Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,341 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job (29747 Views)

5 Great Work-from-home Jobs You Can Do While Job Hunting / 15 Jobs You Can Do From Home / 7 Great Jobs You Can Easily Do From Home And Get Paid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by CotenantNIG: 4:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
Realfrankie:

200k a month for riding a bike
I disagree unless other bikers will allow you to work alone.

Remember the bike will always develope fault in the course of frequent usage

well according to opay adverts what they said you can earn
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Beatswim: 4:48pm On Oct 22, 2019
aminusodiq:
very nice post @o.p ..... one of d best ways is to have a marketable skill which have an average capital investment!!! even after landing ones dream job, one can still practice ones skill!! ...it's a win win!!!
share 3 marketable skils... Let's learn pls
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Knox123(m): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
Beatswim:
share 3 marketable skils... Let's learn pls

1. Programming
2. Graphics design
3. Photography
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Mummymahdi(f): 4:54pm On Oct 22, 2019
Realfrankie:

u have said my mind

2 Likes

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by trippleKAY(m): 4:56pm On Oct 22, 2019
I got a job as a dispatch rider, but my fear is I don't really know how to get to some places in Lagos, d thing dey pain me. I'm a good rider, this are part of jobs everybody can't do. Infact I had 3 offers in a month as a dispatch

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Rubbiish(m): 5:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
trippleKAY:
I got a job as a dispatch rider, but my fear is I don't really know how to get to some places in Lagos, d thing dey pain me. I'm a good rider, this are part of jobs everybody can't do. Infact I had 3 offers in a month as a dispatch
Use google map

5 Likes

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by qanda: 5:13pm On Oct 22, 2019
Ok
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by spencekat(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
computergeek:
Op you are right about the jobs, and you've done a great job yourself.

However, I think your figures are somewhat exaggerated. While writing to empower unemployed people, tell them the truth and don't make them go into businesses with the aim of earning certain amounts only to be disappointed.

I don't know about Gokada and Biking and Taxify and co, but I'm sure you don't easily earn 200K bike-riding.

About web development, it depends on your package, skills, platform and portfolio before you can earn up to 50K per web project. Web dev is now so rampant that clients will price us 20K for a full website with back-end dev and everything. Your portfolio and skill is what puts you on top to earn over 50K, but you need to build up a full skillet first. On foreign platforms, you can win a long-term contract of $5K to develop a website for 5 months, but for facing clients physically, you need packaging.

For freelance writing, you can actually earn up to 50K per article, but it doesn't work like that. It's not easy to waltz into a place and claim you can write the company onto the world map. You write through platforms such as Upwork, Fiverr, and Kindle. On Upwork you can bid for a $200 short story job or a $20 web article. On Fiverr, you're pulled from a skill pool.

There are other skills. Digital marketing, graphic design, data science and so on. Learn something and be good at it. Keep it up OP.
I want learn graphics design and data science.
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Realfrankie(m): 5:19pm On Oct 22, 2019
Mummymahdi:

u have said my mind

Thanks
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by dhappyking(m): 5:39pm On Oct 22, 2019
Realfrankie:

You disagree? Well don't be too sure about that till you do your independent verification. This was how some one told me that Otrike Keke rider in Enugu make up to 10k in a day and I doubted him. I took a ride in one two weeks ago and engaged the rider on how much they make. The guy said he makes as much as 12k on some days. Imagine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Ay92(m): 5:40pm On Oct 22, 2019
How real is this Opay? I'm seriously considering it, next month will make it two years since I finished my NYSC and yet, no job

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 22, 2019
sylve11:
@ op, nice one.......

