Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,727 members, 7,831,309 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

My Experience With Online Scammers. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Online Scammers. (1008 Views)

Opay Investments Are Scammers / List Of Fixed Match Scammers / Latest Tantics Used By Scammers To Steal My Gmail Identity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Online Scammers. by Quietone22: 8:09pm On Oct 21, 2019
Early last month I came across a sponsored post on Instagram story about how the want to give #500k to two lucky winners with bright business ideas, I thought how lucky I was to come across such a post after going through their page.
I had just started my mini importation and needed more funds to grow it, so that seeing that post made it felt like a sign of good things about to happen.
I posted my business ideas and also how to curb internet scams( since they asked people to drop their opinion on it too).
I will drop more evidences, but I will like this to get to front page so as to save others falling victims because they are back and tomorrow is the D-day.

Re: My Experience With Online Scammers. by Quietone22: 8:17pm On Oct 21, 2019
After a while we were told winners had been chosen to win the #500k and that five others will be contacted on the consolation prizes.
The next morning I woke up to their message stating I had won the consolation prize, a part of me told me it was all a scam, but still wanted to give it a try since their page looked legit.
I was told that I would get the phone on Saturday of that week, when Saturday came, the went missing and the whole thing really became a scam.
I kept quiet and held it in even though I had so many screenshots of what had transpired because I knew they were kinda fishy.

After almost a month, I came across them again with my private page and this time on another sponsored post by Instagram.. I was pissed and I knew I had to do something about it.

Re: My Experience With Online Scammers. by Quietone22: 8:23pm On Oct 21, 2019
I sent them a message to tell them I knew what they were up to but I needed my money if I'm to remain quiet(I knew I wasn't going to look the other way, just needed more evidences).
As expected, they feel in and even promise to pay me #5k so I could look the other way.
While this was going on, they were moving on as I had expected, they created a new page to scam more people, and as you can see, they were already in it for the latest scam while ignoring my warnings to them.

Re: My Experience With Online Scammers. by Quietone22: 8:30pm On Oct 21, 2019
I am begging the mods to move this to the front page because if nothing is done, they will run off with people's money and most especially hard working small entrepreneurs who want to succeed... I have done my bits by posting this and I pray thee to the mod to move it to the front page so as to save people who might fall victim.

Re: My Experience With Online Scammers. by panini(m): 9:48pm On Oct 21, 2019
It sounds like you paid some money to him. What for and what was the amount?
Re: My Experience With Online Scammers. by Quietone22: 5:08am On Oct 22, 2019
panini:
It sounds like you paid some money to him. What for and what was the amount?

I have explained it all, they sent a congratulatory message telling me I had I won the consolation prize and needed to come collect it at their office which is in Birni-kebbi.
Knew it was fishy but I still paid but I just because I was trusting that their page looked legit and all that. They have started yet another scheme that's why I'm trying to alert unsuspecting Nigerians from falling into their trap.

The first picture is the congratulatory message they sent me then while the other pictures is showing how their page looks and their latest scam which is ongoing. If they can't be brought down, then I'm sorry to say many will fall victims and the circle will continue. I am trying to alert others using the power of social media.

Re: My Experience With Online Scammers. by fyneguy: 4:00pm On Mar 07, 2020
They are doing it again.

''Entries'' will close on Monday. I think they should be apprehended.

I hope people will learn from this.
Re: My Experience With Online Scammers. by Zayndot: 7:55pm On Apr 25, 2020
fyneguy:
They are doing it again.

''Entries'' will close on Monday. I think they should be apprehended.

I hope people will learn from this.

they just invited me to their telegram page
Re: My Experience With Online Scammers. by Toriahnn: 9:37am On Jun 06, 2020
Those scammers are still doing the same thing, I also had this exact experience May 26, 2020.
I just searched for Mrs Bright Akogua on Googlewhen I didn't hear from them again and I saw this post.

They really need to be stopped because they'll continue to cause more havoc.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For Recommendation, Between Century & Scan Frost Washing Machine / A Man Explains How He Recovered His Stolen Phone From An Armed Robber / Nigerian Bottling Company(coca Cola) Siwes Internship Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.