Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,270 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) (23341 Views)

My Personal Experience At Apple Junction During Peter Obi's Rally / Uzodinma Gives Out 2,700 Phones & Cars At The Hope For Imo Concert (Pix) / See Why They Nicknamed Governor Okowa Of Delta State "The Road Master" (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:35pm On Oct 19, 2019

By TonyeBarcanista

When Imo state Governor, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, was inaugurated in May 29 this year he told the people of the state that the damage done by his immediate predecessor and now senator Rochas Okorocha, was more than pathetic. I assumed that he was exaggerating the situation on ground considering that he was of different political platform with Okorocha and it is the norm of people of opposing political parties.

On Friday, October 18, I, along with delegation from PDP New Media Team, set out on a journey from Abuja to Owerri to honor the funeral of late Social Media personality, Stanley Nwabia in his hometown in Mbaitoli, Imo state.

In the course of the journey, I was welcomed to Kogi state by some terrible roads but I wasn't surprised, because I never expected to see something better than what I always see when plying that route. To me, Kogi has the worst road in Nigeria but... I was wrong!

Entering Imo state was pathetic. Every road and feeder roads in Imo state are eyesore and in complete ruin. Even the tunnel that I had blindly praised Rochas for after seeing it on TV and social media, was highly dilapidated and a death trap that every vehicle avoided except ours. The most shameful sight is World Bank Road- that road is complete ruins and not motorable. Meanwhile, the most disgraceful is the road leading to "Peoples House", this is because one ordinarily expect that such a road should be of world class but it wasn't. All the so-called road projects that Okorocha's propagandists parade on social media and newspapers are complete fraud. There is no single road in Imo state with good drainage system and no single road that is without potholes dragging space with vehicles.

Indeed, Imo state has the worst drainage system in Nigeria and no provision for waste disposal - No wonder Governor Ihedioha vowed to rid the state off dirt and waste that littered everywhere.

I have always held the opinion that Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has no business in government house but now I'll say that he is miles better than Rochas' eight years as Governor of Imo state. I am not a fan of President Muhammadu Buhari style of administration but it is better for one to entrust his business to Buhari than to Rochas Okorocha - He is that bad!

Some readers may think I'm sounding this way because I am a PDP member, but that narrative isn't correct. I have never ceased from singing the praises of Rotimi Amaechi for some of the works he did as Governor of Rivers state, my home state despite him being of APC.

Honestly, I pity Governor Emeka Ihedioha, he is a governor that inherited all-round problem from his predecessor, he has so much work to do. He's so unlucky to be elected Governor of Imo state at this time, he is in for real work, I honestly don't envy him! But that is what service is all about, he has no other business to do than to work and deliver- that is the reason he's a leader!

Most importantly, I pity Imo people for being subjected to eight years of Okorocha, I can't help but wonder how they were able to survive under his administration. I really sympathise with Ndi'Imo!

Fortunately, Governor Ihedioha has always maintained and shown by his actions that he is ready for the challenge. Indeed, he has started well and I pray God grants him the wisdom and strength to turn Imo state around for the good, the better and the best. Amen!

I appreciate, Hon Izuchukwu Akwarandu, SA New Media to Imo state Governor, and members of his team for their hospitality; Mr Kingsley Ohen, President of United Patriots of Nigeria and entire members of UPN for always checking on me; Barr Tony Ehilebo, Coordinator of PDP New Media Team and entire members of PDP New Media Team for brotherly cohesion, and entire members of Nairaland family.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
Inioribo Tamunotonye @TonyeBarcanista,
PDP New Media Team and National Publicity Secretary, United Patriots of Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Ecoplexus: 6:39pm On Oct 19, 2019
Rochas should be chilling in kirikiri, but this is Nigeria, where anything goes.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by KingAzubuike(f): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
The best performing state in the SW outside Lagos can't even be compared to the least performing state in the east.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by helinues: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ibeberism master.. you see your life outside?

5 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by abumeinben(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Bros come to Ota.

The same road that routes through Canaan land to Benin Republic

Sad

24 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Kendumazy(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ok
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Slawormir: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
Stop complaining my real niggarrr

Bad road is just everywhere

Edo state is worse

3 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by helpmyministry: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
What a day
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by NOC1(m): 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2019
My last visit to that state some weeks back made me cry, businesses are going down because of infrastructural decay, once it rain stay back wherever you are.
From the Airport to the hotel - my parents house no good road.
From concord road to ikenegbu was impossible after it rained.
We wanted to go out after it rained the Hotel management have to tell us to please stay back or we go to some close by outlets just because it rained, they told us that if we leave for ikenegbu we will regret it.
I

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by maxiuc(m): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
cheesy

We don't drive our cars out these days

Bad roads everywhere

13 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Decolonel(m): 6:45pm On Oct 19, 2019
It's quite obvious that the south east people are cursed with bad leaders.

They should take a cue from South south

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Garang1: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Sad one
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Josnac(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Lol..
Chief TonyeBarcanista, your write up is good. But I implore you to take a trip to Abia State..you'll undoubtedly praise Rochas and give IMO under him a pass mark.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Harlem2(m): 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:
The best performing state in the SW outside Lagos can't even be compared to the least performing state in the east.

I am sure you are typing with tears
It is well cry no more
Chai.i remember when imo people dey hype this man

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Biritiko: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Decolonel:
It's quite obvious that the south east people are cursed with bad leaders.

They should take a cue from South south
Lol

3 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2019
Rochas is a criminal

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by helinues: 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
abumeinben:
Bros come to Ota.

