Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary (71052 Views)

My Profitable Cucumber Farm . / My Cucumber Farm Dairy / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by obstead200(m): 3:05pm On Jan 29, 2020
LoFarms:

I tried it some 4/5 years ago and I wasn't happy with the result so since then I've been going solo. It's very hard to be told No when you believe in what you do. I believe that if I encourage myself and believe in myself that energy transcends to other people, that they get to believe in me without asking for their assistance.
try TEF again. I got it on my first attempt. So did two of my siblings. Me and my sister got it in 2016. My brother got it in 2015
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Altimatic27: 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2020
okoroemeka:
the ₦500k budget I made is based on one acre,it's obvious it can't push 1 hectare,if you quickly look at some figures you will realize why,(1)2 water pumps/hoses/fuel ₦170,000,(2)bamboo 400-500 lengths ×₦100=₦40,000,staking net ₦3500 per roll(100m×2m) ×50 rolls=₦175,000,(3)seed 600-800 grams=₦128,000@₦8000 per 50 gram,as you can see this few estimates is almost up to ₦500k,many things are not included like land preparation,manure, fertilizer,chemicals,labour,etc, even if ordinary nylon ropes is used it will need almost 20-25 bags for 1 hectare @₦4000 per bag=₦80-100,000k just ropes

When doing farming business never estimate
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by midnighter(f): 3:17pm On Jan 29, 2020
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Legendguru: 3:19pm On Jan 29, 2020
Good I will show off my 2 acres rice farm soon already clearing

1 Like

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by healthserve(m): 3:24pm On Jan 29, 2020
Legendguru:
Good I will show off my 2 acres rice farm soon already clearing

Hahahaha. I'm also thinking of showing off mine too . Take goodness I'm making drone-videos
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Afrikween(f): 3:42pm On Jan 29, 2020
Shibaraba:

Paula escobar. I sight you
shebi na eyes you get wink
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
LoFarms:

Fortunately people don't just go steal cucumbers except if someone is out to hurt you

Really?

Thought there might be someone around the corner looking to cash out big time on the blackmarket? I once witnessed something like that(not in a cucumber farm this time) and that was why I threw in that question.

Then, I guess cucumber farmers are about the luckiest on Earth. Thanks for the explanation though.

1 Like

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Dshocker(m): 4:40pm On Jan 29, 2020
LoFarms:
Greetings from LoFarms Located in Ofada, Ogun State Nigeria.

I’m here to share details of the various stages we are going to go through setting up our first 1 Acre Cucumber farm.

We pray that God, The weather , The plants and The Pest will be fair on us. However we will do what we have to do.

Watch this space. For updates.

Pray that the fulani herdsmen don't remember your farm

1 Like

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by MondayOsunbor(m): 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
LoFarms:

If that's a prayer it won't come to past.

NO MY MAN I WISH YOU THE BEST

1 Like

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Ashma5824(m): 5:26pm On Jan 29, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Rats ate the seeds.. it's never a good idea to plant the seeds directly.. I suffered this same faith with my pepper even on nursery tray

I'm interested in the pepper farming pls. Let's discuss on it
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by bry8ted(m): 6:25pm On Jan 29, 2020
LoFarms:

You can get marketer at Mile12 , at Technisim / Agrotropic office. Also some stores sell it in Abeokuta.
Thank you boss.
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by jidestroud(m): 8:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
healthserve:
Pistotita come display your lunacy here for all to see so help can be recommended for your case

Cc

Atlanticfire

Midnighter

Uboma

Khia

EasternPrince

Olumide3367

LoFarms someone is envy you made waves by making it to front page. Jidestroud beware you've always been a genius on this section. Don't fall for the hate campaign someone is trying to implant seed of discord and evlnvy in your heart. Don't fall for it. Don't give in

Guess what I have been doing in the last 8hrs after I got quoted by you? "Reading all your post" and I can say this without an iota of doubt that you are first of all; kunleweb, healthserve, healthmatter, Anothony and your monikers goes on.

Indeed, the allegations laid against you are not just wild imaginations but has been proved with evidences, C'mon kunleweb or whatever you chose to respond with, you exhibit all the tendencies of a serial online scammer to say the least (No apologies).

Quite unfortunate like I said in one of my post, Nairaland supports frauds like you and it is sickening. (Yes, I just called you one).

