Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,468 members, 7,958,424 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 02:08 PM

Even MTN Too??? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Even MTN Too??? (562 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Even MTN Too??? by sirmascot: 9:26am On Oct 20, 2019
Got this message from MTN and I weep for my country. Why do we like to suffer the masses with unnecessary burden? Using ussd code is now a crime? Why all this multiple forms of taxation? I'm just going to watch as things unfold. I know some die hard and dumb buharists will still jump here to defend the gullible human being. Increase minimum wage since na war, yet bringing in all forms to collect the little from the masses. Bring in all your excuses all ye modaf*ckers

Re: Even MTN Too??? by GuestLog: 9:27am On Oct 20, 2019
You see eh! Nigerians are one of the most difficult people on the planet. We are so divided that our voices can't be heard by leaders. Just squabbles and noise from every region.

Lebanese citizens spat fire on their government for simply taxing WhatsApp calls and the Christian government resigned.

Japan had enough oppression from China & took to the streets.

All around the world people are protesting against Unfavorable taxes and policies but in Nigeria we are divided by religion, region, tribe, language, class, age, connection and every other social vices known to man.

This is the same division stopped man from building the tower to heaven. If we can come together with one voice and say "enough"... All unfavorable taxation will cede.

If we keep silent, more tax avenues will emerge

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Even MTN Too??? by helinues: 9:29am On Oct 20, 2019
So the network providers are about to implements data taxation..

Choi..
Re: Even MTN Too??? by SarkinYarki: 9:31am On Oct 20, 2019
It's not MTNs fault but pressure from the govt .. the problem I have here is that USSD has never ever been free , we have always secretly paid for it so what new charge is MTN talking about

3 Likes

Re: Even MTN Too??? by sirmascot: 9:35am On Oct 20, 2019
SarkinYarki:
It's not MTNs fault but pressure from the govt .. the problem I have here is that USSD has never ever been free , we have always secretly paid for it so what new charge is MTN talking about
You are very correct..... Which means we are going to pay for the billions the federal government milked MTN few months ago. Crazy government. I mean this link below

https://www.ncc.gov.ng/stakeholder/media-public/news-headlines/553-press-release-ncc-mtn-has-paid-n275bn-sim-infraction-fine
Re: Even MTN Too??? by SarkinYarki: 9:37am On Oct 20, 2019
N
sirmascot:

You are very correct..... Which means we are going to pay for the billions the federal government milked MTN few months ago. Crazy government

We have already paid for that since , these new charges were ordered by the CBN at the behest of the Buhari govt
Re: Even MTN Too??? by myright: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2019
GuestLog:
You see eh! Nigerians are one of the most difficult people on the planet. We are so divided that our voices can't be heard by leaders. Just squabbles and noise from every region.

Lebanese citizens spat fire on their government for simply taxing WhatsApp calls and the Christian government resigned.

Japan had enough oppression to China & took to the streets.

All around the world people are protesting against Unfavorable taxes and policies but in Nigeria we are divided by religion, region, tribe, language, class, age, connection and every other social vices known to man.

This is the same division stopped man from building the tower to heaven. If we can come together with one voice and say "enough"... All unfavorable taxation will cede.

We are divided by tribe. We don't have a common goal.

2 Likes

Re: Even MTN Too??? by sirmascot: 9:42am On Oct 20, 2019
SarkinYarki:
N

We have already paid for that since , these new charges were ordered by the CBN at the behest of the Buhari govt
So what do we make of this charges? What's the reason behind the charges? How many forms of tax are we paying in this country

1 Like

Re: Even MTN Too??? by sirmascot: 9:45am On Oct 20, 2019
GuestLog:

Japan had enough oppression from China & took to the streets.

I agree with you... Very soon I see Nigerians coming together on a common ground.... Very soon. When we are pressed against the wall

1 Like

Re: Even MTN Too??? by SarkinYarki: 9:46am On Oct 20, 2019
sirmascot:

So what do we make of this charges? What's the reason behind the charges? How many forms of tax are we paying in this country

Our policy makers are just wicked ..it took years and years to get Nigerians to adopt USSD for financial transactions and now that it's succeeding they come with this hideous tax ..I fear this might kill USSD transactions

1 Like

Re: Even MTN Too??? by sirmascot: 9:52am On Oct 20, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Our policy makers are just wicked ..it took years and years to get Nigerians to adopt USSD for financial transactions and now that it's succeeding they come with this hideous tax ..I fear this might kill USSD transactions
You just finished the discussion..... End of thread.... lipsrsealed
Re: Even MTN Too??? by ursullalinda(f): 10:23am On Oct 20, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Thought I was the only one who got the message, our system is wack.... we accept anything witout question or protest

2 Likes

Re: Even MTN Too??? by myright: 11:10am On Oct 20, 2019
I just got another text message from mtn...chai

(1) (Reply)

7 Online Business Ideas That Could Make You Rich In 2020 / 9 Ways To Acquire Cash Through Instagram / Make Shipping Easier

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.