Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,927 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo (599 Views)

GTBank Hit By Mass Resignation, Mobile App & USSD Transaction Failures / Banks Now Charge N6.98 For USSD Transactions (Photo) / CBN Introduces N6.98 Charges For USSD Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by myright: 11:14am On Oct 20, 2019
I just got another text message from mtn. Chai! What do you guys think?

Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by nakaman: 11:18am On Oct 20, 2019
hope its only for mtn users
Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by slimderek(m): 11:19am On Oct 20, 2019
We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

Winston Churchill

3 Likes

Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by mgbadike81: 11:20am On Oct 20, 2019
Who else thinks that Nigeria is hopeless and better disintegrated?

1 Like

Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by mgbadike81: 11:21am On Oct 20, 2019
slimderek:
We contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.

Winston Churchill
I gave you a like for that quote.

1 Like

Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by SarkinYarki: 11:21am On Oct 20, 2019
nakaman:

For everyone , the order came from Buharis CBN
Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by SarkinYarki: 11:22am On Oct 20, 2019
slimderek:

Winston Churchill

You can only tax your citizens into poverty ..tax can never grow any economy
Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by LibertyRep: 11:26am On Oct 20, 2019
What is the justification for this at this moment?
Why is the government so insensitive?
Why are these people bent on removing every thing the poor man enjoys?

This next level is barely 6 months into its four years and the direction is very clear now.

VAT raised, tax on data, tax on online banking, tax on deposit, increased electric tarrif on top of estimated billings, toll gate is coming etc

Anything else?

The NASS should for once be on the people's side and halt this new provocative tax.
Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2019
nakaman:
Abi na. GLO no send that kind message

Buhari is hopeless!!!

Next level don set , more to come! Going, going...grin

1 Like

Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by seborrhic: 11:30am On Oct 20, 2019
Saw it too.
What I don't even get is the N4 per 20seconds transaction.
That is very exorbitant.
The ironic and mystifying thing about this policy that further confirms it's crass incompetence alongside the several failings of the CBN governor,is that they have severally said they want to encourage a policy shift towards cashless banking.
This charge is clearly an encouragement for people to runaway from internet banking and go back to the old ways of visiting banking halls,using cash and even returning to the purchase of recharge cards that I for one for eg,can't remember the year I purchased a recharge card last.

1 Like

Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by nakaman: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2019
SarkinYarki:

For everyone , the order came from Buharis CBN
hausa fullanis dont use ussd codes for transaction, it doesnt affect them. The western and southern state are responsible for paying the 30k minimum wage. they should take the much they can. BIAFRA IS COMING

2 Likes

Re: New Tax: Bank Customers To Pay N4 Per 20 Seconds For USSD Transaction. Photo by BuhariAdvocate: 11:49am On Oct 20, 2019
Buhari is everything to you guys. However i think these new appointed economics team should justify any action they will be taking. Nigerians cannot just be wake up and see different kind of tax reform without back it up.
Wiseandtrue:

Abi na. GLO no send that kind message

Buhari is hopeless!!!

Next level don set , more to come! Going, going...grin

(1) (Reply)

Extremely Rugged & Mobile Lithium- Ion Power Generator / I want To Buy An Approved Maxbounty Account / Business Plan Outline 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.