You don't have a farm Anthony abi wetin be your name again? Neither do you have any knowledge about farming, it's all there in your posts. How you became an online consultant from a drug seller is a mystery to me though. Well, let's just sit down and watch what karma has in store for you.

Good day. Pls don't quote me again, I don't do frauds.

2 Likes

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by healthserve(m): 9:01pm On Jan 29, 2020
jidestroud:

Guess what I have been doing in the last 8hrs after I got quoted by you? "Reading all your post" and I can say this without an iota of doubt that you are first of all; kunleweb, healthserve, healthmatter, Anothony and your monikers goes on.

Indeed, the allegations laid against you are not just wild imaginations but has been proved with evidences, C'mon kunleweb or whatever you chose to respond with, you exhibit all the tendencies of a serial online scammer to say the least (No apologies).

Quite unfortunate like I said in one of my post, Nairaland supports frauds like you and it is sickening. (Yes, I just called you one).

You don't have a farm Anthony abi wetin be your name again? Neither do you have any knowledge about farming, it's all there in your posts. How you became an online consultant from a drug seller is a mystery to me though. Well, let's just sit down and watch what karma has in store for you.

Good day. Pls don't quote me again, I don't do frauds.

Funny. In saner climes you would have been served legal petition to substantiate your claim. I used to think you were smart. If you can't see what stands in front of you, you can't see anything. I'm sure I'm atlanticfire I'm sure I'm LoFarms

Your existence has never contributed to my life in anyway. So keep your arrogant assumptions off my mentions. You're not needed in my life. If you know my name elt alone my bank account please publish just that I'll agree to what ever accusations you may string together againsty person

Till then get lost. You're so unintelligent. I'm sure I'm also agroprenuer your master accused. I'm also olumide3367 he accused me of being. I'm also james550 he accused me of being.

This is the stock of youths fighting for leadership position. If you can't discern intelligently and accurately you're unfit for Noble causes.

Now get lost

BTW I'm not unaware you're begging your master for tomato seeds. And as your political idols in exchange for favors dontheir masters bidding, such is your case.

When you have intelligent rebuttals for me sign me up let's talk man to man. From agrictech to tech to ict to medicine to engineering to medicine.

You're petty for trying to confront me with such stupeed nonsense. Did I post pictures of may Enterprise I set up using people money's or tell you I ever did business with anybody's money.

Have a life and bother about your existence. You spent right hours on my history. I spent hours of today studying,work the maths out, you busy body of a man

In saner climes by tomorrow you'd have been served a legal notice for defamation of character,libel,blackmail, cyber bullying with intent to cause harm

Don't take this your rotten low nature to saner climes

You fool
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by jidestroud(m): 9:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
healthserve:

Funny. In saner climes you would have been served legal petition to substantiate your claim. I used to think you were smart. If you can't see what stands in front of you, you can't see anything. I'm sure I'm atlanticfire I'm sure I'm LoFarms

Your existence has never contributed to my life in anyway. So keep your arrogant assumptions off my mentions. You're not needed in my life. If you know my name elt alone my bank account please publish just that I'll agree to what ever accusations you may string together againsty person

Till then get lost. You're so unintelligent. I'm sure I'm also agroprenuer your master accused. I'm also olumide3367 he accused me of being. I'm also james550 he accused me of being.

This is the stock of youths fighting for leadership position. If you can't discern intelligently and accurately you're unfit for Noble causes.

Now get lost

BTW I'm not unaware you're begging your master for tomato seeds. And as your political idols in exchange for favors dontheir masters bidding, such is your case.

When you have intelligent rebuttals for me sign me up let's talk man to man. From agrictech to tech to ict to medicine to engineering to medicine.

You're petty for trying to confront me with such stupeed nonsense. Did I post pictures of may Enterprise I set up using people money's or tell you I ever did business with anybody's money.

Have a life and bother about your existence. You spent right hours on my history. I spent hours of today studying,work the maths out, you busy body of a man

In saner climes by tomorrow you'd have been served a legal notice for defamation of character,libel,blackmail, cyber bullying with intent to cause harm

Don't take this your rotten low nature to saner climes

You fool

Coming from a fraud like you, it means nothing to me okay. Pistotita may chose not to post evidences of your fraudulent activities for reasons known to him, but I on the contrary, I am busy compiling but on this forum and off Nairaland all your illegal dealings. You can't just help but leave your trails behind.

The mods really goofed this time. How can they not see it before their very eyes? And you still being on this platform speaks volume. Scammers everywhere.

