life right?

Well, Here's the little precautions we can take.

�️ If you use an android, iPhone or laptop computers to do sensitve tasks create two users if not three, one for important tasks and the other for chatting and whatever pleasures you may enjoy but the admin account should be dormant.
…~

Re: Scam Alert, Bad Losses In Bad Economy by TingSpace: 3:16pm On Oct 19, 2019
� Get two bank accounts one with ATM and the other without.
Transfer money to the account with ATM when needed.
If possible get a China small phone ( those loud ones without Java support ) do all financial transactions on it and keep the Sim linked to the main account without ATM inside the China phone or at home in Some cases.
Keep your BVN far away from prying eyes.

�️ For guys that do most transactions online my advice may be simply complicated.
For laptop users, install a Linux OS on your laptop for safety and perform all transactions on your browser in incognito mode.
If you can't go through the hassle of installing a new OS on your laptop then i would advise you to use Dr Web security software or bitdefender.
And install every possible adblocker plugin for your browser you can ever get your hands on.

� Now for users of the sweet lollipop devices, I can remember the marshmellows even the oreo's and so on.

I have just a few tips
Install UC browser for strong adblocking or firefox browser then install ublock extension on firefox and stop clicking anyhow links.
You mustnt install a malicious app before you can get infected
Always use a VPN for online activities.
For any other security tips
Contact tingspacecare@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Scam Alert, Bad Losses In Bad Economy by TingSpace: 3:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
Just recently someones nairaland account was hacked including whatsapp accounts.
scammers, hackers are not sleeping so we shouldn't be careless.
Protect yourselves the much you can.
No system is perfect!

(1) (Reply)

The Dice Is Still Rolling By - Yusuf Mubaraq Authority / Less Busy Dino Melaye Leads Praise And Worship / Femi Falana; Sowore Meets Bail Condition. To Be Freed Later Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.