The same road that routes through Canaan land to Benin Republic

Sad

Lol

From Sango to Idi Iroko na dead traps roads.. But to be honest apart from blaming the past Ogun state governors, we must also blame the people there for continuing voting for people that always neglect them but remembers them during elections

14 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Mariangeles(f): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
Roaches cockorocha was the worst thing that ever happened to Imo state .
He's nothing but a liar and a wicked man.
An empty barrel that makes the loudest noise.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by chigoziri2403(m): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
That tunnel in owerri, is a death trap, a disaster waiting to happen

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by ThunderTrail(f): 6:47pm On Oct 19, 2019
TonyeBarcanista:

By TonyeBarcanista

When Imo state Governor, Chief Emeka Ihedioha, was inaugurated in May 29 this year he told the people of the state that the damage done by his immediate predecessor and now senator Rochas Okorocha, was more than pathetic. I assumed that he was exaggerating the situation on ground considering that he was of different political platform with Okorocha and it is the norm of people of opposing political parties.

On Friday, October 18, I, along with delegation from PDP New Media Team, set out on a journey from Abuja to Owerri to honor the funeral of late Social Media personality, Stanley Nwabia in his hometown in Mbaitoli, Imo state.

In the course of the journey, I was welcomed to Kogi state by some terrible roads but I wasn't surprised, because I never expected to see something better than what I always see when plying that route. To me, Kogi has the worst road in Nigeria but... I was wrong!

Entering Imo state was pathetic. Every road and feeder roads in Imo state are eyesore and in complete ruin. Even the tunnel that I had blindly praised Rochas for after seeing it on TV and social media, was highly dilapidated and a death trap that every vehicle avoided except ours. The most shameful sight is World Bank Road- that road is complete ruins and not motorable. Meanwhile, the most disgraceful is the road leading to "Peoples House", this is because one ordinarily expect that such a road should be of world class but it wasn't. All the so-called road projects that Okorocha's propagandists parade on social media and newspapers are complete fraud. There is no single road in Imo state with good drainage system and no single road that is without potholes dragging space with vehicles.

Indeed, Imo state has the worst drainage system in Nigeria and no provision for waste disposal - No wonder Governor Ihedioha vowed to rid the state off dirt and waste that littered everywhere.

I have always held the opinion that Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi state has no business in government house but now I'll say that he is miles better than Rochas' eight years as Governor of Imo state. I am not a fan of President Muhammadu Buhari style of administration but it is better for one to entrust his business to Buhari than to Rochas Okorocha - He is that bad!

Some readers may think I'm sounding this way because I am a PDP member, but that narrative isn't correct. I have never ceased from singing the praises of Rotimi Amaechi for some of the works he did as Governor of Rivers state, my home state despite him being of APC.

Honestly, I pity Governor Emeka Ihedioha, he is a governor that inherited all-round problem from his predecessor, he has so much work to do. He's so unlucky to be elected Governor of Imo state at this time, he is in for real work, I honestly don't envy him! But that is what service is all about, he has no other business to do than to work and deliver- that is the reason he's a leader!

Most importantly, I pity Imo people for being subjected to eight years of Okorocha, I can't help but wonder how they were able to survive under his administration. I really sympathise with Ndi'Imo!

Fortunately, Governor Ihedioha has always maintained and shown by his actions that he is ready for the challenge. Indeed, he has started well and I pray God grants him the wisdom and strength to turn Imo state around for the good, the better and the best. Amen!

I appreciate, Hon Izuchukwu Akwarandu, SA New Media to Imo state Governor, and members of his team for their hospitality; Mr Kingsley Ohen, President of United Patriots of Nigeria and entire members of UPN for always checking on me; Barr Tony Ehilebo, Coordinator of PDP New Media Team and entire members of PDP New Media Team for brotherly cohesion, and entire members of Nairaland family.

May God Bless Us All and Bless Nigeria
Inioribo Tamunotonye @TonyeBarcanista,
PDP New Media Team and National Publicity Secretary, United Patriots of Nigeria

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Runaway: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
We are the problems of the politicians instead of telling them fail to tell them the truth, we are are busy clapping for them...

4 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Betakeshi: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
Ok
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Luckysbab: 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
But when PDP starts blaming the past administration for their own ineptitude, you will also join mouth abi,?

No wahala; make the Ihedioha resign. Na simple sturvs

8 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Champele(m): 6:48pm On Oct 19, 2019
My guess is this; Tonye went to Imo with his PeopleDestroyPeople cartel for burial of a member. After the burial, Emeka invite them for dinner. After the dinner, Emeka did what is normal for them 'share the money' policy. After the policy, his boys secured a good room in one of the numerous 3star hotels attracted by Rochas infrastructure regime for Tonye, With some IMSU runs girl's to service him. The next morning, Tonye felt like he just went to heaven and come back. Now, like lion approaching a goat, with his phone he need to do the needful. Your guess is as good as mine. We know how they run their game. Next time Tonye, show some pictures. You can go into some dirty street and pretend it is world Bank or Douglas road. Olodo!

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Offpoint1: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
o
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by ClitRaider: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
Barcanister is back!!
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by maskid(m): 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
Smh
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by Charmhive: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
Join our project team as a Field Rep and earn up to N100,000 monthly by acquiring users for a tech product in your area...

Reps with exceptional results, get extra pay monthly.

Join Here: https://forms.gle/TTEgw4VYCtyGwzcMA

NB: Limited slots available!
Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by allandutch: 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
KingAzubuike:

And you actually think you have brain.

11 Likes

Re: State Of Imo State: The Bad, The Worse And The Hope (My Personal Experience) by shamecurls(m): 6:49pm On Oct 19, 2019
Imo state is in fast retrogression.

It is a concluded case of fry-pan to Hell fire

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Protests In Owerri, Calls For Reverse Of Supreme Court Judgment / Agbaje Blasts Tinubu: Pharaoh, Let My People Go / I Killed Soboma George With The Rifles He Gave Us:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.