Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,068 members, 7,867,032 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 09:54 AM

‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode (2249 Views)

2023: Igbos Are Doing To Yorubas What The Fulani Did To Hausas / 2023: Kingibe Is Cabals Choice For President – Prof Farooq / Atiku’s Citizenship And Buhari’s Illiterate Lawyers By Prof. Farooq Kperogi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by MetaPhysical: 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Where is the link to the article?

Mehn...I love the new attitude with Yorubas.
Anything Ibo write must first be substantiated and validated as a fact or it will be rejected. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by mercyville: 11:28pm On Oct 22, 2019
Gandollar:
Bottom line is, another man named your own baby.

America was given to USA by an Italian and they have become great.

No wonder your progenitors were walking without clothes in 1921..

Who gave Igbo their name? cheesy
Igbo means slave.
Igala slaves because NRI was Igala. grin

If Ahmad Baba,the historian had formed it from his anus,I would have been proud.The name has prosperity and positivities hovering and clinging tightly to it but he met Oyo Yoruba using Ya raba and decided to call them that in his book.If one of the Oyo people who called themselves Yoruba had written a book,he would have been the one who named them Yoruba too.

Ahmad Baba got Yoruba through this....He was a writer and interacted with them,hearing what they called themselves e.g Oyo people not all Yorubas were called Yoruba then..

Read this with your new monicker...I know you have seen it before...

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/142477-the-bitter-truth-about-the-igbo-by-femi-fani-kayode.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by KingTom(m): 11:38pm On Oct 22, 2019
nairalandankrah:
They are all saying the same thing
That's the sad truth about the whole issue grin

2 Likes

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by LegendHero(m): 12:31am On Oct 23, 2019
This is thesame position I maintained on the other thread. The mention of that word Yoruba originated from the writings by Ahmad Baba in the Timbuktu manuscripts and credible sources confirm the fact that the name actually originated from that Islamic scholar in 1655.

FFK is a dundee crackhead that dosen’t have any bit of sense than to pitch tribe against eachother.

All those people on the other thread disputing my fact about the Ahmad Baba can clearly see that another person alludes to that fact.

3 Likes

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by LegendHero(m): 12:53am On Oct 23, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Mehn...I love the new attitude with Yorubas.
Anything Ibo write must first be substantiated and validated as a fact or it will be rejected. grin grin

My interaction with them on Nairaland actually taught me to reverify anything they say because they have an innate lying abilities such that they only them have the ability to break their own record of lies.

No one can lie more than them and their ideology is constantly reinforcing lies by repetition with hope of converting it to the truth.

Their forebearers had thesame mindset and it was passed to the current generations who will inturn pass it down to the next. It’s a game of succession!

3 Likes

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by budaatum: 1:05am On Oct 23, 2019
Gandollar:
Charleys:
you forgot this one it's still the same Wikipedia.
It's not unusual for others to group people together and name them as one single group. That's not to say the people themselves did not exist before some ignorant people grouped them together under one collective name, just that they named themselves different according to their own small groups. It would surprise me if the Ibadans called themselves the same thing as the Oyos and Ifes knew themselves as, and not knowing that is like thinking there was no river before one was named the River Niger. Even the Britons were a nation of many different tribes during the iron ages and before the Romans grouped them together and named them Britannia as you can see below.

2 Likes

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by iammo(m): 2:06am On Oct 23, 2019
even a fool that can read shouldnt say this.. is shongai tumbukti an hausa man or is Ajayi Crowther anHausa?

I sometimes wonder what made you people like this

Gandollar:
Please teach us then. Bottom line is the word Yoruba was coined by hausas.

1 Like

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by Davoneskay(m): 2:10am On Oct 23, 2019
The way a particular section of the country spews so much hatred and bitterness on Yorubas is so unimaginable. Funny to say, they claimed to be Christians. A question, how do you get down on ur knees to pray despite being this hateful? Who ever curses with his mouth and yet use same mouth to pray is only saying his/her prayers to the devil! If this particular section of Nigeria are gods, then mankind would have ceased to exist.
To FFK, I pray u become wise and cautious of what you utter. Your continuous failure to render Nigeria into shambles has made u turn to Yorubas for same motive.
FFK should know this, "speech is silver. Silence is golden". If you have no words of wisdom to utter, keep quiet. An old man still putting on pampers.

2 Likes

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by budaatum: 2:35am On Oct 23, 2019
Gandollar:
But thankfully did not impregnate my baby's mother.

2 Likes

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by Charleys: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2019
budaatum:

It's not unusual for others to group people together and name them as one single group. That's not to say the people themselves did not exist before some ignorant people grouped them together under one collective name, just that they named themselves different according to their own small groups. It would surprise me if the Ibadans called themselves the same thing as the Oyos and Ifes knew themselves as, and not knowing that is like thinking there was no river before one was named the River Niger. Even the Britons were a nation of many different tribes during the iron ages and before the Romans grouped them together and named them Britannia as you can see below.

Then Femi fani Kayode was right.
So let me ask you, Are you an Omoluabi or are you a Yoruba?

Answer me. Davoneskay too.

2 Likes

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by Blazebond(m): 6:43am On Oct 23, 2019
FFK is right.
Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by budaatum: 1:09pm On Oct 23, 2019
Charleys:

So let me ask you, Are you an Omoluabi or are you a Yoruba?

Answer me. Davoneskay too.
I am buda atum from the Orolu Kingdom of Ifọn Ọsun. It is in an area in the Federal Republic of Nigeria in West Africa known as Yoruba Land.

In the past, long before book, we wrote our character on our face so we would remember and those who see us would know we are of good character. Below is a picture depicting Ọmọluabi before we started writing and learning it in book.

Please go and observe my very numerous fruits as displayed in my words here on Nairaland to determine my character yourself since you cannot see the Ọmọluabi on my face.

For Fuq Face Kayode is not Ọmọluabi as you can tell by the lack of it on his face!

Ọmọ ale ni ki mo ile ti o ti jade wa!

Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by Charleys: 5:07pm On Oct 23, 2019
budaatum:

I am buda atum from the Orolu Kingdom of Ifọn Ọsun. It is in an area in the Federal Republic of Nigeria in West Africa known as Yoruba Land.

In the past, long before book, we wrote our character on our face so we would remember and those who see us would know we are of good character. Below is a picture depicting Ọmọluabi before we started writing and learning it in book.

Please go and observe my very numerous fruits as displayed in my words here on Nairaland to determine my character yourself since you cannot see the Ọmọluabi on my face.

For Fuq Face Kayode is not Ọmọluabi as you can tell by the lack of it on his face!

Ọmọ ale ni ki mo ile ti o ti jade wa!

Yeah that's what we talking about.

angry

But I disagree with you on Femi fani Kayode. His family has been in position in Nigeria even before independence....go and research it.
So I don't believe this your fani Kayode is not Yoruba story.
Re: ‘fulani Did Not Invent Yoruba And Yamuri’, Prof Farooq Counters Fani-kayode by budaatum: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2019
Charleys:

Yeah that's what we talking about.

angry
Enlighten me. What is it that you are talking about?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Stops The Man Trekking For His Honour / Why Do FG Shut Down All Refineries Few Months To Dangote Refinery Commission ? / All The Tribes In Southeast Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.