Lols at begging @Pistotita for seeds grin. Even with the so many times he did giveaways, I jidestroud never reached out to him. Not because I can't, but, I would rather get the direct connections to the link myself, Trust me, I always win at the end no matter what.(why am I even explaining myself to this fraud self biko?)

Now run along now. The painful thing is even if you chose to be a fraud, can't you at least be a smart one at it?

@Seun for the love of God, pls and pls, just do the needful for once. Nairaland has gone to the dogs. Your stand on this issue is quite surprising and alarming.
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by healthserve(m): 9:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
jidestroud:

Coming from a fraud like you, it means nothing to me okay. Pistotita may chose not to post evidences of your fraudulent activities for reasons known to him, but I on the contrary, I am busy compiling but on this forum and off Nairaland all your illegal dealings. You can't just help but leave your trails behind.

The mods really goofed this time. How can they not see it before their very eyes? And you still being on this platform speaks volume. Scammers everywhere.

Lols at begging @Pistotita for seeds grin. Even with the so many times he did giveaways, I jidestroud never reached out to him. Not because I can't, but, I would rather get the direct connections to the link myself, Trust me, I always win at the end no matter what.(why am I even explaining myself to this fraud self biko?)

Now run along now. The painful thing is even if you chose to be a fraud, can't you at least be a smart one at it?

@Seun for the love of God, pls and pls, just do the needful for once. Nairaland has gone to the dogs. Your stand on this issue is quite surprising and alarming.

Shebi you know you're reachable and you give public Access to yourselves. Better be careful so you don't get slapped with legal action that would drown all you've builtnwotu your life

I won't warn you too much. We dey clear site awaiting rainfall. I don't have time for you know. But don't say I didn't warn you to desist from throwing nonsensical accusations at me.

Am I one of those you want to oppress with your onenplot vegetable farms. Look at this ordinary thing
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 29, 2020
bry8ted:
Thank you boss.

I no be boss oo wink
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
obstead200:
try TEF again. I got it on my first attempt. So did two of my siblings. Me and my sister got it in 2016. My brother got it in 2015

That's nice I hope you've developed from your first trial
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by jidestroud(m): 9:49pm On Jan 29, 2020
healthserve:

Shebi you know you're reachable and you give public Access to yourselves. Better be careful so you don't get slapped with legal action that would drown all you've builtnwotu your life

I won't warn you too much. We dey clear site awaiting rainfall. I don't have time for you know. But don't say I didn't warn you to desist from throwing nonsensical accusations at me.

Am I one of those you want to oppress with your onenplot vegetable farms. Look at this ordinary thing

I'm glad you said accessible. To narrow it down for you, I am very much available at LAISA Oko oba, let me know when your lawyers are coming. Quite a few in here have been to first of all; my garden (if you were smart enough, you should also keep one to run pilots) and then my farm until I started turning them down okay Mr. Kunleweb aka Anthony.

And by the way, my garden isn't 1plot, it's a quarter plot okay. And I could make exceptions for you this time to come learn first hand using the very tomato seeds Pistotita offered. I just may mail him for them if you agree. Deal?

1 Like

Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by healthserve(m): 9:52pm On Jan 29, 2020
jidestroud:

I'm glad you said accessible. To narrow it down for you, I am very much available at LAISA Oko oba, let me know when your lawyers are coming. Quite a few in here have been to first of all; my garden (if you were smart enough, you should also keep one to run pilots) and then my farm until I started turning them down okay Mr. Kunleweb aka Anthony.

And by the way, my garden isn't 1plot, it's a quarter plot okay. And I could make exceptions for you this time to come learn first hand using the very tomato seeds Pistotita offered. I just may mail him for them if you agree. Deal?

Oga you will get served at my convenience don't worry. Continue with your nonsense.

Dman you're disturbing my futball
. Maybe na you get my properties wey I sell fund my projects you go tell me. Busy body. Don't place focus on your broken life . Continue the aimless living of a foot soldier you empty thing
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by FarmTech(m): 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2020
LoFarms:

Is it in liquid form or powdery
In liquid form.
I saw how grassy ur farm is and I suggest u use paraquat to control weeds between rows and then for those weeds close to plants, use hand.
For ur staking. What did u use to support the net? Remember that when cukes start developing they will have a lot of weight.
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Atlanticfire: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2020
2. Don't abuse, bully, deliberately insult/provoke, fight, or wish harm to Nairaland members

8. Don't post false information on Nairaland.

20. Complaints to or against moderators must be sent privately. Please don't disobey, disrespect, or defame them. 

These are some of the Nairaland rules pistotita and his attack dogs are breaking daily and nothing is being done about it
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by healthserve(m): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2020
The mods are giving consent to blackmails cyber bullying, trolling libel on the forum. I steal money since August they keep coming again and again. Okay tell me my account number and full names they can't come up with it. This is how our society has become where people feel entitled to act anyhow and tarnish other people's reputation without any feeling of remorse just because they want to pull people down to make themselves stand out

None of you attacking me I repeat none is working on a large project large enough to intimidate your fellows yet you won't let us hear word

If you keep pulling epople down or attacking people out of hate , you won't live long. Fulls
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by FarmTech(m): 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2020
Please and pls. These abusive posts must stop now. Those accusing others of fraud shud mail the mods with detailed info to prove it. Any other thread derailing will be deleted and if u continue, I'll have to ban u.
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by healthserve(m): 11:36pm On Jan 29, 2020
FarmTech:
Please and pls. These abusive posts must stop now. Those accusing others of fraud shud mail the mods with detailed info to prove it. Any other thread derailing will be deleted and if u continue, I'll have to ban u.

That's what I've bee suffering since August because I spoke on the thread on digital investments and two other threads where I differed in perspective. You asked where the beef started from. That's was where it started. It's still there to check. Tell them to bring anyone I duped of a coin in my ten years of being on the forum

Your inaction served as consent to continue
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by Lanjonath(m): 11:39pm On Jan 29, 2020
Tbh downsizing when you don't have drip is actually good advice, yes Pistota comes across quote harsh but a lot of times he makes sense. The advantage of drip is the plants get watered evenly and fertigation makes delivering the nutrients easier. My pilot was on an acre and I used no drip but from my 3rd cycle I got drip, planted half the seeds and I now get double, reason being rather than overpopulating the farm with plants, I simply focus on planting the perfect amount the space can handle and I focus on pulling 8-10 big cukes per plant. Drip makes this way easier. It also allows you spend less time on on irrigation and more time on other things like pruning.

LoFarms:
Moreover the we clown told me to downsize to one plot if I’m not usin drip and downsize to 3 plots if I’m using drip. Last last I covered 70 lines of 40meters each and I’m just starting. You shouldn’t judge people based on your pocket or your guts or your capacity,some people just have the will and Gods backing that they can’t foil up or cower into uncertainty. The same guy said I failed , Lfmao smh he doesn’t even know me and all the way from where he is already summed up my future, Ah aha !
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by FMCASH(m): 12:42am On Jan 30, 2020
LoFarms:
Day 27

Pistotita is right
Just check your farm,
You should have weed at 3 weeks Max

4 weeks no weeding, this will really deep into your profit.

Even the pic mod put at your front page make me SMH after clicking this post.
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by FMCASH(m): 12:47am On Jan 30, 2020
FarmTech:

In liquid form.
I saw how grassy ur farm is and I suggest u use paraquat to control weeds between rows and then for those weeds close to plants, use hand.
For ur staking. What did u use to support the net? Remember that when cukes start developing they will have a lot of weight.

Paraquat for a first timer.

Collosal loss niyen

It's farm close to owode egba lofarm
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by healthserve(m): 12:50am On Jan 30, 2020
Cucumber farming is not simplistic for a first time farmer. I think LoFarms should have added a disclaimer to his posts.

The slightest of errors can wipe out entire produce. If you're an intending farmer and want to cultivate cucumber start on.

A small land size and take stock of your farming activities so you can elarn from a first experience.

I choose to state emphatically that there are crops with less attention to detail should be too priority on the mind of a first time farmer not a highly sensitive crop like cucumber

My two cents
Re: First 1 Acre Cucumber Farm In Ogun State Diary by FMCASH(m): 1:23am On Jan 30, 2020
LoFarms:
Yaaay LoFarms is Back grin grin grin

We don't hate anyone, Please ooo. We came to learn not teach.

Moving forward check the video below. I hope it uploads

It didn't upload. Who knows what causes this?
your farm, mulching films?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

The Major Garri Processing Machines With Prices / Hundreds Of Sheep Have Been Walking In A Circle For 12 Days Straight In China / Current Cassava Price Per Tonne @ Thai Farm Ososa Ogun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.