Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,322 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Unforgiveness Is A Barrier To Joy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unforgiveness Is A Barrier To Joy (185 Views)

These Three Church Leaders Were Bound For Hell Fire Because Of Unforgiveness / Unforgiveness: One Subtle Sin That Would Take Many Christians To Hell / How Dangerous Is Unforgiveness To A Christian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unforgiveness Is A Barrier To Joy by Righteousness89(m): 9:44am On Oct 20, 2019
[b]Matthew 18:21-35

21 Then came Peter to him, and said, Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? till seven times?
22 Jesus saith unto him, I say not unto thee, Until seven times: but, Until seventy times seven.
23 Therefore is the kingdom of heaven likened unto a certain king, which would take account of his servants.
24 And when he had begun to reckon, one was brought unto him, which owed him ten thousand talents.
25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.
26 The servant therefore fell down, and worshipped him, saying, Lord, have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
27 Then the lord of that servant was moved with compassion, and loosed him, and forgave him the debt.
28 But the same servant went out, and found one of his fellowservants, which owed him an hundred pence: and he laid hands on him, and took him by the throat, saying, Pay me that thou owest.
29 And his fellowservant fell down at his feet, and besought him, saying, Have patience with me, and I will pay thee all.
30 And he would not: but went and cast him into prison, till he should pay the debt.
31 So when his fellowservants saw what was done, they were very sorry, and came and told unto their lord all that was done.
32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Hebrew 12:14-15
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:
15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
[/b]

UnForgiveness is a Trap that the devil is using to ensnare many Christians today. It is true that many of us have been offended in Unimaginable ways.

Some of us have had our reputation soiled by lies of others which have caused heart break and Shame. Some have had their life savings stolen or defrauded by people they trusted and are now living in penury. Others have been denied critical help from people that could easily have given them that life saving Help in time of need.

No one can say that these things are not extremely painful especially when they were caused by people we trusted and loved.

The Truth is that inspite of the painful nature of these offenses, GOD ALMIGHTY has Commanded us to forgive our offenders unconditionally. He expects us to Forgive Irrespective of whether the offender deserves forgiveness or Not or even if the person is unrepentant. HE also does not expect us to seek revenge. HE forgave us all our sins not minding the grievous nature. HE is wiling to welcome the Vilest Sinner once he truly Repents. The Bible says HE forgave us while we were still sinners. What GE forgave us For cannot be compared to what others have done to us.

When we refuse to Forgive those who have wronged us, we are not only sinning against GOD, we are also harming ourselves. UnForgiveness breeds bitterness. There is no Happy Bitter Man/Woman. So you robbing yourself of joy with UnForgiveness. It has also been scientifically proven that UnForgiveness causes many physical ailments ranging from headaches to ulcers etc.

There is a Saying that UnForgiveness is like drinking poison and expecting someone else to die. We Must therefore forgive one another no Matter the offense.

FORGIVE and let GOD ALMIGHTY work out your vindication. Any other way will rob you of your Joy.
Re: Unforgiveness Is A Barrier To Joy by subtlemee(f): 9:47am On Oct 20, 2019
If you also bear grudges it hinders one's blessings
Re: Unforgiveness Is A Barrier To Joy by Righteousness89(m): 9:54am On Oct 20, 2019
subtlemee:
If you also bear grudges it hinders one's blessings
Definitely.. it hinders one physically, Spiritually, Emotionally and Eternally
Re: Unforgiveness Is A Barrier To Joy by KevMitnick: 10:34am On Oct 20, 2019
I like the way you all make it sound so easy. The truth is that you never know how much you can hold until you are dealt a sufficient amount of pain via betrayal. There are wounds that only time can heal. Lead us not into temptation is better than deliver us from evil. May God give us the grace to overcome.

(1) (Reply)

Rccg City Of David Atlanta's College Student Takes The Church Back To Africa / Church, bet9ja, nightclub and a typical naija sunday / "The Parable of the Tenants"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.