Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,932,413 members, 7,092,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 28 September 2022 at 02:17 PM

How To Get The Selected Values From Many Options Using Javascript - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How To Get The Selected Values From Many Options Using Javascript (778 Views)

How To Display Uploaded Image In Html Using Javascript / How To Upload Files To Firebase Cloud Storage Using Javascript / How To Build Students Results Management System Using Javascript And Firebase (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get The Selected Values From Many Options Using Javascript by AloyalNigerian(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2019
Hi all,

I am working on a personal project that requires me to grab the value selected by the user from the drop-down and use that value to in another place probably to display it as a text.

var gender = document.getElementById("btn-wrap"wink;
gender.addEventListener("change", genderGrab, false);

-------------//function genderGrab () {
// let gender = document.getElementById('btn-wrap').elements["choice"].value;

// console.log(gender);
//} .options[gender.selectedIndex] --------------- I tried this method

------------- function genderGrab(e) {
let target = document.getElementById("btn-wrap"wink.elements["choice"];
console.log(target.value);
}-------- and this method.

I was getting errors stating that it can't find the value of undefined. I even tried to see if the eventlistener is working perfectly, and it is.

This issue is giving me tough time even though I am using the value on the same page, imagine whta I am going through trying to use a grabbed value in another page.

I am so sorry if my question is not clear enough but you can always ask for more clarification.

Thanks in advance.
Re: How To Get The Selected Values From Many Options Using Javascript by afuye(m): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2019
Drop ur number lemme call u
Re: How To Get The Selected Values From Many Options Using Javascript by AloyalNigerian(m): 2:29pm On Oct 21, 2019
afuye:
Drop ur number lemme call u

Is that your number on your signature?
Re: How To Get The Selected Values From Many Options Using Javascript by afuye(m): 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2019
Yeah
AloyalNigerian:

Is that your number on your signature?
Re: How To Get The Selected Values From Many Options Using Javascript by stanliwise(m): 11:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
AloyalNigerian:
Hi all,

I am working on a personal project that requires me to grab the value selected by the user from the drop-down and use that value to in another place probably to display it as a text.

var gender = document.getElementById("btn-wrap"wink;
gender.addEventListener("change", genderGrab, false);

-------------//function genderGrab () {
// let gender = document.getElementById('btn-wrap').elements["choice"].value;

// console.log(gender);
//} .options[gender.selectedIndex] --------------- I tried this method

------------- function genderGrab(e) {
let target = document.getElementById("btn-wrap"wink.elements["choice"];
console.log(target.value);
}-------- and this method.

I was getting errors stating that it can't find the value of undefined. I even tried to see if the eventlistener is working perfectly, and it is.

This issue is giving me tough time even though I am using the value on the same page, imagine whta I am going through trying to use a grabbed value in another page.

I am so sorry if my question is not clear enough but you can always ask for more clarification.

Thanks in advance.

Here is an example
HTML CODE

<select id = "ddlViewBy" >
<option value ="1" >test1 </option>
<option value ="2" selected ="selected" > test2 </
<option value ="3" >test3 </option>
</select>

Running this code:
let target= document.getElementById( "ddlViewBy" );
let value = target.options[target.selectedIndex].value;

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Html / Computer:programming,dba,etc / Compilation Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.