Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,949 members, 7,835,164 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" (678 Views)

Deontay Wilder Sends Scathing Message To Anthony Joshua After Andy Ruiz Defeat / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" by Clevite(m): 6:55am On Oct 21, 2019
When Andy Ruiz first met Anthony Joshua in June for their heavyweight showdown, there was a moment during the promotion of the fight in which the British boxer just handed over his belts to Ruiz and his trainer Manny Robles as both parties posed with Joshua’s WBO, WBA, IBF and IBO belts.

Turns out, it was a sign of things to come, as Ruiz snatched the belts in emphatic fashion once they squared off in the ring and scored a come-from-behind victory over Joshua that is still frontrunner for upset of the year.

Ruiz (33-1, 22 KOs) continued his victory lap with a personal press conference, meet and greet with fans and open workout Saturday at The Boxing Club East Village in San Diego as he further ramped up the promotion of his anticipated rematch with Joshua on Dec. 7 in Saudi Arabia on DAZN.

When asked if he will return the favor of the photo op to Joshua (22-1, 21 KOs) this time around, Ruiz said he had no intentions of playing nice for the cameras.

“Hell no. He has to win me first [to hold my belts]. These are mine,” quipped Ruiz. “I feel that he has more pressure than I do … When I win the rematch, everyone is going to know that this was not a fluke and I’m the real deal — just a little big kid with a dream.”

Ruiz has been training in recent weeks in Guadalajara, Mexico in high altitude and has now returned to Southern California where he will resume preparation at the Legendz Boxing in Los Angeles. His goal is to lose 10 pounds so he can feel lighter on his feet and chase Joshua around the ring should he have to win the match by decision.

In their first fight at the Madison Square Garden in New York, Ruiz brushed off a knockdown in a toe-to-toe fight to dominate Joshua with four knockdowns en route to a seventh-round finish.

“The main thing that I have to do is to let my hands go and throw my combinations,” said Ruiz. “Boxing is my life. This is the only thing that I know how to do.

“Everyone has a dream, but it’s our job to fulfill them. With hard work, dedication and sacrifice, anything is possible. Everyone thought that I was going to do nothing and lose in the first few rounds, but having that will and motivation inside me that I want to do something great helped me accomplish and become the first Mexican heavyweight champion of the world. It’s about having the right team and the right spirits around you.”

https://www.boxingscene.com/andy-ruiz-hell-no-anthony-joshua-not-touching-my-belts--143518

Re: Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" by SalemCiti: 7:13am On Oct 21, 2019
Even for just a photo pose before the rematch like Joshua did to you before your first fight! Andy Ruiz means business more than Anthony Joshua had thought. He is teaching Joshua there is no 'Mr Nice' in Boxing.
Re: Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" by Jackonsy(m): 7:13am On Oct 21, 2019
Till then
Re: Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" by Otutu1(m): 7:45am On Oct 21, 2019
I'm beginning to feel bad for AJ

I just hope he can reclaim his belts, pride and effizy.
Re: Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" by LearnITsmash(m): 8:55am On Oct 21, 2019
Abeg beat up the pretty boy AJ assss, so he can have sense grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" by Tropicalcentre: 10:28am On Oct 21, 2019
Hi guys, �️

Watch cock and bull edition of Sport Alert with Ekemini Nelson. My reactions to stories making around Nigerian Sports and off course Tennis. Got u17 world cup news too.

Don't forget to Subscribe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA7-iasBE5Y
Re: Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" by thundafire: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2019
DJ cuppy dn use headies finish Uncle oh
Re: Andy Ruiz Boasts: "Hell No, Anthony Joshua Is Not Touching My Belts!" by ajruiz2(m): 4:24am On Oct 23, 2019
Joshua was knocked down four times by the Mexican fighter – who was 25/1 with many bookies going into the fight – before the fight was called off in the seventh round.

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo......the Flying GOAT (video) / Do You Remember Turkish Footballer, Hakan Sukur?he Now Drives A Taxi / Egyptian Club Signs 75-year-old Footballer Ezzeldin Bahader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.