If you have a good working car with no wife or kids to take care of, trust me, you can make half a million naira in 3 months as driver with either Uber or Taxify. cool

True though but you need a car that can stand the test of time and the abuse (Toyota Corolla, Honda civic or Hyundai Elantra) and for you to make that hell of money, be sure to be working 24 hrs a day, i just ventured into the hustle and i must tell you, its not for the faint hearted, some rude riders will hurl insult at you, Local council boys at Yaba, Unilag environs, shomolu and Oshodi will snuff some thousands out of your pocket if you park anyhow or take a one way route but in all, its a good hustle if you can be putting 11hrs of your time daily with weekends putting more money in your pocket.
If you live on the island, you're in for a treaty. These places are hot places for request on the mainland (Magodo, Ikeja, Maryland and omole)

4 Likes

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 22, 2019
7pages:
nice post Op

when I came back from service with the little amount I save because of the high standard of living where I served and spending due to lack of job. I attended a driving school because i tried killing the jobless spirit in me, I went to driving school with the money I saved, did driver's license with the rest of the money

but since I finished with the driving school over a year now, I didn't see any car to drive at least to rehearse what I have learnt and my driver's license I did then expired next year June without making use of it.

expert here, what do you suggest I do though I tried getting a loan of 300k to get a used car from a private user that I can use around Ikeja axis but all my effort prove abortive. I need serious orientation and enlightenment please

Bro, i beg you in the name of God, don't borrow money to get anyhow car for uber, i did the same mistake, got a Tokunbo Ford Mondeo for 1m in August for e hailing and sorry has been my case ,the total cost of repairs the car has undergone in Just 1 month is over 150k.
Join uber /taxify section on Nairaland and table your request.
Please don't just get anyhow car if you don't want to come back home empty handed every week

4 Likes

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by phemolisti(m): 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
I know how to ride bike(motocycle) but due to the fact that I haven't been practicing it makes my shake whenever I'm carrying someone.

soon I will be able to afford one (Boxer) through Monthly contribution. The current price is about N216000 with other miscellaneous expenses, it should rise to N250000.

the issue is that I don't know if I should put it up as higher purchase or ride it myself because I'm teaching in a secondary school at the moment with a pay of N20000.

please advise me on the better option because I'm not getting any younger (I am a graduate; studied Engineering)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Fantazy(m): 6:05pm On Oct 22, 2019
Nice one!

But as for Apartment Renting...
Just watch this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKStKCX4COw?list=PLc-1L5P5NW1gV7AEPOen34-iW3rEqQ6Rn
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by webngnews: 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2019
Oh
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Kollins01: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2019
A manual bus driver urgently needed within Ikorodu environs precisely Ebute-Ibese axis, Ikorodu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by gambudu: 7:47pm On Oct 22, 2019
Exaggeration. Opay cannot pay u 200k,it's just a means of attracting protential riders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Tomide59(m): 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2019
If you need an Errand boy i can deliver your message to anywhere you want me to... Not like cocaine or Indian helm. I base in Oyo 37817326180

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by 7pages(m): 9:02pm On Oct 22, 2019
Freshprince91:

Bro, i beg you in the name of God, don't borrow money to get anyhow car for uber, i did the same mistake, got a Tokunbo Ford Mondeo for 1m in August for e hailing and sorry has been my case ,the total cost of repairs the car has undergone in Just 1 month is over 150k.
Join uber /taxify section on Nairaland and table your request.
Please don't just get anyhow car if you don't want to come back home empty handed every week

thanks for the info bro. I appreciate

but I want to asked you, will I be trained when I apply under uber and how can I get a car to drive. thanks once again for your response
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by eghuan1(m): 10:41pm On Oct 22, 2019
For those claiming they can make 150k on Uber/Taxify, I pity you.

Let's assume you rented the car at 30k a week, and you make a total of 90k for that week with serious hustle night and day, hardly going home to rest.

Then you take out 20% commission, that leave you with 72K

Lets assume you used 3500 for fuel everyday that's 24500 which means you have 47500 left.

Then you pay your car owner 30k which means you have 17500 left.

Now Out of that 17500, you go chop, buy data, and do many other small small financial responsibilities.

Now tel me at the end of the week, how much is left for your savings

1 Like

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by dru23(m): 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2019
eghuan1:
For those claiming they can make 150k on Uber/Taxify, I pity you.

Let's assume you rented the car at 30k a week, and you make a total of 90k for that week with serious hustle night and day, hardly going home to rest.

Then you take out 20% commission, that leave you with 72K

Lets assume you used 3500 for fuel everyday that's 24500 which means you have 47500 left.

Then you pay your car owner 30k which means you have 17500 left.

Now Out of that 17500, you go chop, buy data, and do many other small small financial responsibilities.

Now tel me at the end of the week, how much is left for your savings

Uber is not a do or die affair my brother, other jobs are out there like bricklayer, danfo driver, bank manger, bank teller, motor conductor, lasma Job, lecturer, oil field workers, Go okada driver, company driver, bread seller or food hawker, male prostitution , spare part seller, smuggling job, teaching job, Arm robber job, kidnapping job etc and the list goes on and on , pastor job ..the list just goes on and on
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by icankel: 11:57pm On Oct 22, 2019
getting a job idea online is as easy as ABC but differently in outside world. I believe my Igbo brothers just find one place and start counting ur money daily
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by engrrichie92(m): 7:00am On Oct 23, 2019
sawdi:

I really need to learn to drive. Even if I do I don't really know my way around Lagos. #Face palm.

Thats why there is something called google map sir

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by LeoThaGreat(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
7pages:
nice post Op

when I came back from service with the little amount I save because of the high standard of living where I served and spending due to lack of job. I attended a driving school because i tried killing the jobless spirit in me, I went to driving school with the money I saved, did driver's license with the rest of the money

but since I finished with the driving school over a year now, I didn't see any car to drive at least to rehearse what I have learnt and my driver's license I did then expired next year June without making use of it.

expert here, what do you suggest I do though I tried getting a loan of 300k to get a used car from a private user that I can use around Ikeja axis but all my effort prove abortive. I need serious orientation and enlightenment please
Tell the private user to borrow you his car and you'll be giving him weekly returns after cost of fuel & repairs has been deducted. Proper documentation of agreement need to be done here.
You can start teaching people how to drive, (unregistered driving school) for N15k+, 45mins per person daily [you can partner with established driving schools]; or whatever you intended to do.

Don't reveal your total plan to the owner of the car, else he steals the idea from you. Just tell him you want to use it for drop (taxi-drop) business.

Hope my suggestion would be helpful?
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by 7pages(m): 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2019
LeoThaGreat:

Tell the private user to borrow you his car and you'll be giving him weekly returns after cost of fuel & repairs has been deducted. Proper documentation of agreement need to be done here.
You can start teaching people how to drive, (unregistered driving school) for N15k+, 45mins per person daily [you can partner with established driving schools]; or whatever you intended to do.

Don't reveal your total plan to the owner of the car, else he steals the idea from you. Just tell him you want to use it for drop (taxi-drop) business.

Hope my suggestion would be helpful?

thanks for quoting me bro. I have no private user anywhere. I'm just planning to find one if I'm able to get cash worth of the aforementioned amount

I believe getting a car from a private user, I can still use it to work and get some money that I can add to the car after selling it and get one tokunbo to hustle big

1 Like

Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by OlawaleBammie: 9:37am On Oct 24, 2019
Mummymahdi:

u have said my mind
Why are u contradicting urself?
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by Mummymahdi(f): 12:20pm On Oct 24, 2019
OlawaleBammie:

Why are u contradicting urself?

what's ur problem?
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by OlawaleBammie: 12:46pm On Oct 24, 2019
Mummymahdi:

what's ur problem?
I need sun grin
but its bn raining since...
Re: Jobs You Can Do Before You Get Your Dream Job by kwynette(f): 11:53am On Oct 27, 2019
Ay92:
How real is this Opay? I'm seriously considering it, next month will make it two years since I finished my NYSC and yet, no job
Oga sir, morin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maersk Graduate Programme 2014 / Npower Portal Open For Batch C Registration 2020/2021 | Apply / Immigration Provisional Appointment Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.