Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,830 members, 7,817,429 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

Two Women Make History By Doing The First Ever All Female Space Walk - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Two Women Make History By Doing The First Ever All Female Space Walk (415 Views)

Scientists Baffled By Shark That Defies Rules Of Survival To Walk On Land (Pics) / Four Astronauts Make History With Spacex Launch / SpaceX Launch: NASA Astronauts Make History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Women Make History By Doing The First Ever All Female Space Walk by FactBoyz: 8:51am On Oct 22, 2019
()
On the 18th of October 2019, two female American Astronauts Jessica Meir and Christina Koch made history in the NASA and Space Exploration World.

The two ladies were scheduled to do the spacewalk at 7:50 a.m. E.T. on October 18th, 2019 with the sole aim  of replacing a faulty battery charge/discharge unit that failed to activate after a spacewalk on the 11the of October.

The faulty unit preventing a set of recently installed batteries from providing increased power, so it must have been replaced before continuing a series of spacewalks to install new batteries.

Christina Koch's childhood dream was to become an astronaut, she began her academic career at North Carolina State University where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and Physics and a Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.

She also graduated from the NASA Academy program at Goddard Space Flight Center in 2001.

Factboyz gathered that she has done most of her work in space science instrument development and remote scientific engineering fields, she also spent 3.5 years traveling the Arctic and Antarctic regions which she described as mentally and physically challenging.

Christina Meir on her own part is a Swedish American Israeli NASA Astronaut.

Jessica Meir recalls that it could have been the Space Shuttle missions on television she watched as a child that inspired her to become an Astronaut.

She also adds that, “It might have had something to do with the fact that the stars shone so brightly in rural Maine”.

She also holds a Master of Space Studies degree and a Ph.D. in marine biology. She’s a Brown University alum and has done some work at the Harvard Medical School as well.

Meir has been on board the ISS since September 25, 2019, and due to holding a double American and Swedish citizenship, she is also the first Swedish woman in space.

News From Factboyz

https:///2019/10/two-women-make-history-by-doing-the-first-ever-all-female-space-walk.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Two Women Make History By Doing The First Ever All Female Space Walk by Nobody: 8:54am On Oct 22, 2019
Interesting.
Re: Two Women Make History By Doing The First Ever All Female Space Walk by Jordan97: 9:05am On Oct 22, 2019
My own definition of "She slayed it"..

The real slay queens..

BTW when will a Nigerian go to space?
Re: Two Women Make History By Doing The First Ever All Female Space Walk by habsydiamond(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2019
I will always be jealous of this country... Though she not perfect but at least she leading the world...why should I be jealous if my country is working towards becoming a leading nation. I keep my fingers crossed sha... Anything is possible

(1) (Reply)

Earn Up To $10 Free With 0 Investment, Legit, New And Pays / OST To PST Converter Download Free / How Do They Build Pillars Of Bridge On Water?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.