Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club (24128 Views)

American Blasts Nigerian Uber Driver For Hating On Trump, Calls Nigeria “trash” / BORDER POLITICS: An End To The Igbo And Ibibio E-war / Cross-carpeting In Nigerian Politics: An Index Of Our Politicians' Substance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by babajero(m): 5:41am On Oct 23, 2019
LAZAREY:
Unlike American Politics dominated by youths like Trump, Biden, Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton. Ugly woman.
Your stupid writing does not change the fact she wrote.
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by 9jaRealist: 5:42am On Oct 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

When I mean recycled, I mean that obansanjo since his military days still dictates who becomes president and all. It’s still the same class of 79’ that run things!

Obasanjo left power 79’ and has been active ever since till date.

No, he doesn’t....
He backed Atiku against Buhari and lost.

Meanwhile, the US keeps “recycling” the same families...
While the UK keeps “recycling” the same public school alumni.
>
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by deadBBQ: 5:43am On Oct 23, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Olosho and Drug pedling youths wont also notice the part that says Presidency is coming south due to a gentle mans agreement

they are cursed never to rule this country
[/s]
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by deadBBQ: 5:43am On Oct 23, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Am not excusing you not having a laptop... hell no, but with SoloLearn App you get a coding sandbox and a coding note pad, with a compiler all on your phone , best part is you have lots of people in its forum doing class assignments trogether and interacting with asians and indians all from your smart phone

Like i said am not excusing a laptop, just giving you realistic ways of learning with your phone at anytime and in a better form

[/s]
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by 9jaRealist: 5:44am On Oct 23, 2019
babajero:
Your stupid writing does not change the fact she wrote.

Nor does your personal insult on him change the FACT he wrote... cheesy
>
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by Jojujewel(f): 5:45am On Oct 23, 2019
Lazy Nigerian youths.. Una see unaself?

Team Titans, Gunners for life, Online keyboard warriors, Team BMC, Team Afonja, Team IPOB

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by babajero(m): 5:46am On Oct 23, 2019
9jaRealist:

Nor does your personal insult on him change the FACT he wrote... cheesy
>
And your unreasonable assertion does not make you reasonable.
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by 9jaRealist: 5:49am On Oct 23, 2019
babajero:
And your unreasonable assertion does not make you reasonable.

Nor does your obtuse retort make you clever... cheesy
>

1 Like

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by solmusdesigns: 5:49am On Oct 23, 2019
The Irony of life is 99.9999% of the youths commenting dont understand her words..

She said "Nigeria Politics" is an Old men club where gentlemans agreement of rotation must be followed

The old men club only adjectifies the Gentle mens Agreement.. as in the 18thcentury where "Old Men Club" or fraternity lodge, freemasions and ogbonis are noted for thier gentle mans agreement and sealing deal with handshake

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by Tospringe: 5:53am On Oct 23, 2019
LAZAREY:
Unlike American Politics dominated by youths like Trump, Biden, Pelosi, and Hillary Clinton. Ugly woman.
You forgot to add Bernie Sanders, Mitt Romney
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by gosmoney(m): 5:55am On Oct 23, 2019
LAZAREY:
dont u knw how to read and understand?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by deadBBQ: 5:55am On Oct 23, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
Start by downloading a programing language pdf ebook and then download sololearn on your andriod or iphone

[/s]
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by Tospringe: 5:56am On Oct 23, 2019
SouthSouth1914:

How old was Barack Obama when he became president?
How old was Gowon when he became Head of State ?
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by deadBBQ: 5:56am On Oct 23, 2019
[s]
solmusdesigns:
The Irony of life is 99.9999% of the youths commenting dont understand her words..

She said "Nigeria Politics" is an Old men club where gentlemans agreement of rotation must be followed

The old men club only adjectifies the Gentle mens Agreement.. as in the 18thcentury where "Old Men Club" or fraternity lodge, freemasions and ogbonis are noted for thier gentle mans agreement and sealing deal with handshake
[/s]
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by VirginSearcher(m): 5:56am On Oct 23, 2019
Thank you madam just as they forced an old Buhari on us and contemplating on adding another one like Tinubu
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by penjm: 5:56am On Oct 23, 2019
Handled by old man!
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by 9jaRealist: 5:59am On Oct 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:

I think you mean “Old Boys’ Club”...

But that’s NOT what she’s saying...
Rather, she was being LITERAL and the bit about gentleman’s agreement is a second strand of thought.

Sadly, her drivel is the epitome of ‘parachute’ analysis...
Zoning in Nigeria is not a Chicago-style smoke room accord but rather loudly propagated in the plain view.
>

1 Like

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by donaldtruman: 6:10am On Oct 23, 2019
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/nigeria-politics-old-men-club-us-diplomat

She did not say Nigeria"s politics is a club of old men b'cos she is projecting the youths as she never mentioned the youths in her statement but what she means is that it is a cabal of old men who are in power to protect and advance their interest,not having d interest of their country and it's citizens at heart.

A club of AGBAYAS"

She could ve also said it is club of youths in d same context.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by 9jaRealist: 6:10am On Oct 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:

And in case you are still in doubt...
Go back and look at the original article (as well as the OP’s post).

She clearly says, “[t]here is ALSO a gentleman’s agreement...” (emphasis added)...
In effect, she is saying that in ADDITION to being gerontocracy, there is ALSO this gentleman’s agreement.
>
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by samdigo90: 6:10am On Oct 23, 2019
Old fools club
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by GodAbeg5(m): 6:12am On Oct 23, 2019
DenreleDave:
Pls how do I go about learning programming during my service year coming up next year...I'm studying banking and finance but I can't be looking for job like many are doing now..

I wana switch to learning things like IT... Guys Pls help.

I can't be jobless, the plight of graduate makes me feel so bad for my own self gan. I did my internship at GTB IN 2015 after my National diploma.. Now I will be graduating from the university in few weeks time

I am a fast learner even though I don't have a laptop for now but I am a computer literate.. I have a diploma in desktop publishing and I'm averagely perfect (funny right? ) with corel draw. Lack of system and practice made me stagnant in designs

... Does any one have any laptop to spare as a way of helping me

Mods don't ban me.. I av done notin wrong

I designed this and can do many more
You are perfect to start up a career in Data Science and AI,check my post in the Career section on 'Data Science and AI',thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by akdjr(m): 6:15am On Oct 23, 2019
Why are world leaders of every Nation controlled by Rosicrucians, the Free Masons, House of Amorc, Ogboni and all the societies of this world? If only she can answer this question.
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by olalekan9320(m): 6:16am On Oct 23, 2019
Came4amod:

Buy a journal and document your learning process .. and be consistent .. learn everything on the internet .. but do it privately .. learning new things in public places will create problems for you .. or like reading books in the office everyday In front of your coworkers or boss .. may even get u in trouble I wish someone told me this a time ago grin
Please, can you expatiate on this, I did it sometimes ago and won't mind doing it again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by babyfaceafrica: 6:17am On Oct 23, 2019
donaldtruman:

She did not say Nigeria"s politics is a club of old men b'cos she is projecting the youths as she never mentioned the youths in her statement but what she means is that it is a cabal of old men who are in power to protect and advance their interest,not having d interest of their country and it's citizens at heart.

A club of AGBAYAS"

She could ve also said it is club of youths in d same context.

what she means is that it is a cabal of old men who are in power to protect and advance their interest

even us politicians are in power to protect their interest!
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by Caution30: 6:19am On Oct 23, 2019
So true!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by Dpharisee: 6:20am On Oct 23, 2019
Even the US has taken note of the gentleman agreement regarding power rotation, the northern politicians should not play with fire as their I'd palpable anger in the land
Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by ATTemi: 6:21am On Oct 23, 2019
While the youths are busy with the following
1. If ur mother slap your wife, what will u do?
2. Tacha fans slam mercy 4 wearing same outfit
3. 10 things u don’t know about Mompha
4. Do u Davido’s son was born few minutes after midnight?

Something is doing us in Nigeria!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by checkedout: 6:22am On Oct 23, 2019
DenreleDave:
Pls how do I go about learning programming during my service year coming up next year...I'm studying banking and finance but I can't be looking for job like many are doing now..

I wana switch to learning things like IT... Guys Pls help.

I can't be jobless, the plight of graduate makes me feel so bad for my own self gan. I did my internship at GTB IN 2015 after my National diploma.. Now I will be graduating from the university in few weeks time

I am a fast learner even though I don't have a laptop for now but I am a computer literate.. I have a diploma in desktop publishing and I'm averagely perfect (funny right? ) with corel draw. Lack of system and practice made me stagnant in designs

... Does any one have any laptop to spare as a way of helping me

Mods don't ban me.. I av done notin wrong

I designed this and can do many more

Goto w3schools.com

Also use youtube

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Linda Thomas-Greenfield Calls Nigeria’s Politics An Old Men’s Club by babzo(m): 6:24am On Oct 23, 2019
Came4amod:

Buy a journal and document your learning process .. and be consistent .. learn everything on the internet .. but do it privately .. learning new things in public places will create problems for you .. or like reading books in the office everyday In front of your coworkers or boss .. may even get u in trouble I wish someone told me this a time ago grin

What happened? Tell us more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Cross River Police Arrest Suspected IPOB Members, Recover IEDs, 5 AK47, Others / Central Bank Bank Illegally Funnels Huge Cash To FG - Premium Times / Stop Buhari's Impeachment Process Now Or Else..... - MURIC Threatens NASS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.