Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,204 members, 7,825,773 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 (35628 Views)

Headies 2019: Reactions As Rema Wins Next Rated Award - Screenshots / BET Awards 2019 Winners (Full List) / See Full Winners List At Soundcity MVP Awards 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by rahztafari(m): 10:27am On Oct 20, 2019
When I saw that they picked AQ's Crown over YCee's Balance, I stopped enduring the boring show. I knew Rema would win, which explained why the award is now a BBNaija after party!!!

The only part that got me before I stopped watching was Wurld's performance. That guy is the next dude to blow, ahswear!!!
Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by pocohantas(f): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2019
Munzy14:

cheesy
Nairaland judges... lol

Just like the BB game, most of headies awards is from online voting... if you like sing and drop hit back to back, if you don't have the online crowd to vote, forget it.

Mavin has got the crowd, with DMW and few others.

This is y the Next rated, rotates between Mavin and DMW teams.
Besides rema is within the age range of most internet users, so most Will come through. Nothing like don jazzy effect, except the fact he has his million followers he can ask to vote.

When I say Don Jazzy effect, I mean he has the resources and talent to hype an average artiste- thus making them more acceptable and known.

I am not in anyway implying he rigged the votes. Thank you...

1 Like

Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by Frankiss44(m): 11:18am On Oct 20, 2019
SaintHilary:

Thats all that matters...You cant give someone an award because u think his future is bright

Well, the next rated is about the future.. You can't force them to change that...

1 Like

Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by MoIbrahim: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2019
Reason why Heady Award is being gradually snubbed. The ojoro doesn't always reflect the reality.

SaintHilary:
Its either they gave him the award cus he's the
most handsome in d category,

OR
Bcus he was the only *trending* celebrity available

OR
The Don Jazzy factor

My next rated raking goes thus..

■ Zlatan ◇ since last year deres no party u wont hear Zlatans song(s) Legwork, Shotan, AbleGod, Bolanle, This Year, Agege, KillinDem..Infact if you've tried dancing Zanku and u say Rema Deserves it You're Sick! undecided

■Joeboy ◇ Good lyrical Content

■Fireboy DML ◇ Good Vocal + Good Lyrical content

■Teni ◇ Its not a new fact that Headies doesnt knw what *NEXT RATED* means

■Rema ◇ Handsome, BoyDemSuga, but Dumebi Dumebi kpanakanisha nisha mona o..like who does that undecided

■Lyta ◇ [i]Ehm..Good night...

Tonight is all about the KING tho cool
Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by Flawlessangel(m): 12:39pm On Oct 20, 2019
vic17:
keep kwayet if u don't know what to say....are u God? Capital NO and who tell u kizz is hiting than reek....wait for reek album, kizz just droped his that's why

Let's just say I can recognize talent better than you.

And it is idiotic to think reekado is a bigger artiste than kiss Daniel today

Ask any show promoter who they would rather invite and am sure kiss Daniel would dominate 8/10 times

I am not God but these were guys o was rooting for in those years and low and behold they proved me right cos they ended up bigger than the next rated winner.

Let me give u a run down since Wizkid Era who I tipped

Wizkid winner
Burna didn't win
Davido winner
Patoranking winner
Kiss Daniel didn't win
The mister eazi year I had no one
Mayorkun winner
And now I tip fireboy. Didn't win

If I lied about this list. May I never see good things and these artiste turned out to be the biggest from their year

Refer to this post two years from now and let's see who's bigger between fireboy and Rema
Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by Kingrahmanumar(m): 12:49pm On Oct 20, 2019
For me every teni single was a hit and everybody could relate
Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by povicky1(m): 2:32pm On Oct 20, 2019
bigcil2:
undecided

Well it seems they should rename headies to
Jazzies or TheDonnies or DonJazzies awards.
Seriously it’s like this award was made for Don Jazzy.
Every time he has a new artist , no matter who the contender is , his person always wins. Yes he’s a prolific producer and all but ah ah!!! headies everytime
Dbanj
Wandecoal
Rekado Banks
Now Rema

I don’t like the way Zlatan sings or type of rap but that boy deserved the award.
When did Rema come into the music industry? 8 months ago? The track record of Zlatan speaks for himself

Stop saying what you can't prove, I agree there were people more deserving of the award, but don't take it too personal with Don Jazzy, he has nothing to do with this, last year, johnny drile was among the next rated, and till mayoukun won it, even though majority of people were vouching for the incredible Johnny drile to win it then,... By the way, johnny drile is in Don jazzy's record label.. . Incase you don't know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by povicky1(m): 2:41pm On Oct 20, 2019
fidelmarshal199:
He doesn't deserve it. Don jazzy got him the award the same way he got it for Reekado banks against Lil Kesh..... if the criterion for selection is lyrics, Fire boy and Joeboy are more lyrically oriented. If its fan base Zlatan and Victor Ad got more base.
On this note I condemned the award, I condemned Headies.

In fact I spit on the show

My friend, goan sit down one place... Look at your comparison self, do you even know the meaning of next rated, ?

The Next rated is all about Prospect, not just about their current rating, after about 4 years since rekado got chosen over lil Kesh, can you still say the award body, made a mistake by choosing rekadoo back then over lil Kesh, with their current performance in the industry...

Yes I'm not happy rema won it but likewise Zlatan also doesn't deserve it, yes he has the fanbase plus hits now, but can he survive the next 2years ...
Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by povicky1(m): 2:46pm On Oct 20, 2019
MrCounselor:

You wanted to drag her, right? As if she's in their league but the joke is on you...

She won it since Last year tongue

Mayorkun won it last year, teni won rookie of the year.
Re: Rema Wins '' Next Rated '' At Headies Awards 2019 by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 29, 2019
Flawlessangel:

Let's just say I can recognize talent better than you.

And it is idiotic to think reekado is a bigger artiste than kiss Daniel today

Ask any show promoter who they would rather invite and am sure kiss Daniel would dominate 8/10 times

I am not God but these were guys o was rooting for in those years and low and behold they proved me right cos they ended up bigger than the next rated winner.

Let me give u a run down since Wizkid Era who I tipped

Wizkid winner
Burna didn't win
Davido winner
Patoranking winner
Kiss Daniel didn't win
The mister eazi year I had no one
Mayorkun winner
And now I tip fireboy. Didn't win

If I lied about this list. May I never see good things and these artiste turned out to be the biggest from their year

Refer to this post two years from now and let's see who's bigger between fireboy and Rema
no one see kizz it was battle between reeky and kesh even the God win crooner stood a better chance than kiz that year

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Burna Boy Features Mother Bose, Sister Ronami Ogulu In “Way Too Big” Music Video / Janet Jackson's "Made For Now" Yoruba Dialet Infused / Ed Sheeran To Remix Fireboy’s 'Peru' (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.