Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,455 members, 7,830,268 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) (44638 Views)

NIN-SIM Linkage: FG Directs Telcos To Bar Outgoing Calls On Unlinked Lines / Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / We Didn't Ask MTN To Charge For USSD - Banks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by FarahAideed: 7:16am On Oct 23, 2019
Afamed:

keep quiet hypocrite. All your blames was on government when the news came out.You could not have been speaking with two sides of your mouth now

Always making wrong accusations .. when the news came out I was one of the few that said there is no way this could have been initiated by the TELCOS because their USSD sessions have never been ever free and for someone who has worked comprehensively with USSD deployment for fintech transactions I should know this ..I even went farther to state that Banks must have initiated this at the behest of the CBN and I still maintain this position because I know no bank can pass any cost to a customer without explicit and express approval from the CBN and no TELCO will initiate a charge centre without same approval from the NCC
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by meobizy(f): 7:17am On Oct 23, 2019
This is for broke people to rant about. I am making money and know someway or somehow it’ll go back into society. If e pain you work for your money too.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by obi4eze(m): 7:18am On Oct 23, 2019
angry
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Angelfrost(m): 7:25am On Oct 23, 2019
Nigeria Banks!!!... Biggest scam artistes in the universe!!! I don't stand to be corrected.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by panpan(m): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2019
There is nothing wrong in the letter by the Body of Banks to the Telecommunication Operators.

It is not as if USSD was previously free, and the Body of Banks suddenly asked the Telecommunication Operators to start charging customers.

The Telecommunication Operators proposed an increase in USSD charges by 450% to the banks.

The banks did not want to be seen as being exorbitant to their customers; the banks also did not want to take the blame for charging customers for any failed or delayed USSD transactions as a result of possible poor network.

To prevent any backlash from their customers, the Body of Banks stated that if the Telecommunication Operators insist on the N4.5 per 20 seconds USSD session, they should charge the customers directly (instead of charging the banks who would still have pass on the cost to the customers).

In others words, the banks do not want to take responsibility for charges that are only going to benefit the Telecommunication Operators.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by naturefellow(m): 7:50am On Oct 23, 2019
Staircases:
If this is really what the banks did. My guy we are fxxked in this country.
Anyways, beautiful staircase see my signature
no signature
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by collab: 7:56am On Oct 23, 2019
Opay is the way. Opay will even give you discount for buying card from your account.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2019
Y'all. They did...

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by MrBONE2(m): 7:59am On Oct 23, 2019
wayne22:
These banks are thieves.
Guess it's high time I started saving my money in a piggy bank.

That's what I have been using grin

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by galadima77(m): 8:07am On Oct 23, 2019
MrRichmond:
So who's telling the truth

The masses my dear, the masses.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by mercyviv(f): 8:17am On Oct 23, 2019
Ruggedniggaone:
damage control abeg start charging #50 that is the change we all voted for thank God bullhari supporters are not left out
That some folks decided to vote Buhari is a choice entrenched in the constitution; one we all enjoy. That you chose to vote someone else doesn't make you saintly or evilly, its also your choice by right. Please learn to respect other's opinion especially when it is about rights. You can't coerce everyone to see things your way at all times...unless you want to be seen as a dictator!!
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by PStacks(m): 9:01am On Oct 23, 2019
Banks are criminals. Fear them.. shege
Shegu banza

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Taciturn1: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2019
SEGLIZ:

this is it when you use a bank CEO to head your apex bank order than an economist.
emefiele is a banker an active bank CEO before coming to head the CBN, what do you ed expect?
remember the days of Charles Soludo with the reforms and policies to the banking sector.
the more we use a core banker to head the CBN the the more the citizens would suffer for it, they go into the CBN to implement the bidding and mandate of the commercial bank being a member.
Yeah. Soludo saw the future. Sanusi did well even as a former First Bank MD though.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Hapinex01: 9:52am On Oct 23, 2019
Na to stop using there yeye ussd be dat oh. Very weeked people.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Justbeingreal(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2019
Minjim:

Oga. Who taught Apc?
Ask lai.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Advancedman(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2019
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by SEGLIZ: 12:27pm On Oct 23, 2019
Taciturn1:
Yeah. Soludo saw the future. Sanusi did well even as a former First Bank MD though.

yeah, those two did well but immediately after sanusi the rest are anti consumers and financial demons.
soon as sanusi stepped down from being the CBN governor and the inter bank debit card usage likewise card maintainance charges was reintroduced, I learnt there was jubilation across banking halls just for the reap off the banking idiot would profit from.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Taciturn1: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2019
SEGLIZ:

yeah, those two did well but immediately after sanusi the rest are anti consumers and financial demons.
soon as sanusi stepped down from being the CBN governor and the inter bank debit card usage likewise card maintainance charges was reintroduced, I learnt there was jubilation across banking halls just for the reap off the banking idiot would profit from.
True.

Card maintenance charge in particular is the most blatant stealing technique the banks are currently using on us.

Imaging a bank with 10 million customers, a dubious card maintenance charge of 52 naira per customer, automatically generates at least 500 million naira each month.

And there's still another interbank transfer/withdrawal charge.

The present CBN leadership is failing us.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by AlphaStyles(m): 2:06pm On Oct 23, 2019
This is the reason I changed to my paga services for savings banks can't be trusted anymore
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by SEGLIZ: 2:22pm On Oct 23, 2019
Taciturn1:
True.

Card maintenance charge in particular is the most blatant stealing technique the banks are currently using on us.

Imaging a bank with 10 million customers, a dubious card maintenance charge of 52 naira per customer, automatically generates at least 500 million naira each month.

And there's still another interbank transfer/withdrawal charge.

The present CBN leadership is failing us.

if they are failing us it would be good but truth is it is worse than failing. they are out to destroy not just the economy but even we the citizens.
they await when their families and their likes would roam the streets kwashiorkor looking like creature.
when it was said that "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy:" this where the thieves that was being referred to.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by GOOOGLE504(m): 2:38pm On Oct 23, 2019
wayne22:
These banks are thieves.
Guess it's high time I started saving my money in a piggy bank.

On a more serious note, we need to find alternatives to these thieves or better still abolish some of them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by Excuzeme: 12:28am On Oct 29, 2019
meobizy:
This is for broke people to rant about. I am making money and know someway or somehow it’ll go back into society. If e pain you work for your money too.

Shut your bloody mouth there!
You think everyone who complains about wrong policies or is against Social injustices is broke?
Mumus like you that have not counted a million in forex are the ones who are always forming "rich dude".

You need to get your orientations right before you turn out to be one of those "Money-Miss-Road" that dont know how to use their money to serve humanity but stash them in Swiss Accounts, die and it is confisticated by the Swiss authorities.
Re: Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) by meobizy(f): 6:57am On Oct 29, 2019
Excuzeme:

Shut your bloody mouth there!
You think everyone who complains about wrong policies or is against Social injustices is broke?
Mumus like you that have not counted a million in forex are the ones who are always forming "rich dude".

You need to get your orientations right before you turn out to be one of those "Money-Miss-Road" that dont know how to use their money to serve humanity but stash them in Swiss Accounts, die and it is confisticated by the Swiss authorities.
Lol. One of the examples of broke people I mentioned about is on the attack.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

HD Photos Of The Tecno Winpad 10 - Specifications - Price / See The Scam SMS I Received Today / See The Hilarious Text I Received